• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boosting Show Average: Tips for Encouraging Hosts to Increase Outside Orders

In summary, the speaker is experiencing a decrease in their show average from $600 a couple of years ago to $325 recently. Although their shows are generally going well with positive feedback and bookings, their sales are still low. The speaker has identified that they need to work on encouraging outside orders from their hosts, but is looking for other effective ways to do so without spending money on giveaways or awards. Some suggestions from others include emphasizing the host's wish list, offering a guaranteed $1000 show for a certain number of outside orders and guests, and stressing the importance of attendance. The speaker also mentions the possible impact of the economy on their lower per-customer sales and the difficulty in getting hosts to do a good job
Brandie
I'm not sure if I'm in a slump or what, but my show average has slipped to around $325 :eek: in the last couple of months. A couple of years ago, my average was around $600. Yoikes!

My shows are going really well in general, and I have had at least one or two people comment at nearly every show (3 out of the last 4, anyhow) that they have never had more fun at a PC show. I usually have at least two bookings per show, too. That makes me feel great, but my sales are still stinkin'!

I know one thing I have to work on is encouraging outside orders, but does anyone have any other advice or any really good effective ways to get hosts to do a great job with outside orders? I really can't afford giveaways or big "top show" type of awards. :confused:

I'm sure you've tried this, but I make sure my hosts are working on their wish list from day one. I also remind them of what they get for a $400, $500, or $600 show. When they see how much of their wish list they can earn, it's usually a pretty good motivator.

Deb Bixler had suggested that in her host coaching, she almost guarantees a $1000 show to her hosts......IF they have 8-10 outside orders for her when she arrives to the show, and has 8-10 buying guests at her show. And just promote the $215 in free products, 4 half price items, etc etc once they hit that $1000 level...I also bring my personal experience of a $1000 show, before I signed... I worked my butt off getting outside orders around work....collected about $500 before the show... then about the same from the show!! I tell them that it can double your sales... sometimes that gets a little fire kindled under their butts! I wish more people were motivated like I was as a host....I wanted those free products!

Attendance, attendance, attendance.

Once I started stressing this as my host's #1 responsibility, my sales average has climbed steadily.

Brandie,
I'm not sure how the economy is in IN, but I think that here in MI, it has alot to do w/ my show avg. I have good attendance, good bookings, and also lots of good feedback about my shows.....but I also have a $ per customer that, slowly, over the past 2 yrs, has gone from about $50 per customer to $30 per customer. It's not just me.....other consultants in this area have had the same experience! I just keep telling myself that perserverence will win!

Just like brandie said, It has to be the economy. Here in NY the gas prices are CRAZY over $3.00 a gallon!!:eek: I am doing a fundraiser for my son's school and the dead line is today. Well, out of 58 kids only 10 order's were sent in!!:rolleyes:

I'm having the same issue with per-customer sales. I think my average is probably around $25-30 now whereas it used to be $50-75. I really hadn't thought about the economy. I thought that maybe I was just getting a lot of hosts whose friends and relatives had less "disposable" income!

I suppose that outside orders would be a huge key to this, but I'm just not getting my hosts to do a great job with OOs. So frustrating!

My orders per show are the same that they have been - I avg. about 8 outside orders per show, which I think is pretty good - in fact, often my hosts will double their show total, or at least bring it up by 2 levels through their outside orders. For instance, last night I had a show with 12 in attendance, 10 ordered, left last night w/ orders at $360. The host had orders from work and some other outside orders to collect this weekend, and I'm sure will end up with a $500 show. 2-3 yrs ago, I am confident this same show would have been a $700 show easy! Everyone had a great time, there was alot of interaction and laughter, I got 2 bookings (June & July - yea me!).....and a lot of good feedback, including an email today thanking me for a "great presentation"....
I just know that w/ the rate of unemployment, and the # of businesses closing their doors in my area - even for people who have jobs, there is a hesitancy to spend alot of money......even past hosts, when they host now, are not taking advantage of the host discount like they used to - using their FPV, and 1/2 price items, and calling it good.
I'm just thankful that it hasn't effected bookings - as long as I still have shows, I can continue - and eventually the economy will swing back up!

I have noticed a drop, too, and I really believe it has a lot to do with the change from "spend $50 to get a free product" to "spend $60..." Plus, a lot of times the free products, well, suck. A $5 spice???? Get real!! Yeah yeah, I know Wal Mart doesn't give you something when you spend $60, but I'm just saying that the incentive to spend used to be better. I could easily coax someone that was at $40 to spend another $10 to get a $15 item for free. I can't talk someone into spending $15 to get a $5 or $9 item for free.
Just ain't happenin' over here.

Just my .02...

I think the economy and this rising gas prices have a lot to do with it. I know I have to think twice about what I am spending if I go to a show anyone is having. I have noticed a diffrence in some of my shows but not all of them yet. Thankfully, I am like yall my bookings are still going strong.

And here everyone is in Little League right now and just do not have the time to come to shows and they are spending their money at the ballpark twice a week. I think summer affects it too with everyone planning vacations and things that they need thei rmoney for.

dianevill said:
I have noticed a drop, too, and I really believe it has a lot to do with the change from "spend $50 to get a free product" to "spend $60..." Plus, a lot of times the free products, well, suck. A $5 spice???? Get real!! Yeah yeah, I know Wal Mart doesn't give you something when you spend $60, but I'm just saying that the incentive to spend used to be better. I could easily coax someone that was at $40 to spend another $10 to get a $15 item for free. I can't talk someone into spending $15 to get a $5 or $9 item for free.
Just ain't happenin' over here.

Just my .02...

I've wondered if that had something to do with it too....instead of my $50 avg order going to a $60 avg......it's gone down to a $35 avg.....
BUT, and I have a very short memory, the whole Spend $ and get {} for free I believe is relatively new....my first year or 2 as a consultant the monthly specials were more of a special sale item type of promotion (more like July's guest promo) - and my avg was higher then too......

I've found the same trend. Huge show average 2 years ago, often disappointing since then. Last year I thought it was just riding a good or bad host wave. You know, they go to a big show, so when they book, they know you expect a big show. When they book from a show with 3 guests, they think I'm fine with that. Looking back though, I was working in a much more organized fashion then, now I fly by the seat of my pants all the time.

Maybe it's that you don't have as many people coming to the shows? I know when I started, alot of my shows were for friends, and they really tried to get alot of people there, but as I began doing shows for complete strangers (I had just met at a party), my host coaching was lacking to encourage them to overinvite.

The last 3 months I have been sending out invites for my hosts. I ask for EMAIL addresses and send evites for them, but also tell them that if they do not have emails for some, send postal addresses. I have spent very little on postage, and hosts try hard to iinvite as many as possible since I see the list. I got this document from someone else on CS, and this is what I email to all hosts. In fact, they don't get a host packet until I get this back! I have saved some work on hosts packets this way since it helps with hosts that are not serious. I have definitely seen an increase in show average!

Attachments

• GuestList.doc
    113 KB · Views: 301
Well, I am not happy to hear that your averages have gone down but am glad to know that I don't just plain suck at this. Just had my 3rd show, 3 outside orders and 8 guests and we only made it to $350. I believe she's got a couple of other outside orders to get but still only $400.

On the flip side no other job I know would I make $80 for just 2 hours of work :)

Recommendation: While doing your spiel, mention that your AVERAGE guest spends at least $60, and my doing so, you'll get "guest special" for free. I started doing this a few months ago, and it really does work...plays on their mind...psychological thing. I got this idea from a recorded call I listened to a while ago...from Don Funt. (what a riot he is!) I would suggest that you all try this...see if it helps. It has helped me! Now if I could only get my booking up there, I'd be all set! LOL!!

Grrrrrrrrr!!!!Really worked with host coaching--this is the second show from this host, and we discussed outside orders, her wish list, and so on. I go and do the show (not my most sparkly performance, either), and she only has TWO guests there, but several outside orders. Still, all totaled, the show is only about $220! I drove an HOUR for this show. I am getting really discouraged...:(

I have a catalog show closing in a day or so that will be over $400, and I think my HWC FR will be around $500, but this is really getting ridiculous. Do I sound desperate? I feel it!

I really want to get myself in gear to kick booty in June and July, but this is dragging my butt around. Maybe my bridal shower will get me going again...

Sorry to vent!

I was on a conference call the other day and we also were talking about show average. One thing we talked about is making sure that you explain that shipping is only 4.00 unless you want it direct shipped. Some customers are getting confused (because shipping rates are on the front of the order form)and placing lower orders becase they think it willl cost them less in shipping.

I am writing in the $4 shipping along with our tax rate on all my order forms so that hopefully that isn't an issue but thanks for mentioning that! I am going to make sure to point that out. I had lady the other night ordering like $50 worth and asked where it got shipped so I explained everything... she said she didn't think they should have to pay any shipping if it was all going to the host!!!!!!! I just smiled and said she could order $4 worth or $400 worth and it was only $4. It's amazing some days how people think they should get things for nothing. sorry to hijack ... :) Pointing this out is a great tip! Thanks

1. What is considered a "low show average" at Pampered Chef?

A low show average at Pampered Chef refers to a consultant's average number of guests at their cooking shows. This number is calculated by dividing the total number of guests by the total number of shows. A low show average is typically considered to be below 6 guests per show.

2. Why is having a low show average a concern for Pampered Chef consultants?

Having a low show average can impact a consultant's sales and overall success at Pampered Chef. This is because the more guests a consultant has at their shows, the more opportunities they have to sell products and book future shows. A low show average can also affect a consultant's commission and bonuses.

3. How can I improve my show average at Pampered Chef?

To improve your show average at Pampered Chef, it is important to focus on booking shows with higher guest attendance. This can be done by reaching out to potential hosts and offering incentives for them to invite more guests, as well as promoting your shows on social media and through word of mouth. It is also important to provide a fun and engaging experience at your shows to encourage guests to attend future shows.

4. Are there any resources or training available to help increase show average at Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers various resources and training for consultants to help increase their show average. This includes tips on how to book more shows and engage with guests, as well as training on product knowledge and demonstration techniques. Consultants can also seek guidance from their upline and attend local team meetings for support and advice.

5. Can a low show average affect my standing within Pampered Chef?

While a low show average is not ideal, it does not directly affect a consultant's standing within Pampered Chef. However, consistently low show averages may result in lower sales and commission, which can ultimately impact a consultant's overall success at the company. It is important to address and improve a low show average in order to achieve long-term success at Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies