• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Looking for Something to Do in Indiana Anniversary

IndianaHi Charity!!I live in Rushville!!!Anyway, anytime that my husband and I want to get away we go to Louisville. It is only about a 2 hour drive and there is sooooo much to do! There is nothing more romantic than eating dinner on the river at one of the restaurants that they have down there!!Let me know if you are
chefcharity
I am wanting to do something special for my 6 year wedding anniversary. I was thinking of taking my husband to a B&B or something. We live in Indiana and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I'd like to be able to do something like hike or sight see while there. This will be in July if that matters. :)
Thanks for your help!
-c

You could always head north and visit The Furry Guy and me. We could hang out in the Redneck Spa. LOL!Try googling tourism, Indiana.

raebates said:
You could always head north and visit The Furry Guy and me. We could hang out in the Redneck Spa. LOL!

Try googling tourism, Indiana.

Thanks for the invite Rae! LOL!! I am looking on google for a place, just thought someone might have a personal experience.

It sounds odd, but The Furry Guy and I love the Indianapolis Children's Museum. It's a fascinating place.

Charity,

Have you ever been to Turkey Run State Park? It's been many years since I've been there (went to a work conference) but it stuck in my head because it is so beautiful.

I don't know how far from home this is for you, but here's the link: Guide to Turkey Run State Park in Indiana

Hi Charity!!
I live in Rushville!!!
I have found a "neighbor" on here, I am so exciteD!!!!

Anyway, anytime that my husband and I want to get away we go to Louisville. It is only about a 2 hour drive and there is sooooo much to do! There is nothing more romantic than eating dinner on the river at one of the restaurants that they have down there!!
Let me know if you are considering it and I can recommend some great hotels, restaurants, etc!!

I love going to southern Indiana along the Ohio River - just beautiful!! We like to stay at Harrison-Crawford State Forest, which is now O'Bannon Woods State Park. They do have some things closed there though like the state caves due the a disease bats are getting - they are in danger! They also had a lot of rain. They do have some private tour caves open though. It is really close to Holiday World which is a really fun and family oriented amuzement park. Very reasonble to get in and you can get all the drinks you want for free. I'm sure if you search the web they have some B&B's in that area as well.

If that doesn't sound like your thing, my husband and I stayed in a really nice one (B&B)by Cincinnati, Ohio, (on the KY side though) a few years ago. It was close to downtown - we went to a concert. It was wonderful! They have a lot you could do in the city.

1. What are some popular activities for couples to do in Indiana for their anniversary?

Indiana offers a variety of romantic activities for couples to enjoy on their anniversary. Some popular options include visiting wineries and breweries, taking a scenic drive through Brown County, or exploring the charming towns of Madison or Nashville. Couples can also plan a romantic dinner at one of the many fine dining restaurants in Indianapolis or take a hot air balloon ride over the picturesque countryside.

2. Are there any special events or festivals happening in Indiana that would be perfect for an anniversary celebration?

Yes, Indiana hosts several annual events and festivals that would make for a memorable anniversary celebration. The Indiana State Fair in August, the Indy Fringe Festival in August, and the Indiana Wine Fair in April are just a few options to consider. Additionally, many towns and cities in Indiana host their own local festivals throughout the year.

3. My partner and I enjoy outdoor activities. What are some recommended outdoor activities for an anniversary trip to Indiana?

There are plenty of outdoor activities to choose from in Indiana for an anniversary trip. Couples can go hiking or biking in one of the state parks, such as Turkey Run or Clifty Falls. They can also go boating or kayaking on one of Indiana's many lakes or rivers. For a more adventurous experience, couples can go zip lining at eXplore Brown County or take a hot air balloon ride over the countryside.

4. What are some unique and romantic places to stay for an anniversary getaway in Indiana?

Indiana offers a variety of unique and romantic accommodations for an anniversary getaway. Couples can stay in a cozy cabin in the woods, a romantic bed and breakfast, or a luxurious resort. Some unique options include the historic French Lick Springs Hotel, the charming Story Inn in Brown County, or a treehouse rental in Nashville, Indiana.

5. Can you recommend any romantic restaurants in Indiana for an anniversary dinner?

Indiana has no shortage of romantic restaurants for an anniversary dinner. Some popular options include St. Elmo Steak House in Indianapolis, Joseph Decuis in Roanoke, or Eddie Merlot's in Fort Wayne. For a more intimate and unique experience, couples can book a private dinner at The Chef's Table at the Conrad in Indianapolis or take a romantic dinner cruise on the Patoka Lake Marina.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• klstaz
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
katie0128
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies