1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Lots of Prepping Question!!!

Tags:
  1. pelamm

pelamm Member

My first hostess wants a LOT of food - e.g., 4 rings!!! If I make these ahead of time and put them on a cake board, wrapping them real well, will they reheat OK on the stone? Help!!!!

Paula in TN

May 4, 2005
  2. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

Don't Do IT!!

This is just my own opinion. Don't do it. Do not give in. How many confirmed guests does she have? Have her make 3 rings herself before you get there or you can work on them with her after you arrive (get there about an hour early). But DO NOT try to demo 4 rings and DO NOT make them ahead of time for her. I do not recommend running your business like that. It sounds more like catering than demonstrating.

Also, to your potential hosts at the party they will think it is too much work to host. And to the potential recruits they will think it is too much work to be a consultant.

How did this all come about her wanting 4 rings? I'm sure she's a girlfriend of yours, but that is a little excessive.

And to answer your question...I haven't found rings to re-heat well. Using a stone to reheat in the oven works best, but it still isn't great. What do the rest of you think?

May 4, 2005
  3. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I agree don't do it!

I totally agree with "Chef Kearns". Don't do 4 rings!! She hit the nail on the head about scaring bookings and recruits! Whenever I have a host who insists on several extra recieps we always do them ahead and I make a big deal at the show that this was a special occasion and not normal for our shows.

May 4, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted