• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Retiring Hosts: Is it OK to Ask for Their List?

In summary, Carly thinks it would be okay to approach someone's former PC customer for a list of hosts. If you're asking for someone's contact information, make sure to clarify that you're only doing so because your recruiter passed on the leads.
SlagelPC
I have heard that some people are retiring this year near me... is it bad ettiquette to possible ask to purchase their host list and information from them? I am brand new and looking to build my host list... however, many people I know won't do a show for me because they dont do parties or work with relatives. I think it is just a bad excuse...

Anyhow, please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Carly

I'm not sure on the stand of others, but I wouldn't think it would be bad etiquette at all. You're brand new to the business, so acquiring a nice big list of hosts and customers would be a nice boost for you. But even more than that, by stepping into the shoes of the retired consultant, you are continuing to offer a service to all of those people; I would think that all the hosts/customers would appreciate a continuance of service with TPC. As much as it's about building your business, I see just as much, if not more, positive reprocussions for the past consultant's clientele. Good luck!

I will be lucky enough to INHERIT a sorority sister's contact list and all her stuff when she retires her apron and I move into her area. I can't wait to add so many GREAT people to my contact list. She has already let them know that I will be taking over for her.

I have a question. I go to a church with a girl who sold PC for several years and supposedly did quit well. She has recently started to work full time and have given up PC. Do you think it would be rude of me to ask for some of her contacts? I know if I were to quit PC I would be more than willing to give all my contacts to someone. Just want your opinion.

I'd say go for it!! :D Some of her clientele might be starved for some PC!

It's all in the wordingMy recruiter passed on many leads to me when she went out of business. When I contacted people, I simply told them that she was no longer in the business but wanted to be sure that her customers were taken care of. That makes her look good! Then I offered to send them a catalog etc so they would have my info.

1. Can I ask a retiring host for their list?

Yes, it is completely acceptable to ask a retiring host for their list. In fact, it can be a great way to expand your customer base and potentially gain new hosts.

2. How do I approach a retiring host about their list?

It is best to approach a retiring host in a respectful and understanding manner. Let them know that you value their business and would love to continue serving their friends and family. Be sure to thank them for their past support and acknowledge their decision to retire.

3. Is it appropriate to ask for the entire list or just a few names?

This may vary depending on the situation and the retiring host's preferences. It is always best to start by asking for a few names and then leaving it up to the host to decide if they are comfortable sharing their entire list.

4. Should I offer any incentives for their list?

It is not necessary to offer incentives for a retiring host's list, but it can be a nice gesture. You could offer a small gift or discount for every referral that results in a party booking or sale. Just be sure to respect the host's decision if they choose not to share their list.

5. What should I do with the list once I receive it?

Once you receive the list, be sure to follow up with each individual in a timely manner. Send a personalized message or email to introduce yourself and mention that you were referred by their friend. Offer to answer any questions they may have and invite them to host a party or browse the latest Pampered Chef products. Remember to always respect the privacy of the individuals on the list and not share their information with anyone else.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Connie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • cheflorraine