• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are the New Garlic Peeler and Slicer the Perfect Addition to Your Kitchen?

In summary, the garlic peeler and slicer are great for recipes that call for minced garlic. The garlic peeler worked quickly and easily while the slicer made neatly proportionate slices. DH liked them both and the grinder stand was a nice addition. Ginger would be a good next use for the slicer.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I just busted out the new garlic peeler and slicer and I love them! There are just some recipes that you don't want to use minced garlic (garlic press) for. I always hated trying to peel the cloves with my hands, always poked myself and never could get it off right! The garlic peeler worked really quick and easy. Then I put them in the slicer. It worked so smoothly and made nicely proportionally slices. I always hated slicing garlic because either you had to drag out the mandoline (the biggest item for the smallest food!) or do it by hand. These are a plus in my book! DH loved them too.

Oh yeah and I LOVE the grinder stand! Looks great with the grinders.

Totally agree with you, wadesgirl! I used the peeler and slicer tonight to make the al fresco chicken (yum). It's great to not have my fingers smell like garlic for days!

I'm happy that the grinder stand's wells are deep - you can pick up and pass the salt and pepper without them sliding off.

susanr613 said:
Totally agree with you, wadesgirl! I used the peeler and slicer tonight to make the al fresco chicken (yum). It's great to not have my fingers smell like garlic for days!

I'm happy that the grinder stand's wells are deep - you can pick up and pass the salt and pepper without them sliding off.

Yes DH loves the stand. Now I need to get another one for my kit, it looks great to display. The grinders are one of my number one seller from the past season.

Finally had a chance to use the Garlic Slicer today. (I also used our Garlic Peeler for the first time, but I've used a similar one for years.) I sliced garlic to saute with the beef for our vegetable soup.I always put mushrooms in our veggie soup. I tried slicing some shrooms. It worked well. It makes curly little slices. I'm leaving those for The Furry Guy to sprinkle on/in his soup. Next I want to use it on fresh ginger. I love trying the new products. :)

raebates said:
Finally had a chance to use the Garlic Slicer today. (I also used our Garlic Peeler for the first time, but I've used a similar one for years.) I sliced garlic to saute with the beef for our vegetable soup.

I always put mushrooms in our veggie soup. I tried slicing some shrooms. It worked well. It makes curly little slices. I'm leaving those for The Furry Guy to sprinkle on/in his soup.

Next I want to use it on fresh ginger. I love trying the new products. :)
Ginger would be great! Just be careful with those shrooms! :rolleyes:

wadesgirl said:
Ginger would be great! Just be careful with those shrooms! :rolleyes:

Just Baby Bellos--nothing to be concerned about. ;)

Just tried it on ginger. It's great. Thin little slivers with lots of flavor. I sliced it into a glass and added sparkling water. Yum. It would work well with hot water for ginger tea.
Nerd moment: anything that doesn't contain actual tea leaves isn't really tea. It's a tisane or infusion.

I've always been such a die-hard garlic press girl....but tried the peeler/slicer the other day & they did work great!

I broke both of mine out yesterday, finally, and loved how easy it was!

lacychef said:
I've always been such a die-hard garlic press girl....but tried the peeler/slicer the other day & they did work great!

I'm still a die-hard garlic press girl. This just gives us another tool for fine-tuning our cooking. When you want a mellower garlic taste, use the slicer. When you want a full-on garlic taste, use the press.

What are the new garlic items from Pampered Chef?

The new garlic items from Pampered Chef include a garlic press, a garlic slicer, a garlic peeler, a garlic roaster, and a garlic keeper.

Can the garlic press be used for other ingredients?

Yes, the garlic press can also be used for ginger, shallots, and other small vegetables. It can also be used to crush nuts and herbs.

How do I clean the garlic press?

The garlic press can be easily cleaned by rinsing it under hot water and using the included cleaning tool to remove any leftover garlic pieces. It is also dishwasher safe.

How does the garlic roaster work?

The garlic roaster is a ceramic dish that is specifically designed to roast garlic cloves in the oven. Simply cut the top off of a head of garlic, place it in the dish with a bit of olive oil, and roast for 30 minutes.

What is the benefit of using the garlic keeper?

The garlic keeper is a storage container specifically designed to keep garlic fresh for longer. It has a lid with small holes to allow air circulation and a dark interior to prevent sprouting. This will ensure that your garlic stays fresh and flavorful for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• slapsappyhappy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Intrepid_Chef