• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make a Luau-Themed Trifle Dish with Skewers and Drinks?

In summary, the recipe for the Rum Cake is on Taste of the Tropics website, and it needs a plastic lei to keep the drink from getting diluted in the rain.
LoveMyKids
Can anyone think of one? I have a friend doing a luau-theme with skewers, drinks, etc. If there's a way to use my trifle bowl, I'd love to.

what about doing the rum cake in the bowl? I have done the cake and think it would work for the trifle bowl!

heat123 said:
what about doing the rum cake in the bowl? I have done the cake and think it would work for the trifle bowl!

Mmm, sounds yummy. Can you remind me where that recipe is? I'm still fairly new. :eek: Thanks for being so quick to advise! :)

I made this trifle about a month ago and it was DELICIOUS! I think I also added strawberries. Mango would probably be good too! Hope you enjoy it!

Tropical Dream Trifle

1 frozen prepared pound cake (10.75 ounces)
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 lime
1 large banana, chopped
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced

Cut pound cake into 3/4-inch cubes; place in large bowl. Add pineapple; toss gently and set aside.

Zest lime to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice lime to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Chop banana. In a bowl, combine banana, lime juice and lime zest; mix well.

Add whipped topping, sour cream and powdered sugar to banana mixture; mix well.

To assemble trifle, place one-third of the cake cubes into bottom of a trifle bowl. Top with one-third of filling mixture, spreading evenly. Repeat layers two more times. Sprinkle coconut over top of trifle. Pipe rosettes of reserved whipped topping around edge of bowl. Slice kiwi. Cut slices in half and place between rosettes. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.

Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Carbohydrates 38 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fibre less than 1 g

LoveMyKids said:
Mmm, sounds yummy. Can you remind me where that recipe is? I'm still fairly new. :eek: Thanks for being so quick to advise! :)
The Rum Cake is on Consultant's Corner under Products and Recipes> Taste of the Tropics. It's the Island Breeze Rum Cake.
Delish!

make sure to put a plastic lei around the bowl, too!

Maybe even rim it with tropical colored sugar!!!

Or hang a little grass skirt around the bottom edge. :)

And stick a paper umbrella in it. (Which I never understood- is that to keep your drink from getting diluted if it starts raining?)

Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm... I'm gonna have to go shopping TONIGHT!

ROFL! You guys are cracking me up!

What is a Luau-Themed Trifle Dish?

A Luau-Themed Trifle Dish is a decorative and functional dish specifically designed for serving trifle desserts at a luau-themed party. It typically features bright and colorful tropical designs and can hold large quantities of dessert.

What is the size of the Luau-Themed Trifle Dish?

The size of the Luau-Themed Trifle Dish can vary, but most are typically 10-12 inches in diameter and can hold up to 4 quarts of dessert.

Is the Luau-Themed Trifle Dish microwave and dishwasher safe?

Yes, most Luau-Themed Trifle Dishes are made from durable and heat-resistant materials that are safe to use in the microwave and dishwasher. However, it is always best to check the specific product instructions for care and use.

Can I use the Luau-Themed Trifle Dish for other types of food?

While the Luau-Themed Trifle Dish is specifically designed for trifle desserts, it can also be used to serve other types of food such as salads, pasta dishes, or even as a decorative centerpiece for fruits or snacks.

Where can I purchase a Luau-Themed Trifle Dish?

You can purchase a Luau-Themed Trifle Dish from the Pampered Chef website, through a Pampered Chef consultant, or at a Pampered Chef party. It may also be available at select retail stores that carry Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • JennLizFran
  • Recipes and Tips