• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Still Searching for the Perfect Vinaigrette Recipe? Any Help?

In summary, the original Betty Crocker cookbook from the 50s includes recipes for yeast rolls and peach cobbler.
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
does anyone have the old original red checkered Betty Crocker cookbook?I have the red one and the pink checkered one that benefitted breast cancerI am looking for the vinaigrette recipe from the original cookbook for my
pasta salad. to take camping tomorrowTeresa

I have a checkered one that has seven vinaigrettes.. Garlic, Greek, Italian, Mustard, Pineapple-Mint, Red wine and just plain vinaigrette.

well DRATS!!!
not sure if it is the Italian, the red wine or the plain I'm looking for. A friend from Sunday school made it for her daughters graduation party and she is on vacation. I wouldn't need the mixing directions if you don't mind typing the ingred and amounts
for one of them

No problem.

Vinaigrette
1/3 cup salad oil
2/3 cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme, oregano, or basil, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, oregano, or basil, crushed
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard or 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard (optional)

To make it Italian, use oregano and include the mustard. Add 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon celery seed, and 1 glove garlic, minced.

The Italian additions sounded uber-yummy to me! Hope it works out!

bless you!!!!!

Let me know how it works out - I hope it's perfect for you! ;)

it was I used all fresh herbs from my herb garden thanks so much for taking the time to look and type it

Teresa Lynn said:
does anyone have the old original red checkered Betty Crocker cookbook?
You mean, like my mother's new one from 30 years ago?

Of my mother's original one, from 50 years ago?

I have them both. :)

probably the 50!!! One of the gifts my DH gave me for Christmas the year we were engaged is the all red one which was 23 years ago

THe one from 50 years ago is faaaaaaaar from politically correct today. When that version (we used to call it "Betty Cooker's Crockbook") was printed, women stayed home to raise kids. The text and graphics all reflect those times.

What are some quick and easy recipes for weeknight dinners?

Some popular options for weeknight dinners include one-pan meals like sheet pan chicken fajitas or skillet lasagna, as well as slow cooker dishes like pulled pork or beef stroganoff. You can also try using pre-made ingredients like pre-cooked chicken or frozen vegetables to save time.

Where can I find healthy recipes for special dietary needs?

Our website offers a wide range of healthy recipes that cater to different dietary needs, such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and low-carb options. You can also find recipe ideas in our cookbooks or by attending one of our virtual cooking classes.

How can I modify a recipe to make it more budget-friendly?

To make a recipe more budget-friendly, try substituting expensive ingredients with more affordable options, such as using ground turkey instead of ground beef or frozen vegetables instead of fresh. You can also try purchasing ingredients in bulk or buying store-brand products to save money.

Do you have any recipes for picky eaters or kids?

We have a variety of recipes that are picky eater and kid-friendly, such as mini meatloaf muffins, chicken and vegetable stir-fry, and mini pizza pockets. You can also get creative and involve your kids in the cooking process to make mealtime more fun and enjoyable.

How can I incorporate Pampered Chef products into recipes?

Our website and cookbooks offer a wide range of recipes that specifically use our Pampered Chef products. You can also get creative and use our products in your own favorite recipes, such as using our food chopper to quickly dice vegetables for a stir-fry or using our stoneware to bake a delicious casserole.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • SChristie