• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facing a Directorship Loss: What Comes Next?

In summary, Lisa's director lost her directorship, and she is now under HER director. Lisa is one recruit away from promoting, and she has 50 or so points to go before she earns her cruise.
lisamommy
My director lost her directorship. I think. She hasn't said anything officially. I know that November was very close. She needed to hit 4000 in order to keep it. I feel really bad. I did about 1300 and this is only my third ss month. I feel like the only one in the cluster. I also feel alone in all this. I know she's concentrating on keeping her directorship, but I really could use a phone call every now and then.
Does anyone know what happens next? After you don't qualify for the re-promote? How long do you have to wait to get directorship back?
Thanks
Lisa

If your director lost her directorship, you would then be right under HER director. I believe that you'll always be under her from now on. You don't have to wait a certain amount of time to re-promote to director, but she'll need to have five new, personally qualified qualified recruits, if I'm not mistaken. ONe thing that hopefully someone on here can clarify, is I BELIEVE she would need to have three consecutive months go by where she does not meet the qualifications needed to maintain directorship - for those of you familiar with this, is this right? (and the $4000 in cluster sales is just one of them). Her sales count in that $4000 too, so she may still have achieved that. I guess wait and she what she tells you and if you have questions, you can always ask your upline director.

From what I understand, if you do not meet the director requirements in terms of sales and/or recruits, you are put into "relinquishment". You then have 3 months to get everything back in order... if you do not you lose your downline.

So in your case, if her 3 months has passed, then you will permanently be under your director's director.

Ginger and Beth can probably confirm this... but I believe that is correct. I am one recruit away from promoting... so I have definitely been trying to learn all the "rules". I don't ever want to lose directorship once I am there.

Lisa,

Hello! I just wanted to let you know that it is not your responsibilty to keep your director a director! You shouldn't feel bad about $1300 in sales, that is awesome for your third month! You earned your SS! WAY TO GO!!

But the posts above are correct as far as relinquishment and the $4000 in sales including her sales. Is your director a new director? I for example just promoted in October. When you first promote you have a training period of 3 months where you don't have to meet director requirements. Then you have a 3 month relinquishment period anytime after that if you don't meet the requirements. If you go into relinquishment and meet the $4000 quota, but you don't have 5 in your downline then you are still in relinquishment. You have to have sales of $4000 and have 5 in your downline at all times!

Hope this helps!

Thanks for all the above clarification. And Marlene IS right, it's not your responsibility about your director, so don't feel badly.

The above information helps clarify it for me too because as of today I am now a Director!! Woo hoo. I haven't gotten the official call from the home office, so I'm waiting for that to make it all official. That'll happen, right? For all of you who are directors, when do they usually make "the call?" I'm hoping it's soon because I want this to be confirmed for me! :D

Way to go!!Becky,

YIPPPEEE!!! Congratulations! :D

Did you earn your trip?

Yes you will get the call. You have to accept Directorship before you actually are a Director. I didn't receive my call until October 5th but my promotion was October 1st!

So we will be walking together!! We need to make sure and say hey! :cool:

How long have you been with the PC? I noticed our consultant #s are close. I started in January 2003. Almost been 3 years! Hard to believe it has been that long!

Last edited:
Thanks!!! :D I started March of 2003, so we are pretty close. Including the points I'll get for promoting, I only have 50 or so more points to go!! And I still have a few catalog shows open AND two kitchen shows in December, so I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that I'll earn the cruise. Woo hoo!!!

Yes, we'll have to find each other and say hiat Leadership for our "walk." I saw your name in the KCN. Congrats!!!

pamperedbecky said:
Thanks!!! :D I started March of 2003, so we are pretty close. Including the points I'll get for promoting, I only have 50 or so more points to go!! And I still have a few catalog shows open AND two kitchen shows in December, so I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that I'll earn the cruise. Woo hoo!!!

Yes, we'll have to find each other and say hiat Leadership for our "walk." I saw your name in the KCN. Congrats!!!
CONGRATULATIONS on promoting!! WOO!! HOO!! Can't wait to watch for you walking across the stage!

I'm waiting for my call too. My director told me that they usually call between the 5th and 8th of the month. I am so excited! I'm sure we will all be waiting by the phone.

Congratulations Shana!! That's awesome! Are you going to Leadership? We'll be happy campers when we get that phone call. This is very exciting!

I don't think I am going to be able to go to leadership :( I have just done too much traveling in the last couple of months. I'm not even sure if I will be going to conference... kinda depends if I get my cruise or not. Just $1400 to go... and I still have 4 shows and 2 catalogs. Congrats.. and wave extra for me when you cross the stage

Congratulations to both of you!!! WTG!! :D

Hey Becky I got my call! Did you get yours yet? I am still dancing around my house in excitement. Looks like I am cruising too. Maybe I'll see you.

Hi Shana!
YES!!! I got my call yesterday. Woo hoooooo!!!! I also have earned my cruise. I'm very excited and still in shock. I never got into this thinking I'd want to become a Director, but once I saw all the benefits this job has brought me (mostly personally and along the lines of being a huge confidence builder), I wanted others to experience the same thing.

Sorry you're not coming to Leadership. But, yes, maybe we'll be on the same cruise! :) I suppose I can change my signature now. :D

Isn't that exciting... I changed my voice mail as soon as I got off the phone with HO. YIPPEEE to us!!!

1. What steps should I take after facing a directorship loss?

After facing a directorship loss, it is important to take some time to reflect and process your emotions. It may also be helpful to seek support from friends, family, or a therapist. Once you feel ready, you can start exploring new opportunities and networking to find a new directorship role.

2. How can I update my resume and cover letter to reflect my directorship loss?

When updating your resume and cover letter, it is important to be honest about your directorship loss. You can mention it briefly and focus on the skills and experience you gained during your time as a director. Additionally, consider highlighting any projects or achievements that you are proud of during your directorship.

3. Should I be worried about how a directorship loss will look to potential employers?

It is natural to feel concerned about how a directorship loss will appear to potential employers. However, it is important to remember that many successful professionals have experienced a loss or setback in their career. Be prepared to explain the circumstances of your loss and emphasize what you have learned from the experience.

4. How can I stay positive and motivated during my job search after a directorship loss?

It can be challenging to stay positive and motivated during a job search, especially after experiencing a loss. One way to stay positive is to focus on your strengths and accomplishments. You can also set small, achievable goals for yourself and celebrate each milestone. Additionally, surround yourself with supportive and encouraging people.

5. Are there any resources or support groups for individuals who have faced a directorship loss?

Yes, there are various resources and support groups available for individuals who have experienced a directorship loss. These can include online forums, networking groups, and career coaching services. It may also be helpful to connect with others who have gone through a similar experience and can offer advice and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Liquid Sky
  • sfdavis918
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • chefkugler
  • General Chat
Replies