• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Low Fat Appetizer Ideas for Your March Party

Mexican Bean Dip:1 can black beans, drained and rinsed1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro1/4 cup chopped red onion1 Tbsp. olive oil1 tsp. chili powder1/4 tsp. cuminsalt and pepper to tasteTo serve:8 oz. sliced fresh tomatoes1/4 cup chopped avocado1/4 cup chopped fresh jalapeno1 Tbsp. lime juice1/4 cup chopped fresh parsleyBerries 'N Cream Wonton Cups:1/2 cup frozen mixed berries1/2 cup lowfat cream cheese1/4 cup chopped walnuts1 Tbsp
pcnewbie72
I have a party in March and just found out the hostess is on a diet for a wedding. :) :) ...could any one give me an idea for an appetizer to make for this party that is low in fat? :confused:

Low Fat AppetizerI like the Touchdown Taco Dip. You can use FF beans, FF sour cream, FF cheese, FF cream cheese, etc. Then use the baked tostitos. No one would know but you and the host.

Never even thought of doing that, sounds great!!!
Thanks for the advise.
Think I might have to make it for my family to see how it is.
;)

I love the new antipasto-veggie pizza in the new SB - theres no way it is high in calories - its vegetables and a little cheese. Very healthy.

pcnewbie72 said:
I have a party in March and just found out the hostess is on a diet for a wedding. :) :) ...could any one give me an idea for an appetizer to make for this party that is low in fat? :confused:

That's funny you just happened to ask that. I was just in the process of emailing back and forth with a hostess that is doing an upcoming Weight Watchers show. She has decided for sure on the Mexican Bean Dip (It's Good For You cookbook) and possibly the Berries 'N Cream Wonton Cups (same cookbook) or fruit and a low fat dip. I kind of hope she goes for the fruit so I can show off the new Chillzanne server. Let me know if you need any of the recipes.

OH - the curry spread in the new SB is good too - we had it last night with celery sticks, carrot sticks and apple slices. It was yummy!

Thanks so much for the tips...
what is the low fat dip?
And I definately would love the berry wonton receipie, when you have a chance
:)
Thanks again

Here they are!Recipes for Mexican Bean Dip and Berries 'N Cream Wonton Cups.

Attachments

• Mexican Bean Dip.doc
    22 KB · Views: 347
I did a few light cooking demos in January and made the Fresh Basil Bruschetta from the "It's Good For You" cookbook.

I just did a show with the berries and cream wonton cups. They are soo yummy low in points for Weight watchers too! They're fun and easy and look so pretty when they are done.

1. What are some low-fat appetizer options for parties or gatherings?

Some popular low-fat appetizers from Pampered Chef include vegetable trays with hummus, fruit skewers with yogurt dip, and lean protein options like shrimp cocktail or chicken skewers.

2. Can you recommend any low-fat dips for chips or vegetables?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of delicious low-fat dips such as the Guacamole Dip Mix or the Spinach & Herb Seasoning Mix. Both can be paired with chips or veggies for a tasty and guilt-free snack.

3. Are there any low-fat options for classic appetizers like buffalo wings or mozzarella sticks?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef has a recipe for Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites that uses lean chicken breast and a light coating of breadcrumbs, as well as a Baked Mozzarella Sticks recipe that uses reduced-fat cheese and panko crumbs for a healthier twist on these classic appetizers.

4. I need a low-fat appetizer that is also gluten-free. Do you have any suggestions?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a variety of low-fat and gluten-free appetizers, such as Caprese Skewers made with fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and basil, or a Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Dip that can be served with gluten-free crackers or veggies.

5. Can you recommend a low-fat appetizer that can be made ahead of time?

One great make-ahead low-fat appetizer from Pampered Chef is the Vegetable Pizza. It can be prepared the night before and refrigerated until serving, making it perfect for parties or gatherings. It also uses low-fat cream cheese and plenty of fresh veggies for a healthy option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
minirottie
  • Chef Ritz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LisaVH
  • Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies