• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Advice on Website Hosting

In summary, Sarah is looking for a user-friendly, cheap website hosting site, and she is unsure of which site to choose. She hears bad things about Go Daddy, but also considers Webs.com and Bravenet.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
My husband and I are starting a local home water delivery company, and I'm looking for suggestions for a user (read: techno-idiot) friendly, cheap website hosting site.

We currently have a free trial with Vista Print, but I don't really like it. However, not having any previous experience with web design, I have no idea if another site would be easier to set-up.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I looked at both InMotion and iPage, but I know there are tons of options out there, so I'd to know your experience.

Do you need a web host only (server space) or do you need one that comes with an editor built in to design the pages?I use 1and1.com for all my web space and domains but you have to know how to code html or use a 3rd party application to create, then upload.If you want a packaged solution, try webs.com. It's what I built our Girl Scout service unit's website on. There are alot of applications and features you can add to customize your site, and it's free (with ads) for basic service, and inexpensive to go paid with no ads and more features.

Joy, what do you think of Go Daddy? I have friends who swear by them.

When I used to do my Reality TV podcast (that was the #2 reality TV podcast on iTunes a while back, so don't laugh!), I used hostito as my provider. They had templates available too. What I liked most about them is how quickly tech responded to my questions.

Joy, see that proves how unsavvy I am! I didn't even know how to phrase it; but, yes, I'm looking for a site with a built in editor. By the way, I was really hoping you'd respond, but I wanted to hear from others as well.John, I heard some nasty things about Go Daddy (nasty as on a moral standpoint), but that was many years ago, and things may have changed. They wouldn't be in my top 10 list though.Ok, I'll look at webs.com and hostito (love that name).

Sarah, I remember that stuff and I think they fixed it. There are some major rules out there now. However, I did find out that Go Daddy is well, for the more advanced computer people. I think Joy and Keith have two better ideas for you.

Bravenet is another company that allows you to build in features.

1. What is website hosting and why do I need it?

Website hosting is a service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible on the internet. It involves storing all the files and data related to your website on a server, which is then connected to the internet. Without hosting, your website cannot be accessed by anyone. It is an essential service for anyone looking to have an online presence or run an e-commerce business.

2. What are the different types of website hosting available?

There are several types of website hosting available, including shared hosting, virtual private server (VPS) hosting, dedicated hosting, and cloud hosting. Shared hosting is the most common and affordable option, where multiple websites share a single server. VPS hosting provides a virtual private server for each website, while dedicated hosting gives you complete control over a physical server. Cloud hosting uses multiple servers working together to host your website, making it more reliable and scalable.

3. How do I choose the right web hosting provider?

When choosing a web hosting provider, it is essential to consider factors such as reliability, customer support, scalability, and pricing. Look for a provider with a good reputation, uptime guarantee, and 24/7 customer support. Consider your website's current and future needs and choose a hosting plan that offers enough resources to accommodate your website's growth.

4. Can I switch hosting providers if I am not satisfied with my current one?

Yes, you can switch hosting providers at any time. However, it is essential to do your research and ensure a smooth transition. Back up all your website files and databases and make sure the new hosting provider offers the necessary features and resources for your website. You may also need to point your domain to the new hosting server and update your DNS records.

5. What are some key features to look for in a website hosting plan?

Some key features to look for in a website hosting plan include storage space, bandwidth, email accounts, website builder tools, security features, and control panel options. It is also essential to consider the hosting provider's reputation and customer support. Look for a plan that offers enough resources for your website's needs and allows room for growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • simms148
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies