1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Looking for recipe

1. dollfangs

dollfangs Member Silver Member

I am looking for the recipe for Pumpkin Tartlets - found in Season's Best F/W 2002. I have seen this mentioned a couple of times and as I have a son who is crazy for pumpkin pies, bread, cake etc. I would love to get this recipe. Could someone please share on this board or email me at melissamccall@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks!
    Melissa McCall
    Independent Kitchen Consultant
    Springdale, AR

Oct 27, 2005
  2. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

It's in the post below titled "Need recipes for Show"

Oct 27, 2005
  3. jenniferlynne

jenniferlynne Senior Member

Here it is. Just made them last night. They are also good with French Vanilla Pudding if your host can't find the Cheesecake.

Spiced Pumpkin Tartlets

1 pkg (15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts - 2 crusts, the kind that come folded or rolled
    15 oz. solid pack pumpkin
    2 cups cool whip
    1 tsp. Cinnamon Plus
    1 pkg Cheesecake instant pudding
    1/4 cup pecans, chopped
    1 small orange, opt.

Preheat oven to 400. Roll one pie crust to a 12" circle. Cut 12 pastry pieces with the Scalloped Bread Tube. Press one into each cup of the Stoneware Muffin Pan with the Mini-Tart Shaper. Prick the bottom of the pastry. Bake 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes and remove from pan, cool completely. Repeat with second crust.

Combine pumpkin, cool whip and spice blend; whisk until smooth. Add pudding mix, whisk until smooth and thickened. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Lightly sprinkle tart shells with powdered sugar. Fill EAD with pumpkin mixture and pipe into tart shells. Chop pecans and sprinkle over tarts. Zest orange and sprinkle over the tarts.

Oct 27, 2005
  4. dollfangs

dollfangs Member Silver Member

thank you

Thank you so much for the recipe. It sounds wonderful and I am sure my son will love them. I do have a couple of questions though, I don't have the scalloped bread maker so do you think that the ice cream sandwich maker could be used to cut the dough and could I substitute reg cinnamon or pumkin pie spice for the cinnamon plus? Thanks again for the info can't wait to make them.

Oct 27, 2005
  5. jenniferlynne

jenniferlynne Senior Member

I just measured, and the bread tube is just a tad bit smaller than the ICSM, so it will probably work ok. It just won't have the pretty scalloped edges. Another idea. My Aunt is diabetic so we always make this with sugar free pudding and it is still awesome. She said she is going to just make a whole pie crust for Thanksgiving and put that filling in it. You could also try that if you have a pie plate. I would say that the filling would only make one pie though. The first time I made these, I didn't have the cinnamon plus either so I just used regular cinnamon. Everyone liked them. When I made them at another show using the cinnamon plus, I had some guests from the previous show, and they said they were WAY better that time.

Oct 27, 2005
Have something to add?