• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success at a Kids Consignment Event: Tips for First-Time Booth Owners

In summary, the author is nervous about doing a booth at a Kids Consignment Event and is looking for advice. The author has done 2-3 booths per month for the past year and has found that when she does door prize drawings, she tends to get dead leads. The author is offering a special at her booth this month - a 30% off sale of all glazed stoneware. The author has done $15,000 in career sales and usually does $3,000-$4,000 per month in personal sales. The author is giving away bookings to her recruits and is still doing $3,000-$4,000 per month in personal sales. The author is giving away
nldavis321
Gold Member
I am doing a booth at a Kids Consignment Event that will also have Bridal Gowns. I have never done a booth. I am so nervous and lost!

Where do I start? I am looking for ideas on
*how to set up the table
*what to bring to the show
*do i hand out items
*raffle or no raffle
*cash and carry...i dont have much

My main goal is to get my name out there, get bookings, and a bunch of sales.

You all have some awesome ideas and I have been reading all the past posts about booths. Just needed some advice directed at me...

Thanks so much in advance!

I do 2-3 booths per month. I love them! I've found that when I do door prize drawings, I tend to get dead leads. So I usually do some type of special. Like when the stoneware/simple additions are the guest special at 20% off, I offer 30% at my table. I do a big tri-fold display board to get their attention.

Sorry, this is the only photo I have of one of my boards! LOL It was stoneware month. The ones matted in green are 30% off. All the other (glazed) stoneware that was not on the guest special is matted in black & is 10% off.
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs247.snc1/9418_1236033026156_1389121744_1537355_4594423_n.jpg

I haven't devised the December special yet, but will probably do something like:
  • Spend $60 and get a free decorator bottle set
  • Spend $100 and get the free decorator bottle set AND 10% off your order
  • Spend $170 and get the free decorator bottle set, 10% off your order (brings the outside order down to $153 so that you can put them in as a catalog show, do the "ship to host" and you buy the host special for them at 60% off as a "consultant gift") and either the Snowman Platter -or- the 4 Snowman Appetizer Plates for FREE

I've done $15,000 in career sales, usually do $3,000-$4,000 per month AND I'm a Team Leader. So my commission is usually 28%-29% per month. So I can afford to do this at booths and still make a small profit. If someone came up & bought the knife block set, it's WORTH it to me to pay $41.50 (for the 10%) and $8.60 (for the host special) out of pocket since my commission would be over $100 for that one sale. ;)

Once the person is actually AT my table, I point out that I have a special on ______. Many people will buy right there just because there's a sale that they can't get tomorrow. The ones who stop, are actually fans of the product, so I ask every one of them if they would like to be on my monthly e-mail newsletter. 95% say yes & fill out a contact form. Those are all GOOD leads! They are actually interested in the product & want to be on the newsletter vs. having a bunch of people who sign up for a freebie & really have no interest in being a customer, host or recruit.

I also put up help wanted signs that I designed. The ones who stop to ask about the sign are offered a recruiting packet to take home & review. I also have them fill out a contact form so that I can contact them 2-3 days later & ask "So what did you think" (then I shut up and listen for an answer).

So far, it's been an extremely successful method for me. I'm giving away bookings to my recruits and still doing $3,000-$4,000 a month in personal sales.

Oh, and even if you don't have a PC logo table cloth, go out & buy regular ones! I found pretty Cranberry colored ones that accent the cranberry colors in the PC products. A table cloth REALLY accentuates your table!

Think height on your table. You want enough products for people to see, but they should see it from several feet away & be drawn to the table. Like stacking the three stainless steel bowls (lids on) on top of each other. Being able to see stuff from a distance WILL draw them to your table.

Fill in the gaps on your table with business cards. I put out at least 2 dozen. I have the Merrill product cards and the one with dots products really jumps out against the cranberry table cloths.

I have the magnet backings too, so I flip the stackable cooling rack on it's side & put several magnets on it (facing the crowd). Some people want the card for their wallet, others jump at the one for their fridge. So I offer both.

Here's the help wanted sign:

Attachments

• Help Wanted Sign.jpg
    Help Wanted Sign.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,336
Oh, and for your event, make sure you take bridal shower packets!!!If you have the easy accent decorator, make brownies in the mini muffin pan & use the tart shaper to press down the tops. If you have the large collapsible bowl, you can take them in that & keep them covered for freshness. If you have anything simple additions, put a few out on a serving dish. Then let the kids put a star of peanut butter on the top with the Easy Accent Decorator. ;)

Shiela, Wow! You are so kind to have taken the time to write so many great tips. I have never done a booth. I wan't so much to. I don't know why, I have such a hard time finding a location. I have spent so much time trying to find anything in our county. I am feeling a bit down trying so hard to get bookings and move forward to make my business the way I wan't it to be. You just made me realize that if I can get my name out there doing booths, cooking shows will follow. At the very least, increase my sales. You would think that with the holidays approaching there would be more opportunities to do a booth. You have really inspired me. Thank you :chef:

Glad that I could help Lisa! :DYes, getting your name out there is definitely the key. I also have the PC Logo on the back of my car AND the back of hubby's car. I also keep catalogs in his car for him to hand out when someone approaches him about the logo on the back window.I've had people talk to me at booths & mention seeing my car driving around base. But so far, I've only had one person come up to me at my car asking for a catalog. Before she walked away, she decided to just go ahead & host a catalog show. ;)Advertising DOES work.

Thanks Sheila! I wish there was a write in on the ballot for most helpful CS member. I have gotten a lot out of this site in the past few months but I seem to get the most out of what you say. :) You're always answering the question I happen to have right then, I was just signing on to look up ideas for a booth that I'm doing Sat, my first one.
Now I've got to get cracking on making my board, wicked cute pic btw!!

Wow Sheila.....awesome advice! Specific, practical and most importantly, possible! LOL

Thanks for sharing! Great, Great post!

hearts.gif
Awe, thanks!
hearts.gif

I'm always happy to help! :D

Seriously LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you so much for ALL of your help. I just printed it out and am going to sit down with a big cup of coffee and start planning!!!! Perhaps by the end I will have some confidence! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

You are very welcome. If you can, please take some photos and share afterward. I even took my camera last time & still forgot to take photos. I'll try to work on that this month. The booth this Saturday is only 30 vendors & we are only allowed 1 table. So it will be cramped. The 3rd & 4th Saturday I should have 2 tables again.

I certainly will! Do you have any other pics of the board? Could you give me a little more detail on what the cards look like that you use? Thank you for being such a big help!

Sheila said:
...Sorry, this is the only photo I have of one of my boards! LOL It was stoneware month. The ones matted in green are 30% off. All the other (glazed) stoneware that was not on the guest special is matted in black & is 10% off....

I'm thinking of keeping it general and keeping the specials off the board. Just general info about the products and warranties, etc.
I want to run a special for just that day but I'm going to make a second smaller display just for that.

I tried to attach the excel file that I used to print the "cards" for the board, but I keep getting an error message. I think I pulled off the Stoneware cards & re-used that display board. I still have the Simple Additions board, but it's not as fancy. I procrastinated & was in a hurry! On the Stoneware board, I actually matted the white "cards" on black or green construction paper (like the PC logo is matted). For SA month, I printed a yellow background with the card & cut around it. Not as fancy, but it did help it stand out a little. Here are some photos of that board with a closeup of one of the cards.
DSC03299.jpg

DSC03300.jpg

DSC03302.jpg

DSC03301.jpg

I usually offer free shipping if I can deliver it. If not, I give them $4.25 off the direct shipping TODAY ONLY at the booth. We also have a sign that says if you book a show that day and hold it on the original date, your name will be entered into a drawing for the Large Bamboo Platter (right now). I got this the last time it was on sale for 60% off. I also have Recruiting Packets. I have old catalogs with the "This catalog may be old" poem on the front. The last line says "Contact me by next Saturday and place an order and get 10% off and free shipping"! Sad thing is, I have never had anyone do that that has taken a catalog! I don't offer them one unless they really tell me they want to look at one to place an order. If they place an order at the booth, I give them a new catalog to take home. I use 3 tables in a U-shape. The center table has a product display... Right now, I have the DCB on a Stackable Cooling Rack with the lid opened and at an angle from the DCB and touching the table. I put the "DCB Deal" flyer and the DCB tri-fold recipe brochure from here inside plus the Digital Thermometer and Weekday Dinners Done Recipe Cards inside it. I put the Ice Bucket in the center and a small wood box with some of the spices stacked on it. Right now I am displaying the Snowmen Platter and Plates, Beader Server, several of the cookbooks (29 Minutes to Dinner, Vols 1 & 2, Festive Holiday Desserts, All the Best). On the left-hand table, I put a binder with a catalog inside in sheet protectors, the Tool-Turn About full of tools, and the Pampered Sets brochure. On the right-hand table, I put the old catalogs, order forms, another binder with catalog inside, and the Bamboo Platter with the flyer that talks about the drawing. The Christmas Vendor Showcase I am doing on Saturday requires something that will have door prize slips in it and we are required to draw for a $25 prize. I am giving a gift certificate. I have donated 4 $20 gift certificates since September and 3 of the 4 winners spent more than the certificate was worth! :) Normally I give away a "free show" and everyone is a winner! Free Shows are where you purchase all the ingredients for the Host's Show.I also order the recipe cards from the supply order. You get 25/$1 and it is a great investment. People throw away business cards (and sometimes catalogs) but will usually keep a recipe card. I put all my contact info on a labels (1 x 2-5/8) on the "empty corner" and pass them out to EVERYONE I talk to who stops by the booth. I have 500 for this weekend. I hope that is enough!

Re: Lost with a Booth! Round table!I have my first booth for a holiday bazaar this weekend everything I have read here has been a great help. But I just found out the tables are round!! I am in front of where the kids will be waiting for their Santa pictures, but am nervous about people coming at me from all angles. The tables will be set up as if they were in a traditional wedding reception manner, so I guess people will mill around or go up and down the "aisles".

