• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Losing My Job: The Struggle to Make Ends Meet with a Failing PC Business

In summary, Danielle was let go from her government job due to budget constraints. She has been struggling to find a new job and has had poor success. She is optimistic, though, and is looking forward to the future.
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
I have been a government employee (county level) for 7 1/2 years and I walked into work yesterday and they asked to see me in the conference room. I saw who was in there and thought, "Oh No - This can't be good." They said my position was eliminated due to a reduction in workforce due to the budget contraints. I was devastated. I have to go back tomorrow to clean out my desk because it was too much to handle yesterday.

But you think, "But she has her PC business". It's not that easy.

This area has been hit tremendously hard with businesses closing down left and right. My PC business is all but non-existant. I am hosting my own show Sunday night hoping for some shows and sales. I also have a Farmer's Market booth every Saturday morning. I am trying but everyone says that no one has the extra money for PC products right now. I am always telling them, "Everyone always NEEDS something. I know there is a lot they WANT but I am all about what is an essential NEED in the kitchen today."

Thanks for reading and please lift up a prayer for me to find another job soon because my children take medication every day and my medical benefits run out the end of Setember. God bless you for thinking of me.

Instead of telling people that people NEED kitchen tools....take a different spin:

Cooking shows are where it's at right now. What I focus on is teaching people how to put a meal on the table in 20 minutes for about $1.50/serving. It's what a lot of people are really looking into to get tips since budget constraints make meal time and preparation a stressful event and I help eliminate that stress.

Something like that expresses that you are wanting to HELP rather than sell people on tools that we think they need. Does this make sense? Of course, sales ALWAYS happen :thumbup:

I am so sorry to hear that! Best of luck on finding a new job. Unemployment is high everywhere. Keep positive and apply somewhere every day!

So sorry to hread this, thoughts and prayers coming your way!

praying for you...

I'm so very sorry. Prayers said.

Prayers going your way! We are in the same situation with heathcare, husband and child with medical issues! Hang in there!! Things will work out, Have Faith! :)

Thanks everyone for your prayers. I have been feeling them. God has been giving me direction through friends and family. I think I know what my plan of action will be. Keep praying that I make the right decision.

Keep in mind, God never closes a window that he doesn't open a door to something better. :)

OH, I am soo sorry to hear this Danielle. Best of luck to what ever you decide to do.

Prayers have been said! Have Faith!!!!

Just to keep you updated. I had a New Product Open House last night. It went pretty well. I got orders and 3 bookings! God is good!

Continuing to Pray for you Danielle - stay strong!

DessertDivaFL said:
Just to keep you updated. I had a New Product Open House last night. It went pretty well. I got orders and 3 bookings! God is good!

That is great to hear.

Wahoo!!!! Wonderful news Danielle!!

Good news! Congrats! :)

Great news Danielle. Yes, God is good. He answers prayers. My husband after one year, just got a job a small family business. The owner said, "God told me I needed to higher you." What a statement.

lockhartkitchen said:
Great news Danielle. Yes, God is good. He answers prayers. My husband after one year, just got a job a small family business. The owner said, "God told me I needed to higher you." What a statement.

That is amazing, Julie. I know God has something in His plan; I hope I am patient enough to let His will happen and not mine.

Update: I now have 5 bookings for September/October. Wahoo!

So excited for you. This may just be the push you needed.
God doesn't answer prayers in our ways, but in His ways!!!!!

Sorry to hear about this Danielle. And I too will keep praying for you. I know all to well about his and not to put a damper on your thoughts, I am in my 9 month of unemployment. However, I keep trying and I keep going. My PC is not so hot either right now but I think that will change. I keep doing stuff around my house to make improvements and I even took a small job driving a pick up to West Virginia! It was really fun and I made a few bucks. I am working on getting back into school as I found the major problem with me right now is 23 years of experience and HR departments that are so rigid that they will take on someone with less than 5 years of experience with an Associate Degree over someone with experience like mine. OH WELL! I gotta fix that!

lockhartkitchen said:

Julie, the word is "hire"; but, in this context, your use just seems more appropriate!:D

1. What is "Lost My Job Yesterday"?

"Lost My Job Yesterday" is a new product from Pampered Chef that is designed to help those who have recently lost their job to cook delicious and budget-friendly meals at home.

2. How can "Lost My Job Yesterday" help me?

This product provides recipes, tips, and tools to help you save money and still enjoy tasty meals while you are in between jobs. It also offers support and resources to help you bounce back from job loss.

3. What type of recipes are included in "Lost My Job Yesterday"?

The recipes in this product are designed to be affordable, easy to make, and use common pantry staples. They range from simple breakfast ideas to hearty dinner options.

4. Do I need any special equipment to use "Lost My Job Yesterday"?

No, the recipes in this product can be made with basic kitchen equipment that most people already have. However, there are also helpful tools available for purchase if desired.

5. Is "Lost My Job Yesterday" only for those who have recently lost their job?

No, this product can be beneficial for anyone looking to save money on groceries and cook delicious meals on a budget. It also offers valuable resources for those currently unemployed or seeking new employment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1995tucker
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • topchef.heather
  • General Chat
Replies