• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Square Stoneware (No Glaze)

In summary, square stoneware is a type of baking dish made from natural clay and is different from other stoneware due to its square shape, which allows for better heat distribution and presentation of food. It requires special care and maintenance, and can be used in the oven for baking, roasting, and reheating food. Its porous nature and ability to retain heat makes it suitable for baking, and there are many recipes specifically designed for square stoneware.
deanna_g
This was a piece that was discontinued. It's a square baker without the glazing. I have a customer who wants one. Anyone got one they wanna sell?

Why does'nt she want a glazed one? They are sooo much prettier! They cook the same.

Is she wanting to save money by buying a unglazed one? I would think it is going to be costly to ship.

I'm with her on not wanting a glazed one. The glaze gets goopy from grease while cooking and is very difficult to clean without the use of hot soapy water. (-:

deanna_g said:
I'm with her on not wanting a glazed one. The glaze gets goopy from grease while cooking and is very difficult to clean without the use of hot soapy water. (-:

you can clean it in about 3 secconds with a paste of baking soda and water. makes it all shiny and new again in no time!

I keep baking soda in a flour sugar shaker just for this purpose!

deanna_g said:

It takes about 5 seconds to clean with a magic eraser pad!

Good to know. I'll use the baking soda. Not a huge fan of cleaners that aren't natural, so that works good. Thanks!

You can also use soap on the glaze part, you just have to be careful.

What is square stoneware and how is it different from other stoneware?

Square stoneware is a type of baking dish made from natural clay that has been fired at high temperatures. It is different from other stoneware because of its square shape, which allows for more even heat distribution and better presentation of food.

Does square stoneware require any special care or maintenance?

Yes, square stoneware should be seasoned before its first use and periodically re-seasoned to maintain its non-stick properties. It should also be hand-washed with warm water and a mild detergent, and never placed in the dishwasher.

Can square stoneware be used in the oven?

Yes, square stoneware is oven-safe and can withstand high temperatures. It is perfect for baking, roasting, and reheating food.

What makes square stoneware suitable for baking?

Square stoneware is made from natural clay that is porous and absorbs moisture, leading to a crispy crust on baked goods. It also retains heat well, allowing for even baking and keeping food warm for longer.

Are there any recipes specifically designed for square stoneware?

Yes, there are many recipes that are perfect for square stoneware, such as casseroles, lasagnas, and brownies. You can find these recipes on our website or in our product catalog. You can also use your favorite recipes and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Angel
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Candi_f
Replies
Views
cookinfletch
Replies
Views
ChefZee