• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effortless Clean-Up with the Love Kitchen Brush!

mine is about 2 years old and I have had it for 3 years...Well - that explains why he is the EXhusband, huh? ;)I recently bought a brush and I love it. It helps so much on the burning of the hands.I always mention how much I love this when talking about how to clean stoneware! I use one just for my stoneware because I hate burning my hands using the nylon scraper.I earned my with one of my super starter months... So I have had it since about MAY 2001 !!! It used to be lifetime guarantee!! They stopped the lifetime guarantee a couple years ago, saving it for the knives and cookware, BUT the quality has not changed
lisacb77
I just got one of these...they really ought to put this in the starter kit or something! Made Celebration Cookies tonight and it made clean up a breeze...didn't burn my hands on the hot water as I sometimes do using the small stone scrapers and a washcloth. And I use disposable cloths, so this will save $$ and trash!

I think I will take this to all my shows. I like to at least rinse my dishes before leaving the host's house and this will make it a snap!

I cannot wait to get one of those. I use a brush and a scraper to clean my stoneware, but it's such a brilliant idea to have them both in the same tool. I burn my hands all the time scraping under really hot water!

My friend (that is signing in a couple of months) also suggested that a selling point for the people that refuse the stones b/c they feel they have to use soap .....buy a kitchen brush and make a baking soda paste. The paste will also help even the seasoning of your stone and you have sold a kitchen brush!!!
Melissa

I have had this brush for a couple years and if you use the fluted pan ... it's AWESOME! I love it for the flat stones too but in any of them with sides and especially the fluted... I wouldn't be without it! You are so right...it would be a good kit item.

I can't wait to get one!! Thanks!

How do you make the baking soda paste? I have a stone that's a little burnt from roasting some oneions.

I just pour a lot of soda over my stone and drizzle water over it until it is like paste. It works wonders! I need to get one of these brushes though. I almost ordered one with some FPV last week and did not b/c I had not heard anyone talking about it. I will get one next time.

These are a MUST!!! Especially for any stones that have curves. Try cleaning out the Fluted Pan with that stupid square scraper - not happening! I do a 10-minute chocolate "lava" microwave cake at a lot of my show in the Fluted Pan and of course, I always demo the kitchen brush vs. the scraper for clean-up and I always get sales with it. And I also mention the fact that it prevents that "knee-jerk" reaction when the hot water hits your fingers and hands from using that teeny-tiny scraper.

I agree on that hot water reaction!

OMG! I had no idea it had a scraper part to it! I am soo getting one! Thanks for sharing!

I need to get one of those, I HATE burning my hands while cleaning my stones!

A tip I learned from one of my sister-directors...she keeps on Easy Clean Kitchen Brush next to her during "check-out" time at shows...when she is taking orders. Anyone who buys a stone, she tells them abotu the ECKB...since I started doing that, I am selling 3-4 a show...that's a $8.50 add-on to 3-4 orders...nice!!!

Carolyn, That's a great idea!I have the old round one. (They had it in the clearance outlet when it first opened). I have had it for years, I use it, throw it in the dishwasher and then reuse it. I think that the round one is great for the fluted pan and for the muffin pans. I used to have the ECKB, but it was ruined by my ex-husband. :\

jaye said:
Carolyn,

That's a great idea!

I have the old round one. (They had it in the clearance outlet when it first opened). I have had it for years, I use it, throw it in the dishwasher and then reuse it. I think that the round one is great for the fluted pan and for the muffin pans.

I used to have the ECKB, but it was ruined by my ex-husband. :\

Well - that explains why he is the EXhusband, huh? ;)

I recently bought a brush and I love it. It helps so much on the burning of the hands.

I always mention how much I love this when talking about how to clean stoneware! I use one just for my stoneware because I hate burning my hands using the nylon scraper.

I earned my with one of my super starter months... So I have had it since about MAY 2001 !!! It used to be lifetime guarantee!! They stopped the lifetime guarantee a couple years ago, saving it for the knives and cookware, BUT the quality has not changed!
Even though mine is almost 6 years old... it is still WHITE! Never stains!!
AND the bristles are not smashed down the way one from Wally World would be six months after buying it!! YOU KNOW WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT!!!

I LOVE that brush! Have sold many many of them, because I tell them how it doesn't stain - put it in the dishwasher... and that the bristles don't smash down... Saving you money ! You won't EVER have to buy another scrub brush!

I wouldn't do with out it either!

Just remember to keep one for stones (no soap) and one for everyday stuff. I always brag about how great they are for the fluted pan and all of the stoneware I use and tend to sell more too! I try to sell them 2 one of stones and one to use with other products. You can use a marker to note which one is for soap or no soap.

so i should have suggested this brush for my customer who bought 6 packs of nylon scrapers for her self because she kept loosing them?!?!?!?!

Probably.

;)

It is a good suggestion for people who have a lot of stoneware. And a great upsell for February!

sarahmarie said:
so i should have suggested this brush for my customer who bought 6 packs of nylon scrapers for her self because she kept loosing them?!?!?!?!

Most definately! Especially when she needs to order more!

pamperedharriet said:
Just remember to keep one for stones (no soap) and one for everyday stuff. I always brag about how great they are for the fluted pan and all of the stoneware I use and tend to sell more too! I try to sell them 2 one of stones and one to use with other products. You can use a marker to note which one is for soap or no soap.

I have one for my stones which is the no soap one. Can we still put the brush in the dishwasher to clean? I haven't b/c I wasn't sure if it would make the stone soapy, but it is starting to look pretty gross & I haven't had it for very long.

It should be OK to wash the brush in the Dishwasher. It's not porous, so there shouldn't be any soap that sticks around after the rinse cycle.

chefann said:
It should be OK to wash the brush in the Dishwasher. It's not porous, so there shouldn't be any soap that sticks around after the rinse cycle.

Good because the other one is looking pretty bad! I'm just going to order a new one for my stones & give the old one to my husband to use in the garage sink!

chefann said:
Probably.

;)

It is a good suggestion for people who have a lot of stoneware. And a great upsell for February!

Very good point, Ann!

OUUUUUWCH!

Ladies - if your hot water heater is burning your hands, have your DH turn down the temp of your hot water. If it burns you, it can burn your kiddos too!

Dishes and laundry can still be clean. Many dishwashers have a "sterilize" boost to make hot water hotter.

Just a thought. BTW - you can put your stones in a RINSE cyle in your dishwasher about once a month. Also, I've heard of consultants leaving them in the oven on a self-cleaning cycle. Some options to tell your customers. Good luck!

pamperedgirl3 said:
Good because the other one is looking pretty bad! I'm just going to order a new one for my stones & give the old one to my husband to use in the garage sink!

So does this mean that when I get one it is going to get gross since I don't have a dishwasher?? :(

scottcooks said:
OUUUUUWCH!

Ladies - if your hot water heater is burning your hands, have your DH turn down the temp of your hot water. If it burns you, it can burn your kiddos too!

Dishes and laundry can still be clean. Many dishwashers have a "sterilize" boost to make hot water hotter.

Just a thought. BTW - you can put your stones in a RINSE cyle in your dishwasher about once a month. Also, I've heard of consultants leaving them in the oven on a self-cleaning cycle. Some options to tell your customers. Good luck!

The self-cleaning cycle does WONDERS if your stone is getting really bad. Comes out almost looking like new!!

jenniferknapp said:
So does this mean that when I get one it is going to get gross since I don't have a dishwasher?? :(

My brush is still pretty nice. I've had it 5 years (it used to come in the kit or SS bonuses). I don't use it every day, though.

And you can always clean it up in a little bleach-water.

jenniferknapp said:

I've only used it with water, so that might be the problem. I also use it every day, so maybe that's why it got bad so fast.

I have this brush and you can use it for not just cleaning your stones but for cleaning silk from corn, cleaning potatoes, and I got my husband one to use to clean his cleats on his golf shoes. He says it works better than his cleat brush.

I love a scrub brush for potatoes! Then you can cook and mash them with the skins on - that's where a lot of the nutrients are.

I would NOT put my stones in the oven for the self cleaning cycle. The oven gets extremely hot during the cleaning and it could crack the stones. Plus have you ever thought about what the oven is doing to get all that crap clean I personally wouldn't want soething left in there during that time that I am eating off of.

I didn't think we were able to leave the stones in an oven or through the rinse cycle of a dishwasher because the temperature change could cause thermal shock. I've never had a problem cleaning mine with hot water and either the scrapers or kitchen brush.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
Replies
Views
Tracy99
  • chefsara
  • Products and Tips
Replies