• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mac and Cheese in Dcb in Microwave Recipe

In summary, this recipe is easy to follow and quick to make. It uses evaporated milk and sharp cheddar which makes it delicious.
DebPC
Staff member
DCB Amazing Mac N Cheese
Place 2 cups elbow macaroni, 1 can chicken broth, and 2 cups of Half/Half into your Deep Covered Baker. Stir, then cover with the lid. Heat on high in microwave for 14 minutes (use turntable or rotate every 2 minutes). Remove from heat and add 2 cups shredded cheese- stir - place lid on baker and let sit 10 minutes. Stir and serve warm, top with bacon or ham and more shredded cheese if desired.

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1943/55765750816799253422718.jpg

That sounds so good! I think I'll be trying it soon! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

Awesome! I have some half and half to use up so this is perfect! Thanks for the recipe.

This looks yummy!

What kind of cheese did you use?

Haven't made it yet- but I would choose Colby Jack and Cheddar- but many would work. Just depends on your personnal preference.

DebPC said:
Haven't made it yet- but I would choose Colby Jack and Cheddar- but many would work. Just depends on your personnal preference.

I have sharp cheddar, and would want to use that, but wasn't sure if I should be using Velveeta.

THANKS!

i would definitely would say sharp cheddar is the best for homemade mac and cheese

I made this tonight!!

OK, first, let me say I have made various mac & cheese recipes. Smoked mac & cheese, Martha Stewart's mac & cheese, the 3 cheese mac & cheese for the RCB, just to name a few.

All of those recipes are EXHAUSTING and time-consuming to make.

So, back to this recipe. Not only did I NOT have to cook the pasta separately, but it was SO easy. And quick. And only the DCB to clean.

I used Cavatappi pasta instead of the elbow. So there was a little too much liquid - but not bad. Cavatappi is slightly larger than elbow, so maybe 2 cups wasn't enough. Next time I will use elbow. Oh, and I used 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar.

But, I have to say it was really good!

Nothing compares to the Smoked mac & cheese - but we have to drag the smoker out. And, yes, the 3-cheese recipe for the RCB is really really good. But, very time-consuming and costs a lot more in cheeses (uses gruyere)!

So, while it wasn't the best mac & cheese, for a quick weeknight mac & cheese - this was awesome.

And DH liked it - can't beat that!

Thanks Deb for posting!

Last edited:
This sounds great! And, perfect 'comfort food' for a day that's going to be about 20 degrees! It's on my menu for tonight!

I made this soon after Deb posted it and then made it again tonight with a few changes. My microwave takes an extra couple of minutes to cook the pasta so I did it for 16 minutes and stirred halfway through.

Tonight I used fat free evaporated milk and enough water to make that into 2 cups in place of the half-and-half. I rarely have half-and-half on hand, but I always have evaporated milk in my pantry. I also added 1/2 tsp of dried mustard to the liquid before cooking. When I stirred in the cheese, I added a little salt and pepper.

It was delicious both times. The mustard adds a lot and so does the salt and pepper. I couldn't tell a difference between using half-and-half and using the evaporated milk. So, this is a great thing to make from the pantry since the only fresh item you need is the cheese. I usually have cheese in bags in my freezer so this is something I can throw together quickly almost any time.

I served it with steamed fresh cauliflower I had leftover from a recipe that only used half a head and edamame for some additional protein. The family thought it was great and it took me hardly any time at all.

Thanks for the recipe. I'll be making this again.

Shari in TX

Thanks for your tweeks. I would never think to add dry mustard and lower fat is always a plus in my book.

I was gonna try evaporated milk tonight, but chickened out... should have trusted my instincts. Next time!

I usually don't make changes to recipes because I don't think I'm very creative and I don't want to mess something up. But the Quick 'n' Creamy Mac 'n' Cheese from 29 Minutes to Dinner 2 is one of our favorite Mac 'n' Cheese recipes and it uses evaporated milk. That's another one that's easy to make in a pinch if you keep the squash and a bag of Italian cheeses in the freezer. Since I knew the evaporated milk worked well in that one, I felt confident in trying it in this one.