Should I still create the tablescape as if it was against a wall, i.e. looking at everything from one way or create things to look at from every angle?

thanks!!

If your table is on the outside edge, then just angle the products for 3 sides. If people will be walking all the way around, then do all 4 sides. Maybe taller stuff in the middle & then shorter stuff on the edges.I see that you are brand new, so you probably don't have all the serving stuff to accomplish this, but if you can borrow enough stuff, you could consider doing a 4, 6 or 8 piece place setting with the 3 tiered stand & serving dishes in the middle. Kind of like you are setting the table for dinner with Placemats, napkins, etc. You wouldn't have the food, but it would still show off all the Simple Additions stuff and probably be a very attractive display! :D

Sheila, you rock. Fantastic idea!

I'm new at this too, but my booth is December 19th so it's after the Christmas deadline. I'm thinking of offering free shipping to local orders like I've seen others have done, but will that be enticing if they can't get it by Christmas? Somewhere I saw that orders can be made until the 23rd online, just with extra shipping. Any ideas?

j&K'smom, Unless you have cash & carry items, I would recommend that 1) you concentrate on Jan & Feb bookings vs. sales and 2) you concentrate on recruiting! Push the "give yourself a holdiay gift" slogan - they can even ask their friends/family for money to start their new business in lieu of other gifts! :D

ETA: Put your new consultant kit on the table & show them what they can get for their investment! :D

Thanks Sheila. I will be able to borrow items from friends to display. I am planning on giving a $25 gift certificate away as a door prize also. My director discouraged cash $ carry items. We live in a pretty depressed area, so she didn't want me to put much money out for this. Honestly if I get even a few bookings, I will be happy!

How were you able to copy the Pampered Chef logo?

It's just a printout on a piece of paper, matted on black, matted on white & matted on black again. Here's a good copy that you can print at that size:

Attachments

• Logo no background.jpg
    Logo no background.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 783
Thanks soooo much!! I was dreaming @ booths last night!

It's 2:16 AM and my booth starts in 8 hours!!! I haven't even gone to bed yet!!! LOLCamera. I need to go pack my camera! ;)

Thank you for all these comments!

Sheila, do you have the stoneware file made up again for this month (for your tri-fold board), and would you be willing to share it with us?

My thumb drive is missing! I think the baby found it on the table. That's where ALL of my files PC files are!!! :cry: But it seems like I posted either the stoneware or the Simple Additions one in a thread somewhere here in a booth thread on CS. It's an excel file. ;)

OK, thanks anyway and sorry about the thumb drive. I have my own angels that "help" me organize!! I know you had some pictures posted in some December threads, but I haven't found any files yet...I will keep looking. I am doing a booth this weekend with another consultant and I had planned to use the booking coupons on my tri-fold board, when I remembered your pictures of each item and it's sale price. I know that you offer an additional 10% off, but I'm not sure the other girl is in a position to do that and I don't want to be in competition. If I was doing it alone, I think I would offer it this month.

Hey yall! I am new on here and I just so happen to be doing a booth at a kids consignment event next month and it is actually a week long. This has given me so many ideas. I have never thought about getting a tri-fold to put up. That makes lots of since for the height and displaying specials and benefits. Great ideas!

My husband and I make and sell jewelry at a bunch of different shows, and were talking about setting up a PC booth at a few. I'm really glad I found this board, because I've gotten so many great ideas. I'm looking forward to doing our first booth now!

1. Where do I start?

The first step to maximizing success at a kids consignment event is to do your research. Find out the event's target audience, their expectations, and the layout of the event. This will help you plan your booth and products accordingly.

2. How should I set up my table?

When setting up your table, it is important to create an eye-catching display that will attract potential customers. Use a mix of different heights, colors, and textures to make your booth stand out. Organize your items in a visually appealing way and make sure to leave enough space for customers to browse comfortably.

3. What should I bring to the show?

Aside from your products, it is important to bring business cards, flyers, and other promotional materials to hand out to potential customers. You may also want to bring a tablecloth, signage, and extra supplies such as bags and tissue paper for packaging purchases.

4. Should I hand out items?

Handing out samples or small items can be a great way to attract customers and create a positive impression of your brand. However, make sure to only hand out items that are relevant to your business and target audience. You don't want to waste resources on people who are not interested in your products.

5. Should I have a raffle?

Having a raffle can be a good way to generate interest and excitement around your booth. However, make sure to follow the event's rules and regulations regarding raffles. Also, consider offering a prize that is relevant to your business to attract potential customers who are interested in your products.

6. Should I offer cash and carry?

Offering cash and carry options can be beneficial for both you and your customers. It allows customers to take home their purchases immediately and can increase your sales. However, make sure to have enough change and a secure way to store your cash.

7. What should my main goal be?

Your main goal at a kids consignment event should be to promote your business and generate sales. However, it is also important to focus on networking and building relationships with potential customers and other vendors. This can lead to future bookings and collaborations.

8. Any additional tips?

Make sure to engage with customers and be approachable. Offer a friendly smile and be willing to answer any questions they may have about your products or business. Also, don't be afraid to get creative and try new things to make your booth stand out from the rest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • pamperedcary