1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Loving iContact!

1. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

:thumbup:

I had procrastinated using the service because my up-line uses iContact and the photos NEVER come through. I finally decided it might be user error and did a trial. I was very pleased with the results. I just upgraded & sent an e-mail to 376 customers. Within 5 min's of sending the e-mail five of the customers had already opened the e-mail. I love being able to see who's looking. I also LOVE the fact that I can see who is clicking on the "host special" links ... a lead who has voiced that she's interested in hosting (but hasn't set a date) and possibly interested in becoming a consultant. I'll be interested to see if she clicks on the "new consultant kit" link or the "join my team" link! :D

A little "intel" on the customer never hurts, right? LOL

Aug 5, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I use the opens report to pick people to call sometimes. It helps even if they haven't been to a show in over a year.

I don't count on it to be 100% accurate though, I've heard from people who said they saw something in the newsletter and I never showed them as opening it.

Aug 5, 2009
  3. Sheila

The girl that I signed under isn't doing Pampered Chef anymore, but I just saw that she clicked on my Calendar link. LOL I guess she's still interested in how I'm doing. :)

Aug 5, 2009
  4. Humble Beginnings

Humble Beginnings Advanced Member

I tried I-contacts but seem very lost with it. I uploaded my contacts but it looked like an email would need to be sent to all first to see if they want to subscripe is this the case?

5. Sheila

No, that's an option that you can choose, but you don't have to do it that route.

Of the 376 that I e-mailed to, 81 have opened & 2 have unsubscribed. Several are clicking links on host specials. 1 has looked at the "join my team" link twice!

I had signed up for a trial membership once before but was too busy to really sit down & test it. I was lost at first too. I have a little bit of knowledge of html, but not a whole lot. So I was able to go to the html tab and speed up the process of the page layout. In excel you can pick a block of cells to change the alignment. I couldn't figure out how to do that in iContact & it's frustrating only being able to do alignment on one cell at a time.

Aug 5, 2009
  6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

How do you know which links they are clicking on? I haven't looked at a report in a while, but I've never seen where you can know WHICH link they clicked on. I just look at the Full Report. Is there another, or is this a new feature with iContact in the last month that I missed?

That's an awesome feature though and would love to know how to use it!

Aug 5, 2009
  7. Sheila

Go to "Track", then (under "Track my last message") click on "Full Report".
    At the bottom where you select "clicks" on the drop down menu, make sure that you click the "expanded" box next to it. It will show the name of the contact, their e-mail address, which link they clicked on & how many times they clicked on it. ;)

Aug 5, 2009
  8. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Thanks! :)

Aug 6, 2009
  9. flemings99

flemings99 Veteran Member Gold Member

I just signed up last night. My report had several that opened it multiple times. One was a consultant of mine, so I called her and asked if she actually opened it 2 xs. She said the 1st time it was blank??? now I'm wondering if the other ones (most of them only 1 x) actually got my newsletter???

I'm used myemaildesigns.com 1 click send with icontact. LOVE that it didn't take me hours to create/send my newsletter to over 600.

Aug 6, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted