• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Fun Things to Do in Richmond, VA?

In summary, Richmond is a great place to visit for the NASCAR race this weekend. There are a lot of attractions and shopping nearby.
kam
Staff member
Any Richmond VA cheffers out there?

We will be coming to Richmond for the NASCAR race on Sept 12th and needed some info.

First, we will be staying at the Courtyard/Marriott in Glen Allen just South of the Virginia Town Center. Is this a nice area??

We will be coming in early on Friday and are looking for something to do on Friday. Any suggestions? Any points of interest?

I know Kings Dominion is close, but not sure if that's what we want to do. Looking for other ideas...

Thanks!

It's been years since I've been to Kings Dominion but it was fun then so I know it's probably great now. Have never really done much in Richmond - but it is the capital so there should be lots for you to see and do. Have fun.

if you want to bypass DC... take 97 south to 301... got red lights but miss a lot of the back up around DC.

We had our choice of Richmond tickets or Bristol tickets from my DH's work. We chose Bristol! I am excited to go back!!

No advice except HAVE FUN!!

My husband and I are coming to the Richmond race this weekend with on a bus trip with one of our clubs!!! I've never been to a race, but I'm sure we'll have loads of fun. The people that we are traveling with are lots of fun too!

By the way....if anybody knows of anyone looking for tickets for this weekend's race, we still have 10 available. PM me and I can get you the details!

I'm in Richmond...well just outside of Richmond. The area you're staying is is quite nice and right off Interstate 295. KD is only about 15 minutes from where you're staying and you're staying right next to a good sized mall. All the resturants are very close to you too.

HDFarm said:
I'm in Richmond...well just outside of Richmond. The area you're staying is is quite nice and right off Interstate 295. KD is only about 15 minutes from where you're staying and you're staying right next to a good sized mall. All the resturants are very close to you too.

Thanks!!! I thought it might be a nice area, but the hotel rate was so reasonable, I was slightly concerned. I am glad there are a lot of restaurants near us, that will make it easy for dinner on Fri night.

Are there any suggestions for things to see/do besides Kings Dominion? Another couple may come down early Fri with us, and I don't think they are Amusement Park people. I know I would love to go to the mall, but I don't think DH wants to spend his day in a mall.

Richmond itself is filled with shopping museums and attractions. there is a science museum, an Imax theater, civil war history, wineries and tons more.
visit this site- Richmond Travel Guide- RMCVB- Richmond Virginia Travel Information, VA Tourism for attractions shopping info and more. I'm from Fredericksburg and we're going back this weekend for a visit with family- but we're opting for Kings Dominion- my DH and I worked there in high school.

1. What are some popular tourist attractions in Richmond, VA?

Some popular tourist attractions in Richmond, VA include the Virginia State Capitol, Maymont Park, Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, and the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.

2. What is the best time of year to visit Richmond, VA?

The best time of year to visit Richmond, VA is during the fall (September-November) when the weather is mild and the autumn foliage is at its peak. Spring (March-May) is also a popular time to visit.

3. Are there any notable restaurants or food experiences in Richmond, VA?

Yes, Richmond is known for its thriving food scene. Some notable restaurants include The Roosevelt, L'Opossum, and Shagbark. Visitors can also check out the Richmond Food Tour for a taste of the city's diverse culinary offerings.

4. What outdoor activities can be enjoyed in Richmond, VA?

Richmond offers a variety of outdoor activities, such as hiking and biking along the James River Park System, kayaking or tubing on the river, and exploring the many parks and gardens throughout the city.

5. Are there any upcoming events or festivals in Richmond, VA?

Yes, Richmond hosts numerous events and festivals throughout the year. Some popular ones include the Richmond Folk Festival in October, the Richmond Jazz Festival in August, and the Richmond Greek Festival in May.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
pckrissy
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views