1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Buying Looking for a discontinued PC "Gadget"

  1. One of my customers is looking for a gadget that she bought years ago from PC. Its function is to keep a pot from boiling over. She described it as looking a little like the top of a soup can with ridges and a dimple in the middle. Does anyone know what she is describing?
    Dec 10, 2009
  2. babywings76

    babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

    It's called Boil Control (I think).
    Dec 10, 2009
  3. JAE

    JAE Legacy Member

    Yep, that would be it. It doesn't actually prevent things from boiling over, it just starts making a noise in the pan to make you aware that the water is boiling.

    Dec 10, 2009
  4. Thanks so much JAE and Babywings! Now I'll try to find one.
    Dec 10, 2009
  5. chefann

    chefann Legend Member Gold Member

    If your customer wants to do something that DOES keep a pot from boiling over, have her place a wooden/bamboo spoon across the top of the pot. It redirects some of the air and steam back toward the surface of the liquid and prevents boilover.
    Dec 10, 2009
Have something to add?