• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious PC Pantry Bread Dip Ideas for Your Open House

J
jkuczek
I'm having an open house and am making the beer bread. I would like to have a bread dip that's made w/ PC pantry stuff. Any ideas??

Otherwise, I could my Tastefully Simple dips, but I'm just trying to keep it all PC!!!

I always use a dip from our Farmers Market Seasoning Set to go withy our beer bread. I love them all!

dips for breadAll the spices have dip recipes on the back. I love the Southwest Seasoning and the Dill dips. YUMMY!

Below are some recipes for dips that would go well with bread.

Roasted Garlic & Red Pepper Dip

2 whole heads garlic, unpeeled
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1" wedges
1 tsp olive oil
1 pack (8 oz) fat free cream cheese, softened
1/2 c fat free sour cream
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp rosemary herb seasoning mix

Preheat oven to 425. Slice about 1/4 inch from top of each garlic head to expose garlic cloves. Place in center of deep dish baker; surround with bell pepper wedges. Spray garlic and bell pepper with olive oil using kitchen spritzer; cover with aluminum foil. Bake 40-45 minutes or until garlic is soft; cool completly.

Place cream cheese in small batter bowl; microwave on high 30 seconds until softened. Whisk vigorously until smooth using stainless steel whisk.

Remove skin from bell pepper; finely chop using food chopper. Squeeze garlic cloves from papery skin into batter bowl. Add bell pepper, sour cream, lemon juice and seasoning mix; mix well. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.

Yields: 1 1/2 cups (serves 12)

Cheesy Crab Dip Recipe
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1 lemon
1 teaspoon Tabasco® hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
1 loaf Canape French Bread slices, toasted

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine cream cheese and mayonnaise in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper®. Press garlic into batter bowl using Garlic Press; mix well.
2. Chop crabmeat using Food Chopper. Grate Swiss cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Thinly slice green onions using Utility Knife. Dice bell pepper using Chef's Knife. Using Juicer, juice lemon to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Add crabmeat, Swiss cheese, green onions, bell pepper, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce to batter bowl; mix well.
3. Spoon crabmeat mixture into Mini-Baker. Chop almonds using Food Chopper; sprinkle over dip. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Serve with toasted Canapé French Bread slices.

Yield: 3 cups (12 servings or 24 sample servings)

Nutrients per serving: (1/4 cup dip): Calories 200, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 290 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: Substituting reduced-fat (Neufchâtel) cream cheese and light mayonnaise for the cream cheese and mayonnaise reduces the calories to 150 and total fat to 10 grams per serving. If desired, 2 cans (6 ounces each) white crabmeat, drained and flaked, can be substituted for the imitation crabmeat. Cut shapes from red bell pepper using Creative Cutters for an attractive garnish.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Buffalo Chix Dip

3-4 chix breasts
2 (8 ounce) pkg cream cheese
1cup franks hot sauce
1 jar Marie's Blue Cheese dressing

baby carrots, celery and crackers

I grill chicken on grill pan and then chop chicken. Soften cream cheese and add dressing and hot sauce. Mix chicken in and transfer to keep dish baker. Bake at 350 for 25-30 min. Transfer into medium SA bowl and fondue it (put tea light under it) and place on Hospitality Stand. Put medium bowl in center and 2 small bowls on either side. Cut celery and baby carrots and place in small bowls. Light the candle under center medium bowl and place crackers on rectangle platter.

It's Not Just Beer BreadThese are what our director gave to us:

Instead of a can of beer:

Cranberry Orange - Add 12 oz Orange juice and 1/2 cup chopped, dried cranberries

Banana Bread - add 2 cups of real ripe mashed bananas and 8 oz of sunny delight

Drop Biscuts - Add 12 oz of buttermilk

Cherry Bread - Add 1 can black cherry soda and chopped maraschino cherries

corn bread - 15 oz can creamed corn, 1/3 cup oil

spicy corn bread - above + 2 TBSP of PC Southwest Seasoning

pumpkin bread - 12 oz orange soda, can pure pumpkin, 1-4tsps (depending on taste) of PC Cinnamon Plus

cinn-a-dew bread - add 1 can Mountain Due, 1/2 cup of cinnamon chips, spinkle top with 1 TBSP on cinnamon sugar

peanut butter bread - 1 can of cream of soda, and 1/2 cup of peanut butter chips. When cooled, top with a vanilla glaze

orange bread - add 1 can of orange crush and drained mandarin oranges

Hi there! I'm so excited to hear that you're having an open house and making the beer bread - it's always a crowd favorite! As for a bread dip made with PC pantry items, I have a few ideas for you. One option is our Spinach and Herb Seasoning mixed with cream cheese and sour cream for a delicious and easy dip. You could also try our Garlic and Herb Rub mixed with olive oil for a flavorful and simple dip. Another idea is to mix our Roasted Garlic Infused Oil with our Italian Seasoning for a tasty dipping oil. I hope these suggestions help and keep the focus on all things PC at your open house. Happy cooking!

1. What are some delicious PC pantry bread dip ideas for an open house?

Some delicious PC pantry bread dip ideas for an open house could include:

• Spinach and artichoke dip made with PC artichoke hearts, spinach, and cream cheese
  • Roasted red pepper and feta dip made with PC roasted red peppers and feta cheese
  • Black bean dip made with PC black beans, corn, and salsa
  • Garlic and herb dip made with PC garlic and herb seasoning and sour cream
  • Sun-dried tomato and basil dip made with PC sun-dried tomatoes and basil pesto

2. Can I use Tastefully Simple dips instead of PC pantry dips for my open house?

Yes, you can certainly use Tastefully Simple dips for your open house. However, if you want to keep it all PC, you can try using PC pantry ingredients to make your own homemade dips.

3. What is the best type of bread to use for these dips?

The best type of bread to use for these dips would be a crusty French baguette or a hearty sourdough bread. These types of bread have a sturdy texture that can hold up to dipping and won't get soggy too quickly.

4. Can I make these dips ahead of time?

Yes, you can definitely make these dips ahead of time. In fact, it's recommended to let the flavors meld together by making them at least a few hours before your open house. Just be sure to store them in airtight containers in the fridge until ready to serve.

5. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for these dips?

Yes, there are several vegetarian and vegan options for these dips. You can use PC pantry ingredients like hummus, roasted vegetables, or dairy-free cream cheese to create delicious dips that cater to different dietary restrictions. You can also offer a variety of fresh vegetables or pita chips as a dipping option for those who don't consume bread.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • anoelle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Linzwebb2
  • Aun