• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Name Ideas for Our Adorable Puppy Mix!

In summary, the puppies are really cute and people should not use the ! key too much. There are several names people could consider for a puppy, but ultimately the person will know which one they want when they see it.
sarahlegare
Look at these adorable puppies!! I think we're gonna get one! We're going to look tonight! They are golden retriever/brittany spaniel mix! We need name suggestions for a girl!!! Get me away from the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!key!!!!

goldenspaniels.jpg

Yeah- you need to back away from the exclamation key, hon.They are really cute, puppies, though.

How could you not go over board on the ! key, they are so cute!!! (Sorry, no name ideas, I had a hard enough time naming my babies!)

Awwww....they are adorable!!

Our dog's (she is just a year old now) name is Stella.

We almost named her Bella

You can do a name search for dogs on the internet...I listed about 30 names for DS (13) to pick out a name for our dog, cuz he kept coming up with really lame names. Once you pick her out, though, a name may come to you that "fits" her!

I think Sadie. No reason -- I can just see one of those cuties as a Sadie.
BTW... they are really cute. Use the "!!!!" key all you want, they warrant it. :)

Our dogs were about that color when they were born. We called one Beanie (after baked beans) and Tater (after baked potato-color). One other dog we know is chocolate brown with caramel feet. It's called Snickers; her lighter litter-mate, Moon-pie!

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Awwwwwwwww!

peichef said:
I think Sadie. No reason -- I can just see one of those cuties as a Sadie.
BTW... they are really cute. Use the "!!!!" key all you want, they warrant it. :)

That's just weird!! I was thinking either Molly, Maggie, or Sadie!!!!!!!! Sadie is cute! I'll probably "feel" it when I see her! Thanks guys~I actually think I'm more excited than my kids!

SO cute...gotta love puppies. :)
As for a name, I don't know why, but I like Molly, Daisy and Bella. Those are the names I would have considered for my dog, but she came to us already named so I didn't have any choice for her (Maya). Good luck picking a name you love...they're so cute, it won't matter...all names will fit!

We named our puppy "Shana" which means pretty. I like Molly, Maggie and Sadie too as names for a puppy. Good luck and have fun--you'll know which one is yours when you get near them too!

We have a chocolate lab named Oliver...Ollie for short!

All our animals, all my life have had people names.......Andy (he was small and yippy), Sadie (a black cat), Britta (German Shepard), Hobie (a Golden Retriever), Oliver Wendel Holmes (a grey tabby), his son Henry, Mac (a German Shepard mix). Since I moved out of my parents home they have also had a Hannah (Choc lab) and Whitney (a Yellow Lab).

Whew.....that seems like a lot but it is over 35 years!! LOL!!

Congrats Sarah! How fun! They are adorable! I would suggest you bring her to our cluster meeting but I am not so sure how the restaurant owner would like that! LOL

I kinda like Goldie as a name, since she's part Golden. :)

So Cute!!!! Where can I get one?? Yeah right- DH would kill me. We already have 2 labs. Our female is named Emma Belle (Belle means beautiful in french) and she's about the same color as those pups. Super cute! Let us know what you choose!

Adorable!! I like Sadie too!! How about Lucy?

They are cute - How about Ginger, Cinnamon, Lacy, or Doris :) ?

sarahlegare said:
That's just weird!! I was thinking either Molly, Maggie, or Sadie!!!!!!!! Sadie is cute! I'll probably "feel" it when I see her! Thanks guys~I actually think I'm more excited than my kids!
great minds think alike -- I almost added Molly, Millie and Maggie to along with Sadie, but thought I should limit it to one suggestion -lol.

Cute puppies.

Why not just call her, "No! No! Bad Dog!" since that's what you'll be calling her so often, anyway.

Last edited:
I can't list some of the names people call their pets!!!!Someone came in recently to the vaccine clinic at work and their dog names were swear words!There is a black lab about a mile away from us named Dufus too - says so on his tag...funny when he gets out and his owner is yelling, "Hey Dufus, get back here!"

You could call her Exclamation Point or Exie for short.

Bang!(That's what ! is called.) My old Scottish Terrier, Dugan, was the offspring of Mason's Firecracker - his call name was Bang.

Those puppies are so cute! I want to get a puppy but my boyfriend says one dog is enough but I keep telling him that Maxx (who is a golden retriever) needs a little sister which we would name Mia or Marley so we would have Maxx and Mia or Maxx and Marley. I really like M&M's (the male ones more than the female ones) so I kept telling him we would have our own M&M's!

Sorry of topic of dog names for you. Sadie is cute or I like Ellie also.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s208/MD4Christ/IMG_1835.jpg

Here is what I bought with my commission check!! A new German Shepherd puppy. We named her Bella! She is so much fun and full of energy!! She is 9 1/2 wks and off to obedience training next week after she gets her second set of shots! Her teeth are oh so sharp and her claws are pretty ferocious too, OUCH! :eek: I have been waiting forever to own a german shepherd and with PC I was able to purchase her from a respectable breeder in town. I love her!

My hubby finally told me two weeks ago that we, the fence and our budget were ready for this doggy! So I searched the internet quick and found her! And as a blessing we attended a grand opening of a pet store in town and won 4 huge bags of dog food, so she is set for at least 6 -8 months!! Our maltipoo and cat hate her but oh well eventually they will get along. It's mostly that she's so out of control that the maltipoo is afraid she'll eat him. LOL

Debbie :D

Oh, is she a cutie!Nuthin' like a new nose into a multi-nose family, eh?

cmