• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking to Do a Booth? Here Are Ideas on Where to Find Them!

In summary, this person is looking for events to be a vendor at and is contacting different organizations to see if they have any events coming up. They are also looking for events online.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Okay so this topic comes up all the time so... I thought I would make a thread about it and I am asking Greg to make it a sticky at the top of this forum.

Your local newspaper... Check the clasified section inder sales/bazars/etc.
Any local free papers that have adds in them
Chamber of comerce
Churches
Civic organizations EX: Lions/VFW/Moose club/Leigon
Craigslist.com
Sports arenas
Schools PTA/PTO & Parent organizations
Grange organizations
Local Agricultural societies
County fairs (you can google many of these for info)
Network with all Direct sales Consultants you run into. Tell them you are looking for events and will share with them any you find out about.

Online: Disclaimer... Be very careful when signing up for these sites! You CAN NOT list Pampered Chef in ANY WAY!!

Craftlister.com

Another tip, Many times these events are being Planned MONTHS ahead of time. For Example I would start looking for holiday events in July / August.
Start your own!

Last edited by a moderator:
bump..........

bump.........

I found this site, it has a subscription but list all events in your area. http://www.grpvne.com/ .

Also today I went to my local newspaper online and under classified, under arts and crafts found 3 local church events looking for vendors.

bump..........

Thanks for bumping this! I missed it the first time, but I'm glad I caught it this time around!

bump.....................

Sure wish this topic could be a sticky!!!!!

Last edited:
bumping.....

another bump...........

Great ideas!! I was just wondering where else to look for needed vendors!! Thanks so much!!

I would still LOVE if this thread could be a sticky!!!!!

When I left my husband on 9/4 (day after labor day) i went right to work looking for hosts (shows) and boutique for the fall /holiday season...

I printed out Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec calendars from word (templates - full page 1 month per page) and then printed out my list of P3 contacts.

I called everyone looking to see who wanted to host a show and if they could keep an "eye" out in for PTA fundraisers, church parking lot fairs, etc. To help me provide an income for my child & I.

I also called up my direct sales buddies and asked then to keep an eye out for banners that might be announcing events, so I can get into those as well...

As I called, I was writing down things on the calendar and then figuring out a schedule form there. After 3 hours of being on the phone I had nearly filled my November, 1/2 filled my October and I was relieved enough to take a break. The next couple of days I got return phone calls and a few I just saw as I was driving down the street...

So if you put the word out.. or put your feeliers out (is what I say) you would be surprised with the outcome...

Almost every night I go to...

criagslist.org
Art and Craft Shows, Festivals, Fairs, Expos, Concerts - Event Directory of 50,000 FREE Online Listings!
my local newspaper (OC reigster.com)
and yahoo direct sales groups

looking for events

Here is another tip...

on Craig's List I don't just look for events using the key word of Pampered Chef...

When people post events they always mention who they already have... Tupperware, Arbonne, Creative Memories, etc... and so when i search PC it will bring up ads with the words PC in them. but if I search Arbonne, it will give me things with the words Arbonne in them, and if i see PC is NOT listed I'll contact the poster asking if they have a PC person yet, and if i can be the PC person for the event (i'm using PC for this post - I write out the whole words for the emails) and then the other thing I do is IF i see a that PC is listed, and I have that date available in my calendar I'll send a friendly email to the poster saying, "Sometimes things come up at the last minute and people have to back out or cancel their booth, if you PC person can't do their booth, can I be on the waiting list?

Be really friendly, don't use the words flake or inconsiderate nothing negative

I always get a friendly response of, "How nice of you to offer, but.... and then just keep their contact info; I always try to email after the event date asking how it went and if there is going to be another event in 6 or 12 months, and if I could be on the list to receive the invite to be a vendor.

I got an event this past summer by offering to be on the waiting list and not 1 hour previously the other PC person had backed out, left the event planner stunned 1 week before the event. before she could panic my email came in and she told me to mail over the money and I can have the booth... She liked my booth and my helpfulness so much, she offered me the holiday boutique first, before offering it to the other PC lady - I paid on the spot because I had such good sales at the summer event.

So I hope these ideas help, but you really have to plan things out 3 months in advance.

I am already getting invites to work booths May of 09

I'm new to PC but I'm finding that Farmer's Markets are receiving me quite well. Also, some of them are not too expensive. I am also trying to get my name out there. I didn't have the backing of my family and friends like a lot of consultants. I did ask but especially my family is totally against it. They will do individual orders but not host a show.

I also just wanted to say what a blessing this site has been. Thank you for so many great ideas and words of encouragement.

Yes Farmers markets are great. You are lucky to be able to get into one. Arround here they only allow selling of Minnesota grown or made from MN grown products.

etteluap70PC said:
Yes Farmers markets are great. You are lucky to be able to get into one. Arround here they only allow selling of Minnesota grown or made from MN grown products.

Same here!:cry: I do have a lead for a very small, local Farmers Market - so we'll just have to see. But the big ones, with lots of traffic, all have a NO DS Clause

etteluap70PC said:

Yes, absolutely right on being lucky on that! None of ours will allow vendors in--has to be a home grown or home made food product. I had an aunt, who didn't know, try to sell crafts and get booted!

What is the most you would pay for a booth? I am just starting out with finding fairs and don't know what to expect. Some seem a bit pricey but maybe the payoff is good?? Just curious on your thoughts. Thanks!

Monica

For me cost totally depends on the type of event and venue. For professional home shows I have paid $200.00 for a 2 day event. County fair I have paid $159. for 4 days.
For a 1 day event I will not pay over $50 unless it is a proven event and I know what advertising is being done as well as signage (along the road to direct people)

Bumping (wish it was a sticky) :)

Me too Amanda... I have asked a few times if this could be a sticky...

They took away the "booth benefit" for Directors w/the new benefits didn't they?

Bumping :)

I am doing a local farmers market here in ohio for $100 for the entire summer. It starts this weekend & runs through the end of Sept. Thanks for all of the ideas. I am new to the site & loving it. :)

Bumping....

;)

I am doing 2 Farmer's Markets and a Hey Day event here in Colorado.

One of the Farmer's Market was $375 for the entire summer thru September 29 but they throw in October Fest for free and one of the days in September they have a soup contest that is very popular as well. It is more upper end. This is really good considering that for another event in the same town they charge $375 for 2 1/2 days.

The other Farmer's Market is $75 for the whole summer thru September 25 (before I put any money down I went to see it and talked to the vendors that were already there). A few advantages to this one is that it can be seen from the main street and they will allow us to put signs or flags. It is in a good area because the people have to drive about 55 miles to the next Farmer's Market in one direction and 14 miles in the other direction. The one 14 miles away I was told wasn't as good and that's what helped me decide on this particular one.

The Hey Day event was $25. All were reasonably priced in my opinion. I've done events that were $50 for 4 hours.

Judy

Last edited:
A couple of other things I wanted to mention.

If you are doing a booth for Pampered Chef and you are also with another DS company do one or the other but not both and especially if you are sharing a booth with another consultant. That other consultant didn't pay for a booth to sell/or get leads from another company. This is only respectful to the other consultant.

Also, I agree with the previous post of don't butt in if the other consultant is already talking with a potential customer/host/recruit. If he/she asks for your opinion or help then give it to them but don't butt in.

I try to only drink water or I will bring an energy bar since I do the booth by myself and since I have a hip problem I will sit down occasionally.

Judy

Can we please sticky this on at the top. It helps me when I'm running low on ideas.

Please sticky it to the top. It is a VERY helpful thread!

Please Greg Make this a sticky!!!

again... wish this was a sticky!

Great thread!!!

Thanks Anne, Now If we could keep it at the top It would be sooooo much easier for everyone! ;)

Bumping...

Greg, can you make this a sticky, please?

Thank you DebPC for making this a sticky!

Last edited:
Craft fairs seem like a great idea. I'm not starting until October...should I wait until next year to do holiday fairs?

If you take the training courses, I think you'd do just fine. Also, there's a cd (maybe even an MP3 now) with tips on having a booth.

Yep... there's an MP3 you can listen to once you become a consultant. The consultant you are signing under may have a CD you can borrow until then tho.

Tamzin1020 said:
Craft fairs seem like a great idea. I'm not starting until October...should I wait until next year to do holiday fairs?
If you are able to get a booth at a fair, why not do it this year? It's a great way to get some fresh leads and bookings. Read through a few of the Booth Threads on here for ideas. Here are a few of my favorites:http://www.chefsuccess.com/f52/booth-photos-feel-free-post-your-photos-too-58011/
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f52/things-ive-learned-doing-booth-table-51121/

Many craft fairs don't allow DS companies, they want "crafts only". I've had better luck with church fund raisers, vendor markets or community events.

JackieB999 said:
Many craft fairs don't allow DS companies, they want "crafts only". I've had better luck with church fund raisers, vendor markets or community events.

It varies. Yes- some are picky...but there are alot out there...if you keep looking. I've done several of them.

Do you seem to get a good response from craft shows? Are there normally other pampered chef vendors there? I'm looking at doing one near my area. It's 60 but I know that there is normally a good turn out.

Doing a booth? Need ideas for my table...:confused:Hi. I'm a vendor at an upcoming event, and I'm not sure that what I had planned for my table is "enough". I could use some input on how to set up my table and whether freebies are always necessary. Also, I had only planned on bringing salad greens, carrots and celery to demo the food chopper, classic batter bowl, cutting boards and santuko knife. Although I'll certainly be bringing other products to set out, I have not been asked to bring prepared food items, since the event is a dinner, and there are food restrictions. I also plan to set out catalogs, opportunity brochures, business cards, and host packets. I hope not only to get some orders that night, but to get some new business. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Online: Disclaimer... Be very careful when signing up for these sites! You CAN NOT list Pampered Chef in ANY WAY!!

Can you elaborate on this? How would I sign up...just my name? I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to start doing some of these - just had no clue where to start before reading this wonderful sticky!! :) :love:

Jmioni said:
Can you elaborate on this? How would I sign up...just my name? I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to start doing some of these - just had no clue where to start before reading this wonderful sticky!! :) :love:
First if you have not taken the online classes regarding social networking etc, do so as it will help. Also read the Policy guide the info regarding this is in the advertising section I believe. You can sign up for these sites you just can not enter yourself as "pampered chef" or as a Pampered Chef cons. You will have better luck if you check these sites regularly vs. waiting for someone to contact you.

Last edited:
imcooking said:
:confused:Hi. I'm a vendor at an upcoming event, and I'm not sure that what I had planned for my table is "enough". I could use some input on how to set up my table and whether freebies are always necessary. Also, I had only planned on bringing salad greens, carrots and celery to demo the food chopper, classic batter bowl, cutting boards and santuko knife. Although I'll certainly be bringing other products to set out, I have not been asked to bring prepared food items, since the event is a dinner, and there are food restrictions. I also plan to set out catalogs, opportunity brochures, business cards, and host packets. I hope not only to get some orders that night, but to get some new business. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Everyone will differ on this but I do not demo anything sharp and often will not have knives out on my able. I will keep 1-2 knives behind my demo area so if someone asks I can show them. For me food just makes a mess and I get distracted and have cut myself (badly) at events. I can air demo the chopper and mandoline pretty well.

A good rule of thumb if you are just getting into booths is to keep it simple. Bring the cons kit and a few seasonable items if you have them.

kprice12 said:
Do you seem to get a good response from craft shows? Are there normally other pampered chef vendors there? I'm looking at doing one near my area. It's 60 but I know that there is normally a good turn out.

Key questions to ask when signing up to do a booth:
How long has the event been going on?
What is the historical avg. attendance?
What kind of advertising?
Will there be signs on the roads directing people to the sale.
Ask for the name of another DS cons. who has done the event with them more than 1 year in a row. Call them and ask them how the event worked for them. (yes I have done this many times).

How come you cant list Pampered Chef?

ChefAmandaWason said:
How come you cant list Pampered Chef?

If you do the2 things below it should answer your questions. It is a rule that Pampered Chef has given us.

etteluap70PC said:
First if you have not taken the online classes regarding social networking etc, do so as it will help. Also read the Policy guide the info regarding this is in the advertising section I believe.

New to all the lingo here...
When I look at these site there is a section that says "Juried" What does that mean?

allisonserna said:
When I left my husband on 9/4 (day after labor day) i went right to work looking for hosts (shows) and boutique for the fall /holiday season...

I printed out Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec calendars from word (templates - full page 1 month per page) and then printed out my list of P3 contacts.

I called everyone looking to see who wanted to host a show and if they could keep an "eye" out in for PTA fundraisers, church parking lot fairs, etc. To help me provide an income for my child & I.

I also called up my direct sales buddies and asked then to keep an eye out for banners that might be announcing events, so I can get into those as well...

As I called, I was writing down things on the calendar and then figuring out a schedule form there. After 3 hours of being on the phone I had nearly filled my November, 1/2 filled my October and I was relieved enough to take a break. The next couple of days I got return phone calls and a few I just saw as I was driving down the street...

So if you put the word out.. or put your feeliers out (is what I say) you would be surprised with the outcome...

Almost every night I go to...

criagslist.org
Art and Craft Shows, Festivals, Fairs, Expos, Concerts - Event Directory of 50,000 FREE Online Listings!
my local newspaper (OC reigster.com)
and yahoo direct sales groups

looking for events

Here is another tip...

on Craig's List I don't just look for events using the key word of Pampered Chef...

When people post events they always mention who they already have... Tupperware, Arbonne, Creative Memories, etc... and so when i search PC it will bring up ads with the words PC in them. but if I search Arbonne, it will give me things with the words Arbonne in them, and if i see PC is NOT listed I'll contact the poster asking if they have a PC person yet, and if i can be the PC person for the event (i'm using PC for this post - I write out the whole words for the emails) and then the other thing I do is IF i see a that PC is listed, and I have that date available in my calendar I'll send a friendly email to the poster saying, "Sometimes things come up at the last minute and people have to back out or cancel their booth, if you PC person can't do their booth, can I be on the waiting list?

Be really friendly, don't use the words flake or inconsiderate nothing negative

I always get a friendly response of, "How nice of you to offer, but.... and then just keep their contact info; I always try to email after the event date asking how it went and if there is going to be another event in 6 or 12 months, and if I could be on the list to receive the invite to be a vendor.

I got an event this past summer by offering to be on the waiting list and not 1 hour previously the other PC person had backed out, left the event planner stunned 1 week before the event. before she could panic my email came in and she told me to mail over the money and I can have the booth... She liked my booth and my helpfulness so much, she offered me the holiday boutique first, before offering it to the other PC lady - I paid on the spot because I had such good sales at the summer event.

So I hope these ideas help, but you really have to plan things out 3 months in advance.

I am already getting invites to work booths May of 09
I've never done a booth before and I am wondering how you set yours up and what exactly you do at your booth, aside from book shows. I am looking for some ideas, so that when I am ready to do this, I won't look like an idiot trying to piece everything together. Thanks for you help!

kcook said:
I've never done a booth before and I am wondering how you set yours up and what exactly you do at your booth, aside from book shows. I am looking for some ideas, so that when I am ready to do this, I won't look like an idiot trying to piece everything together. Thanks for you help!

plain and simply...keep reading this forum (the Booths, Fairs, and Festivals threads). The questions have been asked and answered.

I would start with these two:
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f52/things-ive-learned-doing-booth-table-51121/
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f52/booth-photos-feel-free-post-your-photos-too-58011/

They will answer A LOT of your questions. There really is no right or wrong way. Find what works for YOU. :D

This is the time of year for street fairs.....bumping this thread to inspire ideas on where and how to get a booth or table. As we move out of the SUMMER season, you move right into the CHRISTMAS season for craft fairs and such too. :)It's a bit of work, but remember to K.I.S.S - Keep It Super Simple! A nice display and information.... you'll get some new contacts that you didn't have otherwise!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CookingwithMary
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
PCGINA
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
  • Intrepid_Chef