• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy Eating: Low-Fat Recipes for Busy Lives

Add lime juice and season with salt and pepper.4. Toss to combine and serve.In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for low fat recipes for a show later in the month. They mention being in their "super starter month" and wanting less complicated recipes. The person recommends the "It's Good For You Cookbook" and attaches the Weight Watchers point scale and two recipes for grilled chicken and vegetable skewers and baked salmon with lemon and dill. Another recipe for quinoa and black bean salad is also shared.
jennyk
Hi. I am looking for some low fat recipes to try later this month at a show. I'm in my super starter month so the less complicated, the better! :)

I would make something from the It's Good For You Cookbook. I did attach the Weight Watchers point scale for the cookbooks. I also attached 2 recipes I had with Weight Watchers stuff. I've not made them, but they sound good.

Attachments

• Seasons Best Recipe Collection Spring.doc
    52.5 KB · Views: 741
  • Weight Watchers Blooming Onion recipe.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 571
  • Atkins Crab Cakes recipe.doc
    20 KB · Views: 521
1. Grilled Chicken and Vegetable SkewersIngredients:- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks- 1 zucchini, sliced- 1 yellow squash, sliced- 1 red onion, cut into chunks- Salt and pepper- 1 tbsp olive oil- 1 tsp garlic powder- 1 tsp dried oregano- 1 tsp dried thyme- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutesInstructions:1. Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.2. In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, bell peppers, zucchini, squash, and red onion.3. Season with salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, and thyme. Toss to coat evenly.4. Thread the chicken and vegetables onto the skewers, alternating between chicken and vegetables.5. Grill for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.6. Serve hot and enjoy!2. Baked Salmon with Lemon and DillIngredients:- 4 salmon fillets- Salt and pepper- 1 lemon, sliced- 4 sprigs of fresh dill- 2 tbsp olive oilInstructions:1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.2. Place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.3. Season with salt and pepper.4. Top each fillet with a few slices of lemon and a sprig of dill.5. Drizzle with olive oil.6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.7. Serve hot and enjoy!3. Quinoa and Black Bean SaladIngredients:- 1 cup quinoa- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained- 1 red bell pepper, diced- 1 avocado, diced- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro- 1/4 cup chopped red onion- Juice of 1 lime- Salt and pepperInstructions:1. Cook quinoa according to package instructions and let cool.2. In a large bowl, mix together the quinoa, black beans, bell pepper, avocado, cil

1. What are some healthy options for busy weeknight dinners?

Some healthy options for busy weeknight dinners include grilled chicken and vegetable skewers, quinoa and vegetable stir-fry, and baked salmon with roasted vegetables. These meals are low in fat and can be prepared quickly and easily.

2. Can you provide some low-fat dessert recipes?

Yes, there are many delicious low-fat dessert recipes that are perfect for busy lives. Some options include fruit salad with a honey and yogurt dressing, baked apples with cinnamon and raisins, and frozen yogurt with fresh berries.

3. How can I make my favorite dishes healthier?

There are several ways to make your favorite dishes healthier. You can substitute ingredients with healthier alternatives, such as using whole wheat pasta instead of white, or using Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. You can also reduce the amount of oil or butter used in cooking and add more vegetables to your meals.

4. Are there any low-fat options for breakfast?

Absolutely! Some low-fat breakfast options include oatmeal with fresh fruit, whole grain toast with avocado and eggs, and smoothie bowls with yogurt, fruits, and seeds. These options are quick and easy to make, perfect for busy mornings.

5. How can I meal prep for a busy week while still maintaining a low-fat diet?

Meal prepping is a great way to save time during a busy week while still maintaining a low-fat diet. You can prepare meals and snacks in advance and store them in containers for easy grab-and-go options. Some ideas for meal prep include grilled chicken and vegetable wraps, quinoa and vegetable salad, and overnight oats with fruit and nuts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • nancycookspc
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • EmilyStraw