• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy & Lowfat Recipes for Ladies Gym Open House

In summary, some healthy and low-fat recipes suitable for a ladies gym open house include grilled chicken skewers, veggie wraps, quinoa salad, fruit skewers, and roasted chickpeas. These recipes also have gluten-free and vegan options available. They can also be made ahead of time and there are suggestions for low-fat desserts such as fruit popsicles and fruit parfaits.
terryteach
Help! I'm doing an open house at a Ladies Gym and need suggestions on what type of healthy/lowfat recipes I can make? I've done this in the past at the same gym and have made the wonton berry cups and the lorraine tartlets so I was looking for something different that would be easy enough for them to just pop in their mouths.

These are lowfat but not necessarily low calorie. I classify them as "healthier" than regular muffins.

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

1 15 oz can pumpkin
1 box spice cake mix

Mix the pumpkin and cake mix together...blend well. Batter will be thick. Use small scoop to fill mini muffin pan (sprayed lightly with oil from spritzer). Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on rack. You should get about 48 mini muffins from the recipe. They are 1 pt. each on WW (recipe from Hungry-Girl). I have added some raisins that have been rinsed and plumped in hot water. That would be more points, of course.​

thanks so much Leslie- they sound delish

Apple Berry Salsa would work.

How do you approach a gym like this to set up? I'm looking for ideas to seriously up my biz. in hopes of Disney!

zesty crab salad cucumber boats (on the forged cutlery utility knife use and care sheet) and avocado salsa cups (season's best fall/winter 2008) i did these as a light appetizer themed show. they are both really delicious...just don't put too much cayenne pepper in the crab salad like i did at my show!!!!

What are some healthy and low-fat recipes that would be suitable for a ladies gym open house?

Some popular options for healthy and low-fat recipes for a ladies gym open house include:

• Grilled chicken skewers with vegetables
  • Veggie wraps with hummus
  • Quinoa salad with mixed greens and a light vinaigrette dressing
  • Fruit skewers with a Greek yogurt dip
  • Roasted chickpeas with herbs and spices

Are there any gluten-free options for these recipes?

Yes, there are many gluten-free options for these recipes. For example:

• Instead of using regular wraps, opt for gluten-free wraps or lettuce wraps.
  • Use quinoa or brown rice instead of couscous in the salad.
  • Make sure to use gluten-free soy sauce or tamari for the chicken skewers.

Can I make these recipes ahead of time?

Absolutely! Many of these recipes can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge until the open house. For example, you can marinate the chicken for the skewers the night before and then grill them the day of the event. The fruit skewers can also be prepped the day before and stored in an airtight container.

What about vegan options?

Yes, there are plenty of vegan options for these recipes. Here are a few ideas:

• Replace the chicken skewers with tofu or tempeh skewers marinated in a vegan-friendly sauce.
  • Instead of using Greek yogurt for the fruit dip, use a vegan alternative like coconut yogurt.
  • For the veggie wraps, use hummus as the spread and load them up with a variety of colorful vegetables.

Do you have any suggestions for low-fat desserts?

Yes, there are many delicious low-fat dessert options that would be perfect for a ladies gym open house. Here are a few ideas:

• Homemade fruit popsicles made with pureed fruit and yogurt.
  • Baked apples with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a dollop of Greek yogurt.
  • Dark chocolate covered strawberries.
  • Fruit and yogurt parfaits with a sprinkle of granola.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Deb Bixler
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies