• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a recipe~

Teresa Lynn

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2006
does anyone have the old original red checkered Betty Crocker cookbook?

I have the red one and the pink checkered one that benefitted breast cancer

I am looking for the vinaigrette recipe from the original cookbook for my
pasta salad. to take camping tomorrow

Teresa

dkitten13

Mar 23, 2009
I have a checkered one that has seven vinaigrettes.. Garlic, Greek, Italian, Mustard, Pineapple-Mint, Red wine and just plain vinaigrette.

Teresa Lynn

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2006
well DRATS!!!
not sure if it is the Italian, the red wine or the plain I'm looking for. A friend from Sunday school made it for her daughters graduation party and she is on vacation.

I wouldn't need the mixing directions if you don't mind typing the ingred and amounts
for one of them

dkitten13

Mar 23, 2009
No problem.

Vinaigrette
1/3 cup salad oil
2/3 cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
2 teaspoons snipped fresh thyme, oregano, or basil, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, oregano, or basil, crushed
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard or 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard (optional)

To make it Italian, use oregano and include the mustard. Add 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon celery seed, and 1 glove garlic, minced.

The Italian additions sounded uber-yummy to me! Hope it works out!

Teresa Lynn

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2006
it was I used all fresh herbs from my herb garden thanks so much for taking the time to look and type it

Teresa Lynn

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2006
probably the 50!!! One of the gifts my DH gave me for Christmas the year we were engaged is the all red one which was 23 years ago

The_Kitchen_Guy

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 4, 2005
THe one from 50 years ago is faaaaaaaar from politically correct today. When that version (we used to call it "Betty Cooker's Crockbook") was printed, women stayed home to raise kids. The text and graphics all reflect those times.