• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Losing a Potential New DT Consultant: What Happened?

In summary, the consultant said that she was excited to do the party with her friend, but then she changed her mind and decided to go with Discovery Toys instead. She also said that she is thinking about switching to PC.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
Did I just lose a potential new consultant to Discovery Toys? She and her friend were already to sign last week. Another friend was having a DT party and I think she went to it. I left several messages and she finally just got back to me and told me she was not going to sign up, but did not give me any reason. The reason she was going to do this was because she needed to make money and she tried MK but she spent too much money on stocking products. I just can't believe she would sign up for Discovery Toys.

bless and release... or stay in contact and when she runs out of steam you can show her how PC can actually make her money! Sorry!

I am sorry! I hate when that happens:( Did she get back to you by message or email? If so I would maybe try a phone call and see why she got cold feet. I have found that sometimes they just have more questions and sometimes they just aren't going to sign but that last call sometimes makes a difference.

I find it ironic that Jean Jonas and posse have come from DT and here you post about a party and possible recruit loss...yet I have never ever in my life heard of DT nor heard of anyone having a DT party. Did it perhaps not reach the Northeast yet? Sorry not trying to hijack the thread. I just found it so odd that I had to go visit their website just to check it out and see what it was even about. :)

I had never heard of them until I had a young child and now that mine is a bit older I never hear of them anymore. Talk about niche marketing

I left several VM with her. She said something about her husband using her phone and her not able to use it, so I don't think I can reach her with a call. Plus, I am sure that she is screening it. She responded back to me via email. The thing is she has a friend doing her first party on April 11th and was all set to come to NCT on the 4th. She was excited about the kit rebate. I did not see this coming. We talked about reservations, and she really did not express any. It was 2 of them signing up and now they are both out. This is why I think they are going to DT.

Well all that's left is to facebook stalk them!!! I would want to know if they signed with DT. LOL

Ooooh, LOVE DT, but wouldn't sell it! LOL I love PC too much!!! :DI do know someone who sells DT & says it's super hard to book parties. There host benefits are not as good as our host benefits either. So just keep that door open. My friend is thinking about crossing over from DT to PC. Your girl may make that decision in a few months too. ;)

I love the concept of DT - but my son has never played with any of the toys/games I purchased from them, so I've never been interested in hosting or even remotely interested in selling.

Usborne Books, on the other hand, I love.

I cannot imagine anyone thinking they would have a better deal with DT than PC. I'd be dying to know what caught their attention with that company.

Oh, and I had no idea that's where Jean Jonas came from - I would have thought jewelry or skincare, but never children's toys!

Maybe they are offering (or the consultant is) some kind of signing bonus. On their website it says:Join our team & qualify to earn your Teach. Play. Inspire EC Kit (regular price $115 US | $130 Can) FREE with our Success Start Rewards Plan. (looks like it's a kit rebate).Googled that and found the pdf I'm posting below. Haven't had a chance to check it out... have a coaching call with my D in 4 minutes!! :)

Attachments

• successstartrewards_us.pdf
    38.4 KB · Views: 209

1. What are the common reasons for someone not joining as a DT consultant?

Some common reasons for someone not joining as a DT consultant include not having enough time to commit, not being interested in the products or business opportunity, or not feeling confident in their ability to succeed as a consultant.

2. Is there anything I can do to change their mind?

While it's always worth asking if there is anything you can do to address their concerns or hesitation, ultimately the decision to become a DT consultant is up to the individual. Respect their decision and continue to focus on building your team with enthusiastic and committed consultants.

3. How can I prevent losing potential new DT consultants in the future?

One way to prevent losing potential new DT consultants is to have open and honest communication with them from the beginning. Make sure they understand the time commitment and what it takes to be successful as a consultant. Also, focus on building relationships and providing support to potential consultants to help them feel confident and excited about joining your team.

4. Should I follow up with someone who initially showed interest but then changed their mind?

It's always a good idea to follow up with someone who showed interest but then changed their mind. You never know what may have changed for them or if they have had a change of heart. Be respectful and understanding in your approach, and don't pressure them if they are not interested.

5. How can I handle rejection from potential new DT consultants?

Rejection can be tough, but it's important to remember that it is not a reflection of your worth or abilities as a consultant. Take some time to process and then move on to focusing on finding new potential consultants who are excited and committed to joining your team. Remember to always handle rejection with grace and professionalism.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • byrd1956