• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubles with Sales? Learn How to Bounce Back and Keep Your Business Afloat

not be in this situation now if she had ordered something prior to July 25th.Many of you are aware of our continuing financial troubles. So, PC went to debit my account for my PWS and it didn't go through because we don't keep money in that account because it has been levied. I had updated my new account info on CC so I had no idea they were trying to debit my old card. UGH! So... I get a letter on July 25th informing me of the problem. PC put my debit card on hold and took down my website temporarily. I called to pay by credit card but it wouldn't go through, even though I
AJPratt
Silver Member
So, I am not sure where to begin. Many of you are aware of our continuing financial troubles. Well, PC went to debit my account for my PWS and it didn't go through because we don't keep money in that account because it has been levied. I had updated my new account info on CC so I had no idea they were trying to debit my old card. UGH! So... I get a letter on July 25th informing me of the problem. PC put my debit card on hold and took down my website temporarily. I called to pay by credit card but it wouldn't go through, even though I had enough money in the account. I called the bank and they are not sure why it didn't go through. So... I sent in a $96 money order to get it up and running because I have a show going on. I had no way to submit the orders I have here. And it didn't occur to me that I was only about $10 away from the $150 to keep me active in July. I had no sales in June, so that means 2 months in a row under $150 so I have lost my career sales. I submitted a waiver re on the off-chance they may grant it with the circumstances at the time.Any advice?

Can you put in an individual order using a credit card for the $10? Submit it in P3, and use a personal credit card under the Customer information to pay.

No, since she needed the sales in July, entering an order now won't help. And if you didn't request the Extension before July 25th, they won't grant you one. Page 27 of the Consultant Policy Guide (28/47 on the online version). That is probably why they sent you the notice on the 25th, so you could request an Extension.So sorry, Anne -- didn't your Director keep you up to date with this??? Again, soooo sorry! How much did you have in Career Sales?

Sorry this happened to you. {{{{{hugs}}}}} But it's in the past now. It's time to move on. Really all you lost was the 2% (which I know, hurts) but you can get that back quickly. Don't even think about the number (career sales). What good would it do to think about what you can't do anything about it. Use the energy to get a couple shows booked and getting back on track.

(((hugs)))

Oops, got mixed up in the months.

(((Hugs))) That's a bummer.

If it's any consolation, Michael Reeves lost his career sales probably about 10 times prior to a couple of years ago.

Not to sound grumpy, but since they don't have Career Club luncheon anymore, who cares about career sales past $15K anymore!!!!

I just lost mine as well.....almost $100,000. Honestly though.....I wasn't upset.

Oh man - that sucks! Sorry to hear this Anne, you can do it again... :)

That stinks. Absolutely, totally stinks. Your director should have kept you in the loop about this, but not all would. I know mine didn't this month though she has in the past, and I avoided losing everything anyway.Do some big shows and get the 2 percent that way!

Ann, I really do feel bad for you and wish there was a take back option - it does suck that this happened. Ann did not blame her director for this. She just feels bad about it and needed to vent a little.

...But a couple of you have mentioned that her director should have kept Ann in the loop about her losing her lifetime sales and I do keep on top of that with my team but I tell them it's their responsibility and if I miss something I'm sorry and have to comment here.

We are all adults and we all know the "rules". It is not the director's job to babysit. It is a courtesy that many directors do for their consultants and takes no time and little effort to shoot out an email "Hey did you realize..." but it is not the director's job. This is a business and if consultants treated it like a business not only would they not blame their director but they wouldn't be in that situation. Now I know full well that life happens to all of us and that at times we do need reminders. It's in the director's self-interest to keep up with this stuff too so I'm not saying we shouldn't do it but let's not blame the director either.

In Ann's case, she had stuff going on and the one show (or individual orders) she had was short. This is exactly why the rule for past host 60% off item is changing in September. She would have made it if that was the case (if it was a show that she put in). Sadly Ann had other issues to keep her mind occupied and her director didn't notice either but the director shouldn't be blamed either. A rule is a rule and it's each person's responsibility to know what the rules are.

jwpamp said:
So sorry, Anne -- didn't your Director keep you up to date with this??? Again, soooo sorry! How much did you have in Career Sales?
Well, I am a little disappointed with my director. (not just with PC, but as a friend with other things, too. This just kind of adds to it.). She was citing all of her active people and never said that I was short. We always go over this and I guess she missed it. I know its my responsibility, but I used to have a back up with my upline. So much for that.I do agree no big deal with the career sales, but my point is that I got the letter after the deadline and the financial person didn't get back to me right away. Oh well. I am not quitting over it, but it stinks. Erin: $100K ouch.Thanks so much for all of your support. It means so much!

pjpamchef said:
Not to sound grumpy, but since they don't have Career Club luncheon anymore, who cares about career sales past $15K anymore!!!!

We don't know that they won't have it anymore - maybe it was just this year, because of having one big conference.

((((HUGS))))) Anne... soo sorry. But you can do it all over again! :)

I heard from a home office person conference will be all of us together again.

I'm so sorry this happened, Ann. There are at least 2 reasons to be disappointed about losing career sales--losing the 2% commission increase and losing the recognition. No, there was no career club, but we still had recognition for career club.

erinyourpclady said:
I just lost mine as well.....almost $100,000. Honestly though.....I wasn't upset.

Erin -

Ouch!!! I'd be upset. You've been doing PC for a long time and have kept up with it through many moves. I'm sorry you lost that!!

What did you all mean when you said that September was changing with 60% host speicals?

Ann, I am sorry this happened to you. Last June this happened to one of the top people on my team. She is in my 2nd line and had $56,000 in career sales when she suddenly was struck with an illness in January 2009. I didn't notice that she didn't have sales in May or June until it was too late. I love this woman and was sick because I felt like I let her down by not being on top of things. Now, my only excuse is my personal life was in chaos last June...which I'm still trying to figure it out.

The worst part is at conference last year I found out that I could have entered a show in for her on my P3 and kept her active! Since then I have been working with all of my consultants to make sure they know where they stand and I ask if I can help them. By the way, this consultant is doing catalog shows only, but has added 2 new consultants on her team since this February!

My only advice is for you to focus on building your team and treating them the way you want to be treated. Our negative experience made me become a better leader. My prayer for you is that you come out of this mess thriving, make some serious income and keep focusing on the positive.

KCPChef said:
What did you all mean when you said that September was changing with 60% host speicals?

Page 24 of the SE Consultant News that came in the change over kit. Starting in September the past host the show was booked from can't order her 60% off item until the show hits $150 without that part of her order. After that it still counts for the host to reach higher levels. That will insure that all shows submitted will be at least $150.

Teresa Lynn said:
I heard from a home office person conference will be all of us together again.

HO had to agree to a two year agreement for the "all together"
format. My director (who is number 1 line to Nancy Jo) told me this at conference.

Anne, I also hope your recruit doesn't lose you. This is why I constantly nag my recruiter, especially when I submit a show that she will want a cut of! She is the only member of my upline that I trust, and if she were to leave, so would I !

Thanks. No, the recruit is good. Phew!

OK... so I have made peace with the sales thing. I received a call on Tues from Financial Services that my card has been updated, but my website is still not up. I has been 12 days since I sent in payment. I know it has been received because the caller told me that Melissa Ellis forwarded my info to her. I have left 4 messages for Melissa and she has not returned my call. I am sure I am not the only consultant calling. But really? Why is this taking this long?

Anne, when we filed bankruptcy, I had to make some immediate account changes due to automatic payments, it took PC FOREVER to get it through that the account they were pulling from was closed. Not sure why as I not only e-mailed, but I called and I faxed in the forms the day I had to close it. It was not until over a week later, when I had to submit a party, that I found out I could not and they still did not have the correct account! It took another three days to fix it so I could submit that party! What I am finding is that like any other financial institution, is that when you need something it goes as slow as molasses but as soon as they do not get their money, they are on it in a flash! Keep hounding them if you need to. It seems that is the only way to get through to them. I have to deal with them all over again because my bank closed the only account I had because I could not put in enough money per month to keep it open. Creeps!

Oh brother. Well, at least I am not alone. They need to get with the times. This is embarrassing that its taking this long.

So... I told myself today that I wasn't going to leave any messages; that I was going to keep calling back. (Not usually my approach, but whatev). On my fourth call I reach Melissa. She was stunned that my site wasn't back up. Um... so did you not get the last five messages I have left? Anyway, after a two minute call, my site was back up and running! YAY!!

You gotta do what you gotta do, Anne. Way to stick with it and get it done!

Aww. *Hugs* to you. So sorry that happened! :(

So sorry that you are having troubles Anne. I think my recruit lost her career sales last month and I wasn't on top of things for her like I normally am. BUT....I have explained it to her several times AND............I am not a director. I feel bad though that she has lost her 2%. I have had enough trouble keeping my own sales up since moving and haven't been as on top of my recruits as I would like to be.

Also, sorry to hear you are having trouble with your director. I have noticed that she has seemed really busy with other parts of her life lately. Hopefully everything will get back on track soon.

Glad to hear this isn't going to cause you to quit though!

I have to say I do agree with Beth. As a Director who tries to stay on top of all that her team is doing as well as on top of her own business it isn't easy. And as Beth said, it is a personal business that it is so important that we continue to know where we are on a day to day basis so that things like this don't happen. It is very hard when there are people on your team who expect you to keep them up to date as to where they are and not be responsible for their own actions. Not to say that this applies in this situation but it does in some situations. I hate that many of you are not happy with your upline, hopefully this is not the reason.........

1. What are the possible reasons for a decline in sales?

There could be various reasons for a decline in sales, such as economic downturn, changes in consumer behavior, increased competition, or product or service quality issues.

2. How can a business bounce back from a decline in sales?

To bounce back from a decline in sales, a business can focus on improving its marketing strategies, offering promotions or discounts, improving customer service, or introducing new products or services.

3. How can a business keep itself afloat during financial troubles?

To keep a business afloat during financial troubles, it is important to closely monitor expenses, negotiate with suppliers for better payment terms, consider alternative sources of funding, and seek professional financial advice.

4. How can a business maintain customer relationships during financial troubles?

A business can maintain customer relationships during financial troubles by providing transparent communication, offering incentives or rewards for loyal customers, and addressing any concerns or issues promptly and effectively.

5. How can a business prevent future financial troubles?

To prevent future financial troubles, a business can regularly review its financial statements, maintain a healthy cash flow, diversify its products or services, and constantly adapt to changing market conditions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• julia.poe
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies