• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Bookings: Tips from a Loud and Rowdy Show Hostess

In summary, the expert suggests that other consultants should focus on getting attention by doing things like the "magic word" game or by talking to whoever is listening.
joschef
I just had my 10th show last night with about 17 old friends who wnted to talk, laugh and re-connect. I had a hard time getting attention for any length of time. we did do the purse game and that was fun although they laughed throughout so had hard time getting my PC stuff in the mix. I did the booking slide and i thought i really promoted being a hostess...had 2 former hostesses there who were getting their 10% discount. I asked everyone aobut booking a show and becoming a consultant (was proud of myself for doing that by the way). but the bad news is i only got 2 maybe's in the summer ...okay to call them in june, and another who might want to do a fundraiser. nothing firm at all. i only have 1 tentative show in may and 1 catalog in may so was really banking on getting some bookings from this show. my question is, what ways do other consultants get attention when the crowds are rocking?

This is when you take the host aside (say, "Mary, I need your help over here for a second.") and ask her to help you get everyone to focus their attention for just 30 minutes and then they can socialize afterward. Tell her that they will enjoy the demo more and others, who may want to hear you speak, may not be able to with all the chatter.

It happened to me and I even had a woman that antagonized me during most of my demo. I just let it go until I was able to give back a clever zinger of my own and everyone laughed and the demo was smooth as silk afterward. Just smile and be as flexible as you can.

I find that when I try to control the croud I get very frustrated and they don't enjoy it, because they don't want to be told to be quiet (like they're in school), and they are there to have a good time, this is an evening out without kids (most of the time)... so I just go with the flow. If they're loud and rowdy, I tend to focus more on the wow things, like getting them to try the salad choppers and different things. Can't really think of anything right now. I do know that I never try to shush them because before I became a consultant we had a consultant that did the rounds in our family and at the last show she did they were pretty loud and she really came down on us and we didn't appreciate it. No one wants to be talked down to by a PC consultant (or any other for that matter). So I really try to keep it light and kind of just join in if I can. That's what works for me.

I don't mind loud and rowdy - that's better than a group that just sits there!

One thing I have found that really helps with keeping them focused on the show is the "magic word" game. I got it off the Interactive Show DVD. Have a product (last night I used a rub) that you hand to a guest, and let them know that every time you use the "magic word" they have to pass the product to the person next to them. I give them rules (no baiting me...I'm the only one who can say "the word"....) and then I go on with the show. This seems to really help keep their attention on what we are doing because they are waiting for the word to be said...

I use the word incredible, on the DVD, Jillian Grant uses the word amazing.

It's the closest I come to playing a game, and everyone seems to have a lot of fun with it.

thanks for the input/ideas! I think I am still finding my sea-legs so to speak. I do not want to be pushy or monopolize the party but I do want to get orders/bookings etc. I like the magic word game and I'll try that on sunday!

I say just let them mingle, the first PC party I went to 18 years ago the consultant kept shushing us & made the focus on her and the products. Really left a bad taste in my mouth, 3 years later I attended a fun PC party and joined the company the next day.I KNOW THEY are the reason my business continues. I don't try to quiet them, they are there to socialize & have fun the benefit to me is they will spend $$$.Just relax!! & Enjoy them

I just talk to who ever is listening to me. And, I speed-up my demo! If no one is listening, I just pretend they are and I keep talking.

There is a consultant in my area who used to do shows for some of the same group of people who I do repeat shows with - they are a fun & talkative group and she told them that they were being disrespectful to the host and that her demo would only last so long and that they should listen to her and then socialize :eek::eek: Guess who they now call??

I allow them to have fun....I will grab their attention in the beginning, thank them for coming and tell them I want everyone to have fun. I do a quick intro - why I love PC, why our product rocks, and how booking their show is smart for them & beneficial to their friend the host....I keep it between 5-7 minutes....I explain we will be having a hands on show....that I know how to make the recipe, and so want them to be able to leave able to recreate the same meal....I make my shows interactive, so there are usually a few "posts" where something is being prepared.....one of the guests prepares the meal, and there are usually a few around each work area. I go around highlighting the products being used, answering questions and giving my personal tips and reviews....people at each work zone usually adds....

I try and create a "Party" atmosphere....and I have only heard again and again, that this is the "Best PC Party" I've ever been too. Sales are higher, and bookings a given....people have given you their time to attend, so the least you can do is make it worthwhile. = )

I hate the stereo type of home parties...sitting quietly and listening to a sales spiel.....

i love the idea of "posts" where something is being prepared! what a great idea! I also hate the quiet lecture shows and want truly for my parties to be fun and enjoyable. My gut was telling me to relax, so outwardly I think I appeared relaxed, but inside, I kept doubting my approach and then when i didnt get any firm bookings i felt i must have done something wrong...it was a 750 shows and the host is still collecting oso's so that is good!

joschef said:
i love the idea of "posts" where something is being prepared! what a great idea! I also hate the quiet lecture shows and want truly for my parties to be fun and enjoyable. My gut was telling me to relax, so outwardly I think I appeared relaxed, but inside, I kept doubting my approach and then when i didnt get any firm bookings i felt i must have done something wrong...it was a 750 shows and the host is still collecting oso's so that is good!

Glad I could help....people do love the hands on experience and love the fun atmosphere. Great job on your show! Keep it up! :thumbup: As long as you don't take yourself seriously, go with the flow and be yourself, your shows will be well received. Sincerity and good customer connections are key! The full service checkout also helps with those bookings.

When people are loud and rowdy, they remember your party as a good time. When I get those crowds I make a few jokes about having no control at all, shorten things as much as possible, and tell them how much fun they are.

Hi, I have just been doing Pampered Chef for 3 months now, but have hosted many shows over the past 10 years. I had some shows where the were loud and fun and another where they were loud and disrespectful. If I notice they are a big party crowd, I start out by thanking them for coming and tell them I know they are here to have fun and catch up with friends, but if they give me some time I can finish the demo and food, so they can spend time with friends. It seems to work. When they get off topic I just laugh and have fun with them. Then they seem to give me more time. It's those parties where they thank me for having fun and "putting up with them" I haven't found it hurts my sales either.

I did a show a couple years ago that turned out to be a "block party" for the cul-de-sac. Had I know ahead of time I might have balked.
It was unorganized to say the least and during my presentation I would get lookers from time to time.
It turned out to be a pretty decent show and allright. As it turns out this is how the host wanted it so that was okay with me.

I've experienced this at quite a few of my shows (especially when alot of people are family) and while it frustrates me, I try to remember to let them enjoy themselves. i try to bring it back by asking if they have any questions or want to try a product themselves often. I think what frustrates me the most though is when people have NO questions! It makes me feel like they're listening just to be polite and aren't even considering buying. One time my show as $400, but the second time it was over $700! I guess I was wrong so I'm going to try and not let it get to me. :)

mrshamel3808 said:
I've experienced this at quite a few of my shows (especially when alot of people are family) and while it frustrates me, I try to remember to let them enjoy themselves. i try to bring it back by asking if they have any questions or want to try a product themselves often. I think what frustrates me the most though is when people have NO questions! It makes me feel like they're listening just to be polite and aren't even considering buying. One time my show as $400, but the second time it was over $700! I guess I was wrong so I'm going to try and not let it get to me. :)
How true! I think the important thing to remember is that it is their show, we are obligated to do the best we can for them, coach them as best we can, and leave the results up to what happens.

1. How do I join the "Loud and Rouwdy Group"?

To join the "Loud and Rouwdy Group", you can reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or contact Pampered Chef's customer service for assistance. You can also search for the group on social media platforms and request to join.

2. What is the purpose of the "Loud and Rouwdy Group"?

The "Loud and Rouwdy Group" is a community for Pampered Chef consultants and customers to connect, share tips and recipes, and support each other in their Pampered Chef journey.

3. Are there any rules or guidelines for the "Loud and Rouwdy Group"?

Yes, the "Loud and Rouwdy Group" has a set of guidelines and rules to ensure a positive and respectful environment for all members. These guidelines are listed in the group's description and are expected to be followed by all members.

4. Can I promote my Pampered Chef business in the "Loud and Rouwdy Group"?

Yes, the "Loud and Rouwdy Group" is a great platform to showcase your Pampered Chef business and products. However, please make sure to follow the group's guidelines and avoid spamming the group with excessive promotions.

5. How can I connect with other members of the "Loud and Rouwdy Group"?

There are several ways to connect with other members of the "Loud and Rouwdy Group". You can participate in group discussions and share your own tips and experiences, join virtual events and parties hosted by other members, or reach out to members individually through private messages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KCPChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • niccibyrd
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
niccibyrd
  • CAPCnewbie