1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Looking for Richmond VA info

1. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Any Richmond VA cheffers out there?

We will be coming to Richmond for the NASCAR race on Sept 12th and needed some info.

First, we will be staying at the Courtyard/Marriott in Glen Allen just South of the Virginia Town Center. Is this a nice area??

We will be coming in early on Friday and are looking for something to do on Friday. Any suggestions? Any points of interest?

I know Kings Dominion is close, but not sure if that's what we want to do. Looking for other ideas...

Thanks!

Apr 27, 2009
  2. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

It's been years since I've been to Kings Dominion but it was fun then so I know it's probably great now. Have never really done much in Richmond - but it is the capital so there should be lots for you to see and do. Have fun.

Apr 27, 2009
  3. colegrovet

colegrovet Veteran Member Gold Member

if you want to bypass DC... take 97 south to 301... got red lights but miss a lot of the back up around DC.

Apr 27, 2009
  4. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

We had our choice of Richmond tickets or Bristol tickets from my DH's work. We chose Bristol! I am excited to go back!!

No advice except HAVE FUN!!

Apr 27, 2009
  5. Karen

Karen Member Gold Member

My husband and I are coming to the Richmond race this weekend with on a bus trip with one of our clubs!!! I've never been to a race, but I'm sure we'll have loads of fun. The people that we are traveling with are lots of fun too!

By the way....if anybody knows of anyone looking for tickets for this weekend's race, we still have 10 available. PM me and I can get you the details!

Apr 28, 2009
  6. HDFarm

HDFarm

I'm in Richmond...well just outside of Richmond. The area you're staying is is quite nice and right off Interstate 295. KD is only about 15 minutes from where you're staying and you're staying right next to a good sized mall. All the resturants are very close to you too.

May 5, 2009
  7. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

Thanks!!! I thought it might be a nice area, but the hotel rate was so reasonable, I was slightly concerned. I am glad there are a lot of restaurants near us, that will make it easy for dinner on Fri night.

Are there any suggestions for things to see/do besides Kings Dominion? Another couple may come down early Fri with us, and I don't think they are Amusement Park people. I know I would love to go to the mall, but I don't think DH wants to spend his day in a mall.

May 6, 2009
  8. Bluiydangl

Bluiydangl Member

Richmond itself is filled with shopping museums and attractions. there is a science museum, an Imax theater, civil war history, wineries and tons more.
    visit this site- Richmond Travel Guide- RMCVB- Richmond Virginia Travel Information, VA Tourism for attractions shopping info and more. I'm from Fredericksburg and we're going back this weekend for a visit with family- but we're opting for Kings Dominion- my DH and I worked there in high school.

May 6, 2009
Have something to add?