• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Losing Weight and Healthy Eating Group

In summary, people are discussing their eating habits and how they've been able to maintain or lose weight. One person has been successful with a weekly diet break, another has been successful with Weight Watchers, and one person has dropped 6 pounds in a month by following a regular breakfast, limiting carbs, and avoiding weighing themselves more than once per month.
DebPC
Staff member
I want to lose 10lbs and firm up before shorts weather here in Wi. Any others want to join me? We can encourage, support and motivate each other. I did great last week, then bad meals on Sat. night and Easter dinner. Today I plan to stay on track.
Who's with me???

I don't know if I ever mentioned my eating plan to you Deb. It sounds like what you did this last weekend!
I take a diet break once a week. I call it "FATURDAY". I found out the hard way I can not live without some of my favorites foods. I simply LOVE pasta and bread. Can't help it. So one day a weekend, depending on holidays and or visits to mom's or out with friends, I cheat one day a week. Believe me when I say I works. Mentally I can watch my intake all week knowing I get to splurge soon. Also, I found that by limiting my intake all week, those "Faturday" binges are really not all that much of a binge! I eat way less than I would have if I had not been trying. Of course that is how you end up weighing in at 438 pounds without realizing it! And as of yesterday, and I still find it hard to believe, I have gone from a size 58 pants to a 50, NEED TONING, A size 5 XLT to a 2XLT shirt. I also went down from a size 12 to a size 11 shoe! My leg does not swell up as bad as it used to. In fact, I can go several days without wrapping it up with the compression bandages. AND I LOVE GETTING UP AND GOING!! I do not ache as much and well, it just feels great.
So from 438 to 312 and with only 72 pounds to go - I have not been that close in 32 years people!!! I will join in too as I am at that dreaded plateau and need a shove. Yes the FATURDAYS are every three weeks right now so...

Im with you Deb. I have been doing Weight Watchers since Jan and have lost 17 lbs. It is so hard! I love sweets and need to pull my sweet tooth! Since i have found out i can use my DCB in the microwave i have been making sweets like crazy! I swear that things has me processed! LOL rania

John- that is awesome! You looked great when I saw you at the last meeting! I too have found out, that I have to have treats here and there. Just not after every meal! I've also mastered the guilt with eating badly occasionally. It makes it much easier to go right back to eating healthy again.
Rania- I love sweets! The first 2 days off of them are a little crazy. But then I seem to gain much more control. It's also much easier, since my kids are gone, not near as many temptations in the house.So here'' to a good eating day for us all!!!

Good to know.

spices for losing weight2_176711068_n.jpg

zero calorie foodsCapture.JPG

Can we add Ice Cream to that list? It don't take up no room in my tummy! No one will ever know cause I ain't tellin!

Well, I have been sticking to eating better and I think I finally broke through! I weighed myself yesterday and dropped another 6 pounds!!! I have been eating a rather regular breakfast - found eggs to be a good choice because the proteins keep me feeling full longer. I use fresh fruit, love pears and Golden Delicious Apples combined with a whole wheat cracker, like Wheat Thins or Trisciuts for lunch. I am limiting my intake of carbs as well. Seems to have done the trick. So how and what is everyone else doing?

That's great John! Good for you! I have been out of town for 10 days- eating in restaurants.... I am getting on the scale tomorrow. I would be happy with staying even- but we'll see. Today I'm back to healthier eating. If the weather would break- I have a ton of gardening to do and that would help, too.

I know Deb. I think too that is why I had a hard time breaking the cycle. With last spring we had some wonderful weather very much all spring and it was easy to stay outside and work, work, work and not only that, I know for a fact that when the weather is not so nice, I have a tendency to sit in the kitchen and munch! So this weather has to break soon! There is also something I do. I do NOT get on the scale more than once a month. I let my clothes do the talking. I ave thus far dropped from a 58 waist to a 48 and I have gone from a size 5XLT to a 2XLT! In fact, I may have to drop the "T". Most of them are too long now!!!

Ok- I only gained 1lb. I've been good since Saturday. I usually weigh myself every week. I agree with you, not to weigh too often. It's normal to go up and down a bit. So proud of you!!! Keep it up!

Ok- I only gained 1lb. I've been good since Saturday. I usually weigh myself every week. I agree with you, not to weigh too often. It's normal to go up and down a bit. So proud of you!!! Keep it up! Rania how are you doing?

Some good stuff.

weight loss comandmentsdfb806.jpg

I want tangerines.

fat vs muscle.jpg

Hey, is this happening still? Cause I would LOVE to join in. We (my hubby and I) both gained weight during our move over the last six weeks or so. He is military, so we move every three years. This move has been more trouble than any before. I finally just got internet a couple days ago. You would think moving to the northeast and living just outside a city would make life fairly easy in the getting utilities and things set up - well, at least that is what I thought, but I was wrong. Finally getting settled and trying to get back to a normal life/schedule. Also, trying to restart my business and know I need to start eating better if I want to have the energy I need over the next few months for some planned trips and being a single parent while he is away for most of June and July. I am in if you'll have me!

By the way, today I feel like a really big bag of grapefruit! :grumpy:

Glad to have you Sharon! This is just a casual supportive group. Anyone is welcome anytime. Chime in when you feel like it. Moving can be so stressful. Identifying the cause is the first step. I give myself internal pats on the back when I make the right choices. And when I don't- I admit it and tell myself I'll do better next time. My first step was to conscious of my choices.

Bob Harpers Skinny RulesGood advice although I can't go to bed hungry.

Skinny Rules by Bob Harper981776_n.jpg

I've just been to the gym. They've installed an impressive new machine. Unfortunately, I could only use it for half an hour, as I started to feel sick. It's a great machine though, because it provides me with everything I need: Kit Kat, Mars Bar, Snickers, Milky Way, Doritos, potato chips…

When attempting to lose weight it's very important to keep your sense of humor :)

I was watching Dr. Oz the other day and I was right about my eggs in the a.m.! According to all the dietary info we as Americans do NOT eat enough proteins per day. 75 grams is what we should be getting. BUT and this is a biggy, NOT ALL AT ONE MEAL! It needs to be split, 25 grams per meal. Otherwise our bodies can overdose on it. Proteins and slow release carbs are keys to keeping the "feed me" impulse down. Now I need to see if I can find the info about what and how much of each thing to eat to get to that 25 grams. I am not totally sure on this but I could have sworn he said 1 cup of cottage cheese equals 25 grams of protein. Not only that but it has just enough fat and the right kind of carbs to make it healthy. But 1 cup? That seems like an awful lot. I will see what I can find and post the info.

Just saw this, WAY TO GO JOHN! :D

And my Grandfather used to say "Ice cream will freeze the fat off of you." I tried the theory, multiple times. I find it freezes the fat in place. :cry:

Disclaimer: My Grandfather also had a quadruple heart bypass, then died due to heart failure ... so I don't put a lot of weight into his theory. :rolleyes:

Darn Sheila! I was hoping your grandfather was right!

I've been working hard for years to eat right and exercise. I'm diabetic, so it's especially important. (I like my toes, and those are usually the first things to go.) February of 2012 I went to a new doctor. He diagnosed some issues I'd been having and adjusted my meds. I've lost just over 50 pounds since then, 40 of it in 2 quick bursts. I'm still gradually losing, but it's slowed way down. For a long time I would respond to positive comments about my weight loss as though I didn't have anything to do with it. After all, in my head it was mostly from the med adjustments. Then, my son pointed out that if I hadn't been eating right (with some dietician-directed changes) and exercising the medications alone wouldn't have taken off the weight. So, I've embraced the weight loss. To be honest, though, yesterday and today I've felt like bottomless pit of hunger. I'm craving simple carbs like you wouldn't believe. It's probably hormonal. Hard to tell, since I had a hysterectomy in 2007.

We all slip up for days or even weeks (we're human)- don't get down on yourself- just keep persevering. It's the long run that counts. Big congrats on your long term commitment to healthier eating!

Thankfully, I keep a fairly healthy kitchen, so simple carbs are difficult to come by. That's kept me mostly on the straight and narrow. However, I'd knock down a little old lady right now if she stood between me and a Snickers bar.:cool:

Makes so much sense.
eating healthy.jpg

Yes, it does. I was just interviewed for a podcast about making small changes. One thing that came to my mind was snowflakes. Snowflakes are inconsequential. Like one small change, it doesn't make much difference. However, pile up enough snowflakes, and you can bring New York City to a halt. Pile up enough small changes, and you create a healthy lifestyle.

Love this.
Fitness58718_1668765593_n.jpg

1. What are some healthy substitutes for high-calorie ingredients?

There are many healthy substitutes for high-calorie ingredients. For example, instead of using butter, you can use applesauce or mashed avocado in baking. Instead of using white pasta, you can use whole wheat pasta or zucchini noodles. And instead of using sugar, you can use natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup.

2. Is it necessary to count calories to lose weight?

Counting calories can be helpful for some people, but it is not necessary to lose weight. Instead, focus on eating a balanced diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Listen to your body's hunger and fullness cues and make sure to incorporate regular exercise into your routine.

3. Can I still enjoy my favorite foods while trying to lose weight?

Absolutely! It's important to have a balanced and sustainable approach to weight loss. You can still enjoy your favorite foods in moderation, but try to make healthier versions or smaller portion sizes. It's all about finding a balance and making healthy choices most of the time.

4. What are some easy meal prep ideas for healthy eating?

Meal prep can be a great way to stay on track with healthy eating. Some easy ideas include making overnight oats for breakfast, prepping a big batch of roasted vegetables for easy lunches or dinners, and pre-portioning snacks like fruits, nuts, and yogurt. Also, try making extra servings at dinner to have for leftovers the next day.

5. How can I stay motivated to make healthy choices?

Staying motivated can be challenging, but it's important to remember your why. Why do you want to make healthy choices? Maybe it's to have more energy, improve your overall health, or feel more confident. Set realistic goals, track your progress, and find a support system to help keep you accountable. And remember to celebrate small victories along the way!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PattieChef21
  • lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef