• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mom's Night Out Event at Children's Play Space - Ideas Needed!

In summary, the children's play space is looking for ideas for a mom's night out event. The toaster oven and microwave are the only tools the space has. The owner is looking for ideas for a simple pre-baked cake that can be done in the toaster oven.
ChefLaurel
Hello Everyone!

I have a booking at the end of the month at a children's play space. The owner is doing a mom's night out event, hoping to have a successful show and maybe increase her clientel.

She has a toaster oven, and maybe a microwave. I am looking for ideas to make - I was thinking about bringing something simple pre-baked in the rect-baker (a pumpkin spice cake, as it's two days before halloween) But i wanted to make something else - any suggestions? I am only in SS2, so I don't own a lot of the tools - but I can borrow some - and one of my customers just bought a fluted pan - there's a cake we can do in the microwave in that, yes?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Laurel

No-Balke or Cook but good demosI have done 2 no-bake receipes at my last 2 shows and everyone has loved them. I did the Crab Spread (I use real crab meat because you can actually get it for the same or cheaper than the fake stuff) and the Autumn Fruit Salad (if you have the microplaner don't zest the whole lime).

Both are great for fall/holiday season and entertaining and they look and taste great! For the crab spread I've been using a loaf of French bread for sampling rather than crackers (just a little fancier).

You can use quite a few products (batter bowl, spatulas, garlic press, chopper, microplaner or zester, cooks corer, cutting board, citrus press, can opener).

On the Autumn Fruit Salad - someone suggested vanilla pudding rather than yogurt since some people don't like the way yogurt tastes.

Both receipes were from www.pamperedchef.com

A Sandwich Ring...works well. I had a show where the hostess lived in a small apartment, and her oven wasn't working. I made the Savory Sandwich Ring...baked the bread at home and sliced it open, then at the show I just had to slice and chop and put the filling into it. They loved it, and with it I made a microwave cake. If you want to make the cake ahead, at home, too, someone just showed me a picture of a "Pumpkin Cake" that was really cute. They found it on Martha Stewart's website. It was two Bundt cakes (think fluted pans) One was set upside down, and the second set right-side up on top of it with the ridges matching, and covered with orange frosting or glaze to make a pumpkin. Looked really cute with autumn leaves around it, and some kind of a green stem in the top. You might have to take a knife and cut off the domed part of the cake to make them flat to fit together. Did this make sense? I hope so.

You can make Banana Toffee Pizza. It was in the S/S 2005 Season's Best. I can also email it to you.

You will just have to bake the cookie crust ahead of time, but the rest of it can be done right there. I have done this for three shows now and it's super easy. Plus, it's a SS recipe!

Good luck!

I just had a party last night with only a very small microwave. I made the "featured recipe" for this month at the PC website - Taffy Apple Pizza. I made the cookie crust at home and then did the topping at the show. Since it was expected to be a crowd and mostly college kids, I did a second recipe - Touchdown Taco DIp. The Mini-baker fit perfect in that small microwave. It worked out great!! If you don't have the mini-baker you do have the Small Oval Baker and you can make that recipe in it!

There is also the caramel apple duo dips in the new season's best books...those are really yummy, really easy, and use lots of tools!!!

1. What types of activities can we plan for the children during the event?

We recommend interactive games and crafts such as cookie decorating, cupcake decorating, or making homemade playdough. You can also set up a small movie corner or have a professional entertainer come in to do a magic show or puppet show.

2. Is there a maximum number of children that can attend the event?

The maximum number of children will depend on the size of the play space and the number of adults supervising. We recommend having at least one adult for every 5-6 children to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.

3. Can we bring in outside food for the event?

Most children's play spaces have strict policies on outside food due to allergies and safety concerns. We recommend checking with the play space beforehand and possibly offering pre-packaged snacks or coordinating with a local food vendor for a special menu for the event.

4. How can we keep the event organized and on schedule?

Creating a schedule or itinerary for the event and sharing it with the attendees beforehand is a great way to keep things organized. You can also assign specific tasks or games to different adults to help with the flow of the event.

5. Can we include some activities for the moms as well?

Absolutely! You can plan a make-and-take activity for the moms, such as creating their own skincare products or a DIY craft project. You can also have a designated area for the moms to relax and socialize while the children are playing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sklay723
  • pamperedmomtoalex
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
Replies
Views
lt1jane