• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Orders Gone Wrong: How to Handle Mistakes at The Pampered Chef"

progress.I have had to call and email several times and I have not received a response. :(I'm getting very frustrated with the HO and lack of response.
nldavis321
Gold Member
with HO!

Second order that a host has received that is marked box 1, 3, 3 and the one before was 1, 3, 3, 5, 5. What happened to 2 and 4???? The list of what was ordered by the host and guests, not included. The list that indicates which item is in which box, is of course incorrect because the box numbers dont make any sense.

I am so embarrassed. I went through explaining how things come, how organized, easy, and simple things are and all this is happening. Her show was put on hold because they say I owed money on it...NO I DIDNT! They were charging me double for shipping! Now an item is missing!!!

How long do we have to promise our hosts things will get better. How much longer to I have to smile and try to make them happy! I stand by The Pampered Chef products. Always have, but HO is making me nuts.

:grumpy:

Wow! That is very frustrating. I have been with PC for almost a year now and I have been experiencing inconsistencies with the HO too. However, the way things are shipped and packed should not be like that. They recently went through a computer program change so I wonder if they are still experiencing transition pains.

Hopefully from now on the experiences will be more positive.

Are you reading the labels themselves and the sheets inside where it says box 1 of 5 or 2 of 6 or whatever, or is she reading the printed number on the box which is actually the size of the box?...wondering...

Call HO with what boxes she received (reference tracking numbers) and they'll work it out.Tracking numbers are best to identify WHICH specific box arrived.

She received all of her boxes, they are just labeled wrong. I know all the changes are for the better, but back when I did PC in 2003 I NEVER had such problems. I vented and feel better though. Fingers crossed those were the last hiccups. Thanks for listening/reading.

That would definitely be frustrating!

I agree with Janet...it sounds like your hosts are reading the size of the box (which is a big number on the box itself) instead of reading the label! It took me a while to figure this out myself and I still have hosts ask me about it.

I never had problems with I first started 3 years ago but this last year there seem to be many of them and there is always an excuse for it but never a permanent solution it seems.

jrstephens said:
I never had problems with I first started 3 years ago but this last year there seem to be many of them and there is always an excuse for it but never a permanent solution it seems.

I am beginning to think they are just that...excuses! Upgrades should not cause this many problems and for so long. I've been hearing the upgrade-excuse since what, January?? or earlier?

I'm getting the run-around with HO right now of them trying to figure out a problem with a customer order that is 'stuck'. Apparently, from what they can tell, a couple of the items that changed to new spring-line (Season's Best, Garlic press) have caused the whole order to hang. It was ordered 2/13, but because of some unknown reason they can't be sure of, it got on hold/canceled. Now it's been released and processed- but won't ship! They keep saying "I'll check with XXX (the lady I talked to orignally) and see what's going on and we'll call you back." This lady never called me back to begin with and I'm STILL waiting for them to call back- for the 3rd day! I gave them all day Monday. I'm mean seriously...this can't be the first time products have crossed the product-change-over date. I have one order coming in today! I'm really getting irritated. I'm tired of waiting and messing up my day. - Sorry , had to vent. :)

Email Marla. Tell her your frustration and be specific.

The HO must be overwhelmed with calls and emails. I have had no emails responded to in the last couple weeks. It is very frustrating and I feel everyone's pain. I am trying to be patient and hope they will address my concerns.

Yes, it's interesting that they are having such problems they are flooded with calls that the call back times were crazy. So then they encourage us to do stuff online and in e-mails. I have a couple adjustments out there that haven't been dealt with yet and I hate just hanging on without any sort of estimate to when it's going to be handled.Very, very frustrating! I sure hope this gets figured out soon because it's really turning off a lot of people. I'm trying to think of all the positives and how much I love PC, but the day to day frustrations sometimes win out, KWIM?!

Hang in there girls!
I've been with PC for a little over 5 years...and sometimes there are unexpected glitches.
I know you've heard it all before, but I've spoken with several people at the office and they really are trying to get it straightened out.
As frustrating as it is, this is how I look at it:

many DS companies are closing, or merging. PC ships out well over 5,000 shows (not boxes) per day! In the last 2 days of the month, HO deals with apporx. 50% of all the orders. With that kind of volume, combined with the major system changes, there's bound to be some problems. When you factor in the number of consultants nationwide, and the way our business is GROWING, it can change your perspective. From what I understand, as a company, business is growing by leaps and bounds. That's a good thing!! :)

Again, hang in...know that they are feeling the "pain" too...

I guess it's hard because for someone like me, this one sale I'm trying to salvage was huge. If I lose it- it messes me up big time- since I"m struggling to get my business off the ground and running a little bit easier. The fact that it is a $125 order doesn't help! :)I have the good fortune (sarcasm) to call my customer tomorrow to tell her "Sorry, but HO can't figure out why your order is messed up, but if you want, we can reenter it and try again. " Of course, I'll try to phrase it a little better. But somehow a few individual items got canceled (unknown why per HO), so it messed up the whole order and their new system doesn't allow them any way to fix it. *sigh* I'm going to go to her house tomorrow to hand-deliver something I said I'd mail her (a Taste of Home Magazine) and haven't yet. Maybe going the extra mile to take that to her, and I'm going to give her my Simple Addition Heart Dish if she redoes her order- since that's one item from her original order she WON'T be able to get....but maybe my extra effort will keep her happy and she'll still do the order. She's been patient so far, but even I wouldn't be so sure....The good thing is she loves PC.I hope they sort all of this stuff out soon.

esavvymom said:
I guess it's hard because for someone like me, this one sale I'm trying to salvage was huge. If I lose it- it messes me up big time- since I"m struggling to get my business off the ground and running a little bit easier. The fact that it is a $125 order doesn't help! :)

I have the good fortune (sarcasm) to call my customer tomorrow to tell her "Sorry, but HO can't figure out why your order is messed up, but if you want, we can reenter it and try again. " Of course, I'll try to phrase it a little better. But somehow a few individual items got canceled (unknown why per HO), so it messed up the whole order and their new system doesn't allow them any way to fix it. *sigh* I'm going to go to her house tomorrow to hand-deliver something I said I'd mail her (a Taste of Home Magazine) and haven't yet. Maybe going the extra mile to take that to her, and I'm going to give her my Simple Addition Heart Dish if she redoes her order- since that's one item from her original order she WON'T be able to get....but maybe my extra effort will keep her happy and she'll still do the order. She's been patient so far, but even I wouldn't be so sure....The good thing is she loves PC.

I hope they sort all of this stuff out soon.

I think you need to tell HO what you had to do to keep your customer (the heart dish), maybe if you complain enough they will make it right!

Yes, make sure that it isn't the box size! The box size is actually printed straight on the box where as the box number is on the packing label.

1. What should I do if I receive the wrong product in my host order?

If you have received the wrong product in your host order, please contact our customer service team at 1-888-OUR-CHEF. They will be able to assist you in exchanging the incorrect item for the correct one. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

2. What if an item in my host order is damaged or defective?

If you have received a damaged or defective item in your host order, please contact our customer service team at 1-888-OUR-CHEF. They will be able to assist you in exchanging the damaged item for a new one. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

3. Can I cancel my host order if I no longer want it?

Unfortunately, once a host order has been placed, it cannot be cancelled. However, you can return the items within 30 days for a full refund. Please contact our customer service team at 1-888-OUR-CHEF for assistance with the return process.

4. What if I accidentally ordered the wrong item in my host order?

If you have accidentally ordered the wrong item in your host order, please contact our customer service team at 1-888-OUR-CHEF. They will be able to assist you in exchanging the incorrect item for the correct one. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

5. How long will it take for my host order to be delivered?

Host orders typically take 7-10 business days to be delivered. If you have not received your order within this time frame, please contact our customer service team at 1-888-OUR-CHEF for assistance in tracking your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Estelene Nichols
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ccmahaffey