1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Looking for a Recipe from 2000

1. CathyP

CathyP Member Gold Member

Does anyone have the recipe for Sausage Bread that was in one of the SB from 2000? I have a new host who wants to do this, but my SB and the search on CC only goes back to 2006. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 22, 2009
  2. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Is this it? I found it in my SB f/w 2001, didn't have f/w 2000, but I know sometimes they are repeated, so thought this might be it...

Italian Sausage Bread

1lb Italian sausage
    4oz mozzarella cheese
    1 can (2.25oz) pitted ripe olives, drained
    1/4 fresh parsley, snipped
    1 tsp Italian Seasoning Mix
    2 packages (11oz each) refrigerated French bread dough
    1 can (8oz) pizza sauce

Heat a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook sausages 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking sausage into crumbles; drain & transfer to a bowl.
    Preheat oven to 400°F. Grate cheese. Chop olives. Snip parsley. Add olives, parsley & seasoning mix to sausage mixture; mix well.
    On large cutting board, unroll 1 package bread dough, forming a 12x10" square. Spread half of the pizza sauce over dough to within 1" of edge. Spread half of the sausage mixture over sauce. Starting at front edge, roll dough into a cylinder; pinch to seal. Carefully transfer roll onto a rectangle stone. Repeat with remaining dough, sauce & filling mixture to form a second roll; place on baking baking stone.
    Slice 8 diagonal cuts across top of each roll. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Slice into 1" slices using bread knife. Serve hot.
    Yields: 12 servings

Sep 22, 2009
  3. CathyP

CathyP Member Gold Member

Yes, that does sound exactly as she described it.

Thank you so much for responding! :)

Sep 22, 2009
  4. lisasfuncooking

lisasfuncooking Member

I had a host that bought a bag of seasoned pepers and onions. Last minute she wanted me to add it. It was delicious! I make this recipe for my family a few times a month. They love it. Sometimes I use provolone cheese instead of mozz cheese. It kicks it up a notch.

Have something to add?