• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lunch Ideas for Book Club: Hosting Tips for 4-8 Guests

In summary, the author is hosting a book club this month and is trying to decide what to make for lunch. She has two pizzas and a simple salad planned, but is not sure how varied to make the food. She also wants to offer something different, but is not sure what. The author recommends the ham and cheese brunch squares as a dish to make.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm hosting book club this month, and instead of our typical brunch on a Saturday, we're doing lunch on Monday. I'm trying to decide what to make. Not sure how many will come. Typically anywhere from 4-8, sometimes more.

I want to offer a few different things, but I'm not sure how varied to make the food. I was thinking of doing 2 different pizzas (Spinach Carbonara, and a BBQ Chicken & Pineapple) and then a salad. Do you think that's good, or should I do something different? Would the strawberry salad be okay, or too many different flavors going on?

I personally LOVE the ham & cheese brunch squares...you can also prep it the night before. You can add the cheesy tex-mex roll ups if you'd like. If you like the pizza idea, I would just make a plain caesar salad to make it easier on yourself.....just be sure it's in our bamboo bowl!:D

Digesting a good book isn't enough? Whacha readin' these days?

Don't forget the oil dipping seasonings or the new sauces over cream cheese.

Book club...wow I'd love to participate in one. I'm betting the DH votes no....

Why? Has he got a thing about bookies?Book club has gotten me to read all kinds of things I otherwise probably wouldn't read. I just finished A Lion Among Men, the third book in Gregory McGuire's Oz series.

I think the two pizzas and a simple salad would be good.

I would like to find a book club in my area, I think it would be a great way for me to meet new people.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Why? Has he got a thing about bookies?

Book club has gotten me to read all kinds of things I otherwise probably wouldn't read. I just finished A Lion Among Men, the third book in Gregory McGuire's Oz series.

Nah it's just that we have a five month old baby and I quit my job in January. Now I'm doing PC so I'm not always here to be with baby so I'm not sure any extra nites out are fair. I'm sure he'd say ok, but I often feel a bit "oogie" having given up my healthy income and putting it all on him...making our budget sometimes uncomfortably tight. Add to that time away because of PC...I dunno...I just want to be careful to be sensitive

But I surely miss reading a good book and I'd love to hang out and chat about it!

This book club is with other women from my church. Our reading list isn't as intense and as formal as other groups. In fact, I had one lady e-mail me that she thought our list was wimpy and wasn't the challenge she was hoping for. Ugg. So...This month we are doing Christy, by Catherine Marshall. I still need to read it. :D I finally got the book yesterday. I'm terrible this month. But I read next month's book already--The Host, by Stephenie Meyer. I really liked that one! :)

babywings76 said:
This book club is with other women from my church. Our reading list isn't as intense and as formal as other groups. In fact, I had one lady e-mail me that she thought our list was wimpy and wasn't the challenge she was hoping for. Ugg. So...

This month we are doing Christy, by Catherine Marshall. I still need to read it. :D I finally got the book yesterday. I'm terrible this month. But I read next month's book already--The Host, by Stephenie Meyer. I really liked that one! :)

I LOVE this book. It's been several years since I read it...maybe I need to pull it out again. It's semi-biographical, based on Catherine Marshall's life.

Hmmm Christy sounds good.... maybee I need to hit the Library today.

Problem is I get into a good book and my house and biz (not to mention my kids do not get the attention they should!)

etteluap70PC said:
Hmmm Christy sounds good.... maybee I need to hit the Library today.

Problem is I get into a good book and my house and biz (not to mention my kids do not get the attention they should!)

I'm exactly the same....Had to go stern on myself and limit my reading to after bedtime...course my house is always a mess and now I don't have a good book to blame! lol

For luncheons, I prefer a ring, namely the Lemon Herb Chicken Ring and the Fiesta Sandwich Ring (see attached):

Attachments

• Fiesta Sandwich Ring Recipe.doc
    19 KB · Views: 415
  • LemonHerbChickenRing.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 291
cathyskitchen said:
For luncheons, I prefer a ring, namely the Lemon Herb Chicken Ring and the Fiesta Sandwich Ring (see attached):

Ohhhh LOVE the Lemon her chicken ring!!!

Calypso Club is always a HUGE WOW when I bring it places. MMMMmmmm I'm hungry!

What are some easy and delicious sandwich options for a book club lunch?

Some delicious sandwich options for a book club lunch could be a classic turkey and cheese sandwich, a chicken salad sandwich with grapes and almonds, or a veggie wrap with hummus and avocado.

What are some make-ahead salad recipes that can feed a group of 4-8 guests?

A tasty make-ahead salad option could be a quinoa salad with fresh veggies and a zesty vinaigrette dressing, a spinach and strawberry salad with a balsamic vinaigrette, or a Greek salad with feta and olives.

Are there any vegetarian options that can be easily prepared for a book club lunch?

Yes, there are plenty of delicious vegetarian options for a book club lunch. Some ideas could be a roasted vegetable and hummus wrap, a caprese salad with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes, or a lentil and vegetable soup.

What are some quick and easy desserts that can be served during a book club meeting?

Some quick and easy dessert options could be fruit skewers with a yogurt dip, mini chocolate chip cookies, or a fruit and cheese platter with crackers.

What are some creative ways to serve beverages at a book club lunch?

One creative idea could be to create a DIY mimosa bar with different fruit juices and champagne for guests to mix and match. Another idea could be to offer a variety of infused water options with fresh fruits and herbs. And of course, offering a selection of hot teas is always a classic option for a book club gathering.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • kcjodih