1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Lots of bad things happened...

1. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

I'm overwhelmed with the burden of prayer for many coworkers and friends, so I'm sharing to lighten the load.

First, we found out late Friday afternoon that a co-worker's brother (who we all know at work since he is a sales rep. for our printer supplies) was in a bad accident about 2 a.m. that morning. He was flighted out and in an induced coma because he had bleeding on his brain. His family didn't know until after 11 a.m. on Friday. As of today, he is out of the induced coma and doing MUCH better. He has no known brain injury - praise God! - but has to deal with wrist, jaw and other injuries and surgeries to come. His name is Bill.

Next, an area camp (not the one we work at) lost a counselor on Saturday. All we know that I can share at this time is that he was a male, college age student and that he drowned. Please pray for the summer and full-time staff of this camp in Wisconsin (God will know which one. ;) ) as they deal with this loss. It was the end of their summer and I know that camp staff gets very close in a summer. This is hurting many people.

Finally, I just got an e-mail this morning about a former co-worker in a bad motorcycle accident on Friday...I will just copy his CaringBridge site story here:

Aug 10, 2009
  2. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

Wow Janet, I'm so sorry to hear all of this news. I will be praying for all of them and know God will hear our prayers.

Take Care,

3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Alot to pray for.

Praying with you.

Aug 10, 2009
  4. quiverfull7

quiverfull7 Legacy Member Gold Member

On my knees with and for you Janet!

Aug 10, 2009
  5. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Janet,
    Praying for all these people with you.

Aug 10, 2009
  6. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

Praying for all!

Aug 10, 2009
  7. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Prayers headed upstairs!!

8. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Prayers for Bill and the camp counselor's friends and family. Praise and prayers for Ryan. Prayers also for God to give peace and strength for all the prayer warriors.

Aug 10, 2009
  9. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I'll keep those in prayer.

Aug 10, 2009
  10. janetupnorth

janetupnorth Legend Member Gold Member

Thanks guys! I'm sure all the families truly appreciate it!

For the second story, it has now officially hit the news so I can say more. The young man's name is Alex Heidengren from Pittsburgh, PA. He is a pastor's son and was about to be a sophomore at Wheaton College in IL. He was only 18.

Aug 10, 2009
  11. twinchefs

twinchefs Advanced Member Gold Member

Sending prayers!!

Aug 11, 2009
Have something to add?