• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Recipe From Mamacitas in Texas

In summary, the green sauce served with tortilla chips at Mamacitas restaurants is made with avocado, tomatoes, tomatillos, cilantro, and jalapeno peppers. It is served smooth and has a mild taste. It can be substituted for Erica's ceviche sauce, and the tortilla cups from the Ceviche recipe in the new SB can be filled with it.
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
I'm looking for the recipe for the green sauce they serve with tortilla chips at the Mamacitas restaraunts in Kerrville, San Antonio and other surrounding towns. Can anyone help???
thanks,
Teresa

Here's what I use for Green sauce not sure if it's comparable to Mamacitas but you could try it. Has a bite but is yummy!
3 medium avocados
3 med. green tomatoes
4 fresh tomatillos
3 cloves garlic
2-3 sprigs cilantro
1-2 jalapeno peppers
1 1/2 cups sour cream
pinch of salt

Peel avocados and put in blender
In medium saucepan, boil tomatoes, tomatillos and jalapenos for 15 minutes
Remove from pan and put in blender and blend then add sour cream and mix til smooth.

Hope that helps you...

I'll try it
thanks!
Teresa

let me know if you like it or if it's similar to the Mamacita's recipe

I just googled the recipe and one of the recipes it came up is the same one as Erica's, so I bet it's pretty close!

It sounds good!

Mamacita's green sauce is GREAT!! I wouldn't try it for the longest because I HATE (can I say that stronger?) HATE guacamole, but this is soooooo much better than guac. It has a smooth texture and a mild taste. It is sooooo good!!

Their freshly made tortillas are pretty awesome too!

For those of you who've had "green sauce", is this something I could put in the tortilla cups (from the Ceviche recipe in the new SB)? I'm looking for a 'cinco de mayo' filling besides guacamole.

(I'm getting alot of mileage from those little tortilla cups. I've been making them with different seasonings and fillings. They are so versatile, look great, and are easy!)

Thanks
Kris

this sauce is like a dip they serve it along side the hot sauce.
I would say no but haven't made the ceviche cups

ResearchHere is what is in the recipe but I don't have the quanitites:
I saw this posted from a former employee online!

Daisy sour cream
avocados blended
boiled tomatillos blended
a little cilandro finely chopped
garlic salt to taste
and a little bit of green food coloring to give it that funky color!!

I will definitely play around with this to get it right!!

Debbie :D

1. Where can I find the recipe for the famous Mamacitas' salsa?

The recipe for Mamacitas' salsa can be found on the Pampered Chef website. Simply go to the "Recipes" section and search for "Mamacitas' salsa". You can also find the recipe in our "Tex-Mex Favorites" cookbook.

2. Is the Mamacitas' queso recipe available online?

Yes, the recipe for Mamacitas' queso can be found on our website under the "Recipes" section. You can also find it in our "Tex-Mex Favorites" cookbook.

3. Can I make the Mamacitas' fajitas in a Pampered Chef skillet?

Absolutely! Our skillets are perfect for making Mamacitas' fajitas. You can find the recipe on our website or in our "Tex-Mex Favorites" cookbook.

4. Are there any substitutions I can make in the Mamacitas' enchilada recipe?

Yes, you can make some substitutions to fit your dietary needs or preferences. For example, you can use ground turkey instead of beef, or swap out flour tortillas for corn tortillas. However, note that the original recipe is what makes Mamacitas' enchiladas so delicious!

5. Can I find the recipe for Mamacitas' margaritas on the Pampered Chef website?

The recipe for Mamacitas' margaritas is not available on our website, but it can be found in our "Tex-Mex Favorites" cookbook. You can also ask your Pampered Chef consultant for the recipe or try searching for it online.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Lynn
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies
Views
pc ri lisa
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies