• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Roommate for Chicago Conference Wave 3?

In summary, there are several ways to find a room to rent, such as searching online platforms or asking for referrals. When looking for a room, consider your budget, location preferences, and any specific requirements. Negotiating rent can be done by researching average prices and offering other incentives. Before moving in, ask about lease terms, expenses, and potential conflicts with roommates. Landlords may require a government-issued ID, proof of income, and references for renting a room.
pcsharon1
Gold Member
to share for conference three. I arrive on Thursday morning but I am willing to stay until Sunday morning if I need to. Or I can leave Saturday evening. Anyone looking to share?

I'm suprised HO doesn't have a "Find A Roommate For Conference" on their website. I'm sure there are lots of half empty rooms and people looking for them.

I'm guessing HO thinks we would ask our director for room buddies. My director is begging me to stay with "her girls". But I think that's the great thing about conference is meeting people (unless of course you already have PC buddies)

I have never even met my director, the person who recruited me quit several years ago so I reverted to her director, who lost directorship and basically quit last year and I reverted to her director and we move around a lot so I have never really been with my own cluster. It's been very frustrating. I did ask my director. I emailed her and told her I was going to conference and it took her several weeks to send me any type of response, which consisted of she isn't going this year and forwarded me an email from some other people that she doesn't even know that are looking to fill rooms and they haven't answered my emails.

My husband and I considered all of us going together and making it a family vacation but we just can't afford that right now.

I just PM'd you.

Sharon,

I responded to you as well that we are looking for one roommate for Wave 3 for the Chicago Hilton.

Email me or let me know though here.

Thanks.

Lori

1. How can I find a room to rent?

There are several ways you can find a room to rent. You can search online rental platforms such as Craigslist or Roomster, ask friends or family if they know of any available rooms, or contact a real estate agent for assistance.

2. What should I consider when looking for a room to rent?

It's important to consider your budget, location preferences, and any specific requirements you may have (e.g. pet-friendly, furnished). You should also research the neighborhood and amenities included in the rental before making a decision.

3. How do I negotiate rent for a room?

Negotiating rent for a room can be tricky, but it's always worth a try. Start by doing some research on the average rent prices in the area and use that as a bargaining tool. You can also offer to sign a longer lease or take care of certain maintenance tasks in exchange for a lower rent.

4. What should I ask the landlord or current roommates before moving in?

Before moving in, it's important to ask about the lease terms, utilities and expenses included in the rent, house rules, and any potential roommate conflicts. You can also ask for a tour of the room and common areas to get a better understanding of the living space.

5. What documents do I need to rent a room?

The specific documents needed may vary depending on the landlord or rental agency, but typically you will need to provide a government-issued ID, proof of income, and references. Some landlords may also require a credit check or rental history.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
mrsbettyboop0000
  • cookn' katie
  • General Chat
Replies