• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed! Searching for Peanut Pie w/ Nutty Crust & Chocolate Layer

In summary, a member of the community is looking for a specific recipe for a Peanut Pie with a nutty crust and a layer of chocolate. They have searched everywhere but have not been able to find it. Other members have suggested various recipes that may fit the description, but the person is still searching. They have also mentioned an old recipe book called Recipes from the Heart as a potential source. They are still waiting for a response from the original poster and are also wondering if the recipe could have been made in a different piece of stoneware besides a pie plate.
Curlyone
Gold Member
Looking for an older recipe and hoping someone here can help! This recipe is for a Peanut Pie with a nutty crust and a layer of chocolate. I have searched everywhere I can think of. I know there are some archived recipes on here, but the ones I found did not have anything remotely related.

Thanks for the help!:chef:

Could it be this? Except, it doesn't have a nutty crust.

Heavenly Peanut Butter Pie

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (6 ounce or 9-inch) prepared graham cracker pie crust

In large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in peanut butter and sugar. Fold in whipped topping; spoon into crust. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 5 hours.

Thanks ShellBeach. :) I don't think this is the one she is talking about. She said it is an old recipe and also has a layer of chocolate in it.

Thanks for your reply!
~Connie

Bumping:love:

I have looked on Recipes from Friends site and cannot find the recipe my customer wants. Does anyone have any archived recipe files they could post? Joyces Fine Cooking, I think that was the name, used to have PC recipes, but the site is no longer active. Any help would be appreciated.:love:

I just looked through every Season's Best from Spring '97 and the 2 "Favorites" and the "Classics" books from years ago and found nothing.

I did a search on my recipe list and here are some I came up with that were either Pie or Peanut that looked like they might fit.

Of course, I don't have any cookbooks here with me, so I have NO idea what some of these recipes look like. But, wasn't sure if this list might provide some clues... (I don't even know if all have both a crust and chocolate.)

Peanut Butter & Jelly Pie (All the Best pg.95)
Peanut Butter & Jelly Pie (SB Spring/Summer 2002)
Mile-High Turtle Pie (Casual Cooking pg.107)
Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie (Delightful Desserts pg.89)
Mexican Chocolate Pie (SB Spring/Summer 2003)
Mexican Chocolate Cream Pie (Stoneware Inspirations pg.77)
Peanut Butter Rocky Road Dessert (Celebrate pg.114)
Peanutty Crunch Cake (Delightful Desserts pg.54)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte (SB Fall/Winter 2008)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte (Stoneware Inspirations pg.119)
Peanut Butter Cup Dessert (SB Spring/Summer 1999)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bonanza (SB Spring/Summer 2003)
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Crunch Bars (SB Spring/Summer 2010)

Thank you! I appreciate the work you guys have gone thru to help me. I called the customer yesterday and told her I was still working on it. She said she thought the recipe was from the '80's. :yuck:

I will look these up and send them to her. Thanks again for all your searching!:love:

Curlyone said:
Thank you! I appreciate the work you guys have gone thru to help me. I called the customer yesterday and told her I was still working on it. She said she thought the recipe was from the '80's. :yuck:

I will look these up and send them to her. Thanks again for all your searching!:love:

Hmmm...from the 80's would knock a bunch off the list I posted.

There is a very old cookbook...blue cover. It is half sheet size and called Recipes from the Heart or something like that.

I have a copy at home. It very well could come from there. If I have a chance tonight I will look through it.

had she called HO?

It probably was the first recipe- with the graham cracker crust. She may have just thought it was a nut crust.

Thank you Kathleen! And Peggy, no she hasn't call HO yet, but she did post on the F/B site. Someone else thinks it is the Heavenly Peanutbutter Pie too, but that one doesn't have a layer of chocolate. Kathleen, if you don't mind checking the Recipes From the Heart, I would appreciate it.Thanks soooo much!

Curlyone said:
Thank you Kathleen! And Peggy, no she hasn't call HO yet, but she did post on the F/B site. Someone else thinks it is the Heavenly Peanutbutter Pie too, but that one doesn't have a layer of chocolate.

Kathleen, if you don't mind checking the Recipes From the Heart, I would appreciate it.

Thanks soooo much!

Didn't see anything except the Heavenly Peanut Butter Pie in that book. Sorry.

Also, was it in the pie plate? Or some other piece of stoneware? Just because it is called a "pie" in the title doesn't mean it has to be done in a pie pan. If we knew what PC stoneware was used, it might help.

Last edited:
kam said:
Also, was it in the pie plate? Or some other piece of stoneware? Just because it is called a "pie" in the title doesn't mean it has to be done in a pie pan. If we knew what PC stoneware was used, it might help.

I almost asked this. There is a Chocolate-Peanut Butter Torte that's made in the large bar pan. But, it doesn't have a nut crust.

She may be thinking of a recipe that was served at a PC party, but isn't actually a PC recipe.

ShellBeach said:
She may be thinking of a recipe that was served at a PC party, but isn't actually a PC recipe.

That's what I'm thinking.

The Peanut Butter Pie recipe came with the pie stoneware back in the 1980's. It is one of our favorites. Very rich. See attached pdf of the recipe.

Attachments

• PeanutButterPie.pdf
    323.1 KB · Views: 503
Curlyone said:
Looking for an older recipe and hoping someone here can help! This recipe is for a Peanut Pie with a nutty crust and a layer of chocolate. I have searched everywhere I can think of. I know there are some archived recipes on here, but the ones I found did not have anything remotely related.Thanks for the help!:chef:

Attachments

• PeanutButterPie.pdf
    323.1 KB · Views: 488

1. Can you provide the recipe for Peanut Pie with Nutty Crust and Chocolate Layer?

Absolutely! Here is the recipe for our delicious Peanut Pie with Nutty Crust and Chocolate Layer:

Ingredients:

• 1 9-inch pie crust, baked according to package instructions
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter, powdered sugar, and melted butter until smooth.
  2. Spoon the mixture into the baked pie crust and spread evenly.
  3. In a small saucepan, heat the chocolate chips and heavy cream over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
  4. Pour the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter layer in the pie crust.
  5. Sprinkle the chopped peanuts on top of the chocolate layer.
  6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

2. Can this recipe be made without using a pie crust?

Yes, you can make this Peanut Pie with Nutty Crust and Chocolate Layer without using a pie crust. Instead, you can use a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Simply follow the same instructions for the filling and layers, but press the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan instead of a pie crust.

3. Is there a way to make this pie gluten-free?

Yes, you can make this Peanut Pie with Nutty Crust and Chocolate Layer gluten-free by using a gluten-free pie crust or making your own gluten-free crust using ground nuts, gluten-free flour, and melted butter. You can also substitute almond flour for the all-purpose flour in the filling for a gluten-free option.

4. Can I use milk chocolate instead of semisweet for the chocolate layer?

Yes, you can use milk chocolate instead of semisweet for the chocolate layer in this recipe. However, keep in mind that the pie may be sweeter overall since milk chocolate is typically sweeter than semisweet chocolate. You can also use a combination of both for a balance of flavors.

5. How long can this pie be stored in the refrigerator?

This Peanut Pie with Nutty Crust and Chocolate Layer can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Make sure to cover it with plastic wrap or foil to keep it fresh. You can also freeze the pie for up to 2 weeks, but make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil before freezing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GourmetGirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • PCMelissa
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • michelletx