• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Low Carb or No Carb Recipes Are Suitable for the South Beach Diet?

In summary, one of the guests on a show is on the South Beach Diet, and the host is looking for a low carb or no carb recipe to make. Suggestions include the Eggplant Chicken Casserole from the South Beach Diet Cookbook, a Caesar salad with grilled salmon, and a chicken and vegetable stir fry recipe. These recipes can be found on the South Beach Diet message board and are sure to impress with their delicious and healthy ingredients.
pamperedchef216
Hi Everyone!! My host called this morning and requested a low carb or no carb recipe for me to make for her show. Apparently, all of her guests are on the South Beach Diet. Can anyone help? It is greatly appreciated!! Thank you

In the South Beach Diet Cookbook there is a recipe I love. Eggplant Chicken Casserole. I've made it in the Rectangle Bar pan (used two) for a party of 12. Served Strawberry Yogurt pie for dessert. Also demonstrated the carving of a pineapple, and slicing of strawberries in the Egg Slicer Plus. Everyone was full of compliments for my efforts.

Last edited:
Thank youThank you so much!! All of the recipes sound great!! You've been a Godsend :)

pamperedchef216 said:
Hi Everyone!! My host called this morning and requested a low carb or no carb recipe for me to make for her show. Apparently, all of her guests are on the South Beach Diet. Can anyone help? It is greatly appreciated!! Thank you

Go to this wonderful board (I used to be a community leader of theSouth Beach Diet board). You can find summaries of rules and phases, and recipes at the bottom.

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-fbsouthbeach

Your mouth will be watering.

How about a lite caesar salad with grilled salmon on top? You can sear it on the grill pan.

Roast a bunch of veggies, tossed in a zip lock with Lite Ken's Northern Italian dressing, then roast at 425 for 22 minutes. You will think you've gone to heaven.

Hard boiled eggs filled with a lite humus filling (the dip found in It's Good for you),

Hi there!I have a great recipe that would be perfect for your host's show. It's a low carb chicken and vegetable stir fry that is both delicious and healthy. Here's the recipe:Ingredients:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)Instructions:1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.2. Add garlic, broccoli, bell pepper, and mushrooms to the skillet. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, until vegetables are slightly tender.3. In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, and red pepper flakes (if using).4. Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables in the skillet. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the sauce thickens.5. Serve over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles for a low carb option.I hope this recipe is helpful for your host's show. Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can assist with. Happy cooking!Best,

1. What are some good low carb substitutes for flour and sugar in recipes?

Almond flour, coconut flour, and flaxseed meal are popular alternatives to traditional flour. For sugar, you can try using sweeteners like stevia, erythritol, or monk fruit extract.

2. Can I still have desserts on a low carb diet?

Yes, there are plenty of low carb dessert recipes available. You can make treats like cheesecake, cookies, and even ice cream using low carb ingredients like almond flour and sugar substitutes.

3. How can I make sure my meals are filling without using carbs?

Incorporating protein and healthy fats into your meals is key for feeling satisfied on a low carb diet. Foods like eggs, chicken, avocado, and nuts are great options for keeping you full and satisfied.

4. Are there any fruits or vegetables that are low in carbs?

Yes, there are several low carb fruits and vegetables such as berries, leafy greens, cauliflower, and broccoli. It's important to still watch portion sizes and track your carb intake, but these options can add variety and nutrients to your diet.

5. Can I still eat out at restaurants while following a low carb diet?

Yes, it is possible to stick to a low carb diet while dining out. Look for options that are primarily protein and vegetables, and ask for any sauces or dressings on the side. You can also make modifications to dishes, such as swapping out pasta for zucchini noodles or asking for a lettuce wrap instead of a bun for your burger.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jen123
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Juddel
  • sunnygirl in nd
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • chrisgodleski