• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Recipe Using Baguette

In summary, Robyn is looking for a recipe that was prepared at a show. She was told they used a baguette cut up and topped the pieces w/a mixture that incuded chunky chicken w/one of our seasonings (the lady thinks it could have be garlic). She has contacted several other consultants w/no luck, so here is hoping someone can help her. Thank you!!:(oh darn, & I'm staying up late hoping to find the answer to this!Could it be this?
byrd1956
Gold Member
I am looking for a recipe that was prepared at a show. I was told they used a baguette cut up and topped the pieces w/a mixture that incuded chunky chicken w/one of our seasonings (the lady thinks it could have be garlic). I have contacted several other consultants w/no luck, so here is hoping someone can help me. Thank you!!

:(oh darn, & I'm staying up late hoping to find the answer to this!

Could it be this?

Bistro Chicken Twist

1 cup chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup snipped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) grated fresh
Parmesan cheese, divided
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 (11 ounce) packages refrigerated French bread dough
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning mix

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Chop chicken. Dice bell pepper. Snip basil with kitchen shears.

In a bowl combine the chicken, bell pepper, basil, Parmesan, mozzarella, mayonnaise and garlic.

Place bread dough, seam sides up, on cutting board. Using a serrated bread knife, slice each loaf lengthwise, end to end, cutting halfway through to center of loaf; spread open flat. Lightly sprinkle flour evenly over dough. With rolling pin roll dough crosswise a four-inch width, creating a well down the center of each loaf.

Spoon half of the chicken mixture down center of each loaf. Gather up edges over filling, pinching firmly to seal. Place loaves, seam sides down, in an 'X' pattern on a baking stone. Crisscross ends of dough to form a large figure 8, keeping ends of dough one inch from edge of stone and leaving two 1 1/2-inch openings in center of twist.

In a small bowl, combine egg white and seasoning mix; lightly brush over dough. Cut a three-inch slit in each of the top sections of the twist to reveal filling. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over loaf.

Bake 30-32 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes.

Serves eight.

Nutrition values per serving: 130 calories, 10 g fat, 1 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein, 28 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium

The way the customer talked it was made w/a store bought baguette and the mixture was placed on top of each piece of bread.....

I know this has to be it!!

Chicken Salad Supreme

1 recipe Classic Party Dip
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/4 cup sliced celery
1/4 cup sliced green onions

Combine dip, chicken, celery & green onions in large-bowl. Mix well; cover; refrigerate 1 hr.

Serve over crisp salad greens or on sandwich bread.

Classic Party Dip
Ingredients:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 packet Chipotle Ranch Seasoning Mix
Assorted fresh vegetables or potato chips (optional)

Directions:
1. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and seasoning mix in medium bowl; mix well. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.

2. Serve with assorted fresh vegetables or potato chips, if desired.

Yield: 2 cups dip (16 servings)

Nutrients per serving: (2 tablespoons): Calories 130, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 150 mg, Fiber 0 g

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

It might be on CC, in the recipe search. I don't remember specific names, but appetizery things with meat on bread/toast were pretty common in the cookbooks several years ago.

I just took a look using the recipe search on CC - check out the Tex Mex Chicken Melts from the All the Best book.

lockhartkitchen said:
I know this has to be it!!

Chicken Salad Supreme

1 recipe Classic Party Dip
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/4 cup sliced celery
1/4 cup sliced green onions

Combine dip, chicken, celery & green onions in large-bowl. Mix well; cover; refrigerate 1 hr.

Serve over crisp salad greens or on sandwich bread.

Classic Party Dip
Ingredients:
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 packet Chipotle Ranch Seasoning Mix
Assorted fresh vegetables or potato chips (optional)

Directions:
1. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and seasoning mix in medium bowl; mix well. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.

2. Serve with assorted fresh vegetables or potato chips, if desired.

Yield: 2 cups dip (16 servings)

Nutrients per serving: (2 tablespoons): Calories 130, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 150 mg, Fiber 0 g

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

Would our rub be the replacement for the seasoning??

Yes- a tablespoon should be enough. Our spice is strong.

ooo...thanks so much!

When do you go back to school Robyn? I'm a fourth grade teacher. I go back Sep. 3 with kids starting on Sep.8. This is my first time in 16 years, that Labor Day is so late and I'm not beginning in August. Thank goodness since we had to makeup 1 full week for snow days and I worked until June 19.

I have 2 work days next Thurs & Fri. and then also on Mon. & Tues. Students return that Wed. Big changes this year...going to teams @ jr. hi. so I've lost some classes and now students only have art for a 9 weeks. How sad......we are test driven....

How sad......we are test driven....[/QUOTE]

So true! The number that meet are so more important to the districts than the fact that students improved. Last year, students who almost exceeded, were forced to take the test again to exceed. If they did not make it, they took the test a third time. x2 and x3 were only two weeks apart. Rediculous. As a parent, if my child has met and was only a few points away from exceeding, then great. I don't a number to prove that and I certainly don't want my child being pulled from class to do this.

1. Can I use a baguette in place of regular bread for sandwiches?

Yes, baguettes are a great substitute for regular bread in sandwiches. They have a firmer texture and hold up well to fillings without getting soggy.

2. What are some appetizer ideas using baguettes?

Baguettes are perfect for making crostini, bruschetta, and garlic bread. You can also slice them and use as a base for toppings like cheese, meats, and vegetables.

3. Are there any dessert recipes that use baguettes?

Yes, you can use baguettes to make bread pudding, French toast, or even a delicious bread and butter pudding. You can also use them as a base for fruit and chocolate crostini.

4. Can I freeze baguettes?

Yes, you can freeze baguettes for up to 3 months. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer bag. When ready to use, let them thaw at room temperature for a few hours or reheat in the oven for a few minutes.

5. How can I use a baguette in a main dish?

Baguettes can be used as a base for bruschetta chicken, as a topping for French onion soup, or in a panzanella salad. You can also use them as a substitute for pizza crust and top with your favorite toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
bcowdin
  • Jotten77
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Deb Vines
Replies