• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Recipe for Fish in the Dcb

In summary, if you want to cook trout or salmon on the DCB, you can start by marinating the fish with your preferred flavors. Then, cook the filets for 10-12 minutes in the DCB, keeping an eye on it as the time may vary. You can also add additional flavors like herbs, spices, and acidic ingredients to enhance the taste. Some recipe ideas include lemon garlic salmon, teriyaki trout, herb crusted fish, Mediterranean style fish, and pesto baked salmon. Enjoy your new fish dishes!
JanisF
Gold Member
I'd like to incorporate fish into my family's diet and am looking at cooking either trout or salmon filets in the DCB (or on other products, I just love the DCB), but I don't have any ideas on what or how long. (We currently only eat fish and chips, lol.) Would anyone have any recommendations? If it is a hit at home, then I'll add it to my cooking show possibilities...

If you are looking to cook trout or salmon on the DCB, I would recommend starting with a marinade. This will give you a great flavor and texture for your filets. You can use either a wet marinade or a dry rub, depending on your preference. Once the fish is marinated, you can place it on the DCB, skin side down, and cook for approximately 10-12 minutes, depending on the size of your filets. Make sure to keep an eye on it while cooking, as the time can vary. Once cooked, remove from the heat, let cool slightly and serve with your favorite sides. I would also recommend adding some additional flavors to the fish to really make it stand out, such as herbs and spices like garlic, parsley, oregano, and paprika. You can also try adding some acidic ingredients like lemon juice or white wine for some additional flavor. Good luck and happy cooking!

Thanks!Here are a few ideas for cooking fish in the DCB:1. Lemon Garlic Salmon: Place salmon filets in the DCB and season with salt, pepper, minced garlic, and lemon juice. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees, or until the fish is flaky.2. Teriyaki Trout: Marinate trout filets in a mixture of teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and ginger for at least 30 minutes. Place in the DCB and bake for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees.3. Herb Crusted Fish: Mix together breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and your choice of herbs (such as thyme, parsley, and basil) in a shallow dish. Dip the fish filets in beaten egg and then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place in the DCB and bake for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees.4. Mediterranean Style Fish: Place fish filets in the DCB and top with sliced tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees.5. Pesto Baked Salmon: Spread a thin layer of pesto over the top of salmon filets and place in the DCB. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees.Remember to always check for doneness by flaking the fish with a fork. The cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the fish. Enjoy your new fish dishes!

1. What is the best type of fish to use in the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker (DCB) is versatile and can be used with a variety of fish, but some of the most popular choices are salmon, cod, tilapia, and halibut. Choose a fish that is firm and can hold its shape while cooking.

2. Can I use frozen fish in the DCB?

Yes, you can use frozen fish in the DCB. Just make sure to thaw it completely before cooking to ensure even cooking and to prevent excess water from collecting in the bottom of the baker.

3. What seasonings or marinades work well with fish in the DCB?

The DCB is great for infusing flavor into fish. Some popular seasonings and marinades include lemon, garlic, herbs like dill or parsley, and soy sauce. You can also experiment with your favorite spices to create a unique flavor profile.

4. How long does it take to cook fish in the DCB?

Cooking time will vary depending on the type and thickness of the fish, but in general, fish will take about 15-20 minutes to cook in the DCB. It's best to check for doneness by using a meat thermometer or by flaking the fish with a fork.

5. Can I cook vegetables with the fish in the DCB?

Absolutely! The DCB is perfect for one-pot meals. You can add vegetables like asparagus, bell peppers, or zucchini to the baker along with the fish for a complete and healthy meal. Just make sure to cut the vegetables into even-sized pieces for even cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Christascafe
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • cmdtrgd