• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lost 2 Checks from Friends at Church? Here's What to Do - Tips & Advice

I just made a deposit today and doubled check there. No, the checks were not there.I would also ask for a second check and have them put a stop payment on the first, offering to cover any add'l expense.A small gift is a nice thought to add to their order.If I were you, I'd just let them know and have them cancel the checks (maybe you can offer to pay any fee, which would probably be less
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
I lost 2 checks that were attached together from friends at church. I have looked everywhere. It makes me so ill. I have never done this. I am usually so careful. I told them if the checks are not found that they don't need to pay me again. That is the least I could do. The total was $50 for both checks. Has this happened to anyone else? How did you handle it?

Recently lost the paper I'd written a cc down on. Really didn't want to call the lady again b/c she was short with me on the phone the first time. I knew I had it but had looked everywhere. Called her and appologized for having to get it again & offered her a free item for the inconvience. I gave her a choice of twixit clips, quickut knives, mini server, and so on. She seemed very grateful for the freebie. Of course I submitted the show 2 days ago and found the cc info. yesterday--too bad I didn't find it before I had to call her again. :)

They'll turn up. Usually when I'm freaking out about something is when I can be looking right at it and not see it. Take a deep breath, walk away for a while and then look again.

Hope you find them.

Look under stuff. My dryer is in the kitchen and I had a check blow off the island. My DH looked under all appliances and it was under the dryer. Go figure!

I think it is kind that you told them they dont need to pay again. I would have gotten another check from them, advised them to put a hold on the checks at their banks, and stuck a surprise item in with their order for the inconvenience. But $50 is a lot of money to just fork over for an honest mistake. Besides, if it was written to you--no one else should be able to cash it. A blank check----totally different issue........

Are you sure you lost them or did you accidently deposit them? That happened to me last fall...

chefsteph07 said:
Are you sure you lost them or did you accidently deposit them? That happened to me last fall...

I just made a deposit today and doubled check there. No, the checks were not there.

I would also ask for a second check and have them put a stop payment on the first, offering to cover any add'l expense. A small gift is a nice thought to add to their order.

I don't know what your relationship with these people at church are, but I feel alot more comfortable admitting mistakes to my church customers than "stranger" customers. If I were you, I'd just let them know and have them cancel the checks (maybe you can offer to pay any fee, which would probably be less than the $50) and then get new checks from them.

I just had to tell a host (a church and long time family friend) that i couldn't use her credit card because I accidentally submitted the show before putting in her CC info. There was a slight hang up on her host order because she gave me a list of items (I just wrote them down, didn't have my computer with me) and told me it should come out to exactly her FPV but it turns out she miscalculated and it was more. So I put in a "not paid yet" payment and so it didn't alert me when I went to submit it. She totally understood and is getting me a check this week!

That stinks hopefully it will turn up. I could see eating the $50 before offering to pay the stop payment fee, my bank charges $35 a piece for each stop payment, so it would cost her more to pay two stop payment fees than just cover the $50. But hopefully they will show up!

PCMomto4 said:
That stinks hopefully it will turn up. I could see eating the $50 before offering to pay the stop payment fee, my bank charges $35 a piece for each stop payment, so it would cost her more to pay two stop payment fees than just cover the $50. But hopefully they will show up!

That is why I offered them the free products because the stop payment charge would either be the same or a little more.

OK, update on the missing checks. They were found! I left them in the sound booth at church. Our praise and worship pastor found them and gave them to me last Friday. I baked him a pan of brownies as a "thank you". My friends were very happy too! All is well and God is good!

All the time. :) Glad they were found.

sort of realted- I had checks for one of the organizations I work with- a person with an outstanding check contacted me asking why it hadn't gone through-- I prayed - dear God if I have messed this up- please show me where I put them!!! the next morning- had to get a flat tire fixed, it had a nail in it- but when I pulled the tire warranty info out of my glovebox- ta dah! there were the missing checks!! Yes checks, I had 10 total, sitting there- makes me wonder, why the 9 hadn't asked.... lol.... I apologized profusley because well that had been in there for 2 months! YIKES! thankfull they all understood..... so now I'm frantically praying to find my debit card. oh yeah- its MIA. I have two young ones who like to rummage through my purse when I'm not looking.

I lost a check back in February and it was my fault because I know I had it. It was just under $40 I think - betwen $30-40. I just covered it. i was NOT going to call this woman and tell her I lost her check. To cancel a check the bank charges something like $20-30. Wasn't worth it to either one of us. Hopefully I'll be doing another show she is at and she will say something about it. There is always the possability that I deposited it but I am 95% sure that didn't happen.

My Hosp. Director had a close to $2000 show, about $1200 were paid in checks...she lost the entire envelope of payments! I felt so bad for her, she was freaking out trying to find them...I never did find out if she found them...I'll have to give her a call in the morning and see!

DessertDivaFL said:
All is well and God is good!

AMEN! Sometimes I think God gets a chuckle watching us panic over things, when He's got everything under control anyway. We should trust Him more!

Glad everything worked out.

A few months ago, I was counting out my deposit for a show I had going in and found I was missing one check for about $80. I called the host and let her know and the host said she was sure the guest gave me payment. I rummaged through everything and still couldnt find it, I decided to call the guest and let her know. That guest was SO nasty to me, telling me that she did pay me, she couldn't believe I didn't have the check, etc. I asked her if she could check w/ her bank to see if it had been cashed, she gave me the hardest time about it, but finally did it and told me it had been cashed etc. After checking on it, I discovered that I accidently deposited her check w/ some other deposits that were going in. It was a total mistake, but the guest cancelled her entire order telling me how unprofessional I am! I felt like the lowest form of scum, but then I got mad about it thinking what an honest mistake that was and I'd NEVER treat someone like that who called me profusely apologizing and just wanting to verify if the check had been cashed or not.

Glad you found everything and it all worked out for you!

What should I do if I lost 2 checks?

If you have lost 2 checks, the first thing you should do is contact your bank or the issuer of the checks. Let them know about the situation and ask for their advice on how to proceed.

Will I be able to get replacements for the lost checks?

Most banks and check issuers have policies in place for lost or stolen checks. They will usually be able to issue replacements for the lost checks, but there may be a fee involved.

Can someone else cash my lost checks?

If your lost checks fall into the wrong hands, there is a possibility that someone else may try to cash them. This is why it is important to contact your bank or the issuer of the checks as soon as you realize they are missing.

Will I be liable for any unauthorized transactions made with my lost checks?

If someone else cashes your lost checks, you may be held liable for the unauthorized transactions. However, if you report the lost checks to your bank or the issuer before any unauthorized transactions occur, you may not be held responsible.

How can I prevent this from happening again in the future?

To avoid losing checks in the future, it is important to keep them in a safe and secure place. You may also want to consider using online banking or digital payment methods instead of physical checks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • PCJen
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
  • wadesgirl