The dry mustard comes from my Baked Macaroni and Cheese recipe that my family loves. It's simple, but delicious and the mustard really makes it.

Shari in TX

You guys finally sold me on the DCB. I'm a new consultant and wasn't sure if I should get one thinking I would never use it. I know better now and I am ordering one today!

Good choice- it's definately a cornerstone of our line!

I made it the other night. I used whole wheat penne, fat free half and half and reduced fat shredded cheddar. I also made broccoli in the micro cooker and chopped it with the food processor. My son and husband both loved it... and I got broccoli into them! Bonus!

freetofly06 said:
You guys finally sold me on the DCB. I'm a new consultant and wasn't sure if I should get one thinking I would never use it. I know better now and I am ordering one today!

Great decision! This will be your FAVORITE item - both for a show and home use. The recipes on PC for this product are good. BUT...go under the Recipes and Tips forum here and you will find a million recipes for this product - plus so many other products.

I keep a file on most of the products, especially the higher prices ones, and send it to my customers who order the product so they have a LOT of reasons to use it. Sometimes, I print up one page of recipes for the customer, then follow up with them in a month and see how they like the product, etc., then ask if they'd like to get more recipes. It makes a good follow up call to be able to offer to e-mail them more recipes - with your contact info on it, of course!

I make mac n cheese A LOT!! I do a similar recipe to this one but I always add our Dijon Mustard Rub. I sprinkle the rub on top of the cheese, then mix everything in. I usually use mild cheddar, parmesan, and velvetta.

CookinWithLynda said:
Great decision! This will be your FAVORITE item - both for a show and home use. The recipes on PC for this product are good. BUT...go under the Recipes and Tips forum here and you will find a million recipes for this product - plus so many other products.

I keep a file on most of the products, especially the higher prices ones, and send it to my customers who order the product so they have a LOT of reasons to use it. Sometimes, I print up one page of recipes for the customer, then follow up with them in a month and see how they like the product, etc., then ask if they'd like to get more recipes. It makes a good follow up call to be able to offer to e-mail them more recipes - with your contact info on it, of course!

I'm excited to get it. I have $200 to play with to order product...trying to figure this out cuz I want sooo much!

My tweeks to Mac and Cheese. (I have not made this in the microwave yet, however)

I add about a drop of worschester sauce. dry mustard and a drop of hot sauce. (I do not like heat but this adds a nice flavor and not enough heat to notice).

Also, I use the following cheeses: Very sharp, Swiss, cheddar colby jack, jalpeno and you can also add in some Parmesan too.

I call this my quadruple by pass Mac and Cheese. It should come with the defib paddles but damn it's a tasty way to go!:rolleyes:

What is the recommended cookware for making Mac and Cheese in the DCB in the microwave?

The Deep Covered Baker (DCB) from Pampered Chef is the recommended cookware for making Mac and Cheese in the microwave. Its deep and covered design allows for even cooking and easy cleanup.

How long does it take to make Mac and Cheese in the DCB in the microwave?

The cooking time for Mac and Cheese in the DCB in the microwave varies depending on the power of your microwave. On average, it takes about 12-15 minutes to cook the Mac and Cheese until it is hot and bubbly.

Can I use any type of pasta for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of pasta for this recipe. However, we recommend using a short pasta like elbow macaroni or penne for best results.

Do I need to cover the DCB while cooking the Mac and Cheese in the microwave?

Yes, the DCB should be covered while cooking the Mac and Cheese in the microwave. This helps to trap the steam and heat, resulting in a quicker and more even cooking process.

Can I add additional ingredients to the Mac and Cheese in the DCB in the microwave?

Absolutely! You can add in your favorite ingredients such as diced ham, cooked bacon, or vegetables to customize your Mac and Cheese in the DCB. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies