• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it okay to prep and reheat lots of food for a host who wants extra recipes?

In summary, the best way to store prepped fruits and vegetables is in an airtight container or plastic bag in the refrigerator, with proper labeling for freshness. It is recommended to prep ingredients no more than 1-2 days in advance to ensure freshness and prevent bacteria growth. Prepped ingredients can be frozen, but blanching vegetables beforehand is advised to preserve texture and color. To prevent browning, prepped fruits and vegetables can be tossed in lemon juice or submerged in cold water with a lemon slice. Finally, prepped ingredients can be used in crockpot recipes, but cooking times may need to be adjusted.
pelamm
My first hostess wants a LOT of food - e.g., 4 rings!!! If I make these ahead of time and put them on a cake board, wrapping them real well, will they reheat OK on the stone? Help!!!!

Paula in TN

Don't Do IT!!This is just my own opinion. Don't do it. Do not give in. How many confirmed guests does she have? Have her make 3 rings herself before you get there or you can work on them with her after you arrive (get there about an hour early). But DO NOT try to demo 4 rings and DO NOT make them ahead of time for her. I do not recommend running your business like that. It sounds more like catering than demonstrating.

Also, to your potential hosts at the party they will think it is too much work to host. And to the potential recruits they will think it is too much work to be a consultant.

How did this all come about her wanting 4 rings? I'm sure she's a girlfriend of yours, but that is a little excessive.

And to answer your question...I haven't found rings to re-heat well. Using a stone to reheat in the oven works best, but it still isn't great. What do the rest of you think?

I agree don't do it!I totally agree with "Chef Kearns". Don't do 4 rings!! She hit the nail on the head about scaring bookings and recruits! Whenever I have a host who insists on several extra recieps we always do them ahead and I make a big deal at the show that this was a special occasion and not normal for our shows.

1. What is the best way to store prepped fruits and vegetables?

The best way to store prepped fruits and vegetables is in an airtight container or a plastic bag in the refrigerator. Make sure to label the container with the contents and date to keep track of freshness.

2. How far in advance can I prep my ingredients?

It is recommended to prep ingredients no more than 1-2 days in advance. This will ensure freshness and prevent bacteria growth.

3. Can I freeze prepped ingredients?

Yes, you can freeze prepped ingredients. Make sure to blanch vegetables before freezing to preserve their texture and color.

4. How do I prevent my prepped ingredients from browning?

To prevent browning, toss prepped fruits and vegetables in lemon juice or submerge them in a bowl of cold water with a lemon slice for a few minutes before storing.

5. Can I use prepped ingredients in crockpot recipes?

Yes, prepped ingredients can be used in crockpot recipes. Just make sure to adjust cooking times accordingly, as prepped ingredients may cook faster than whole ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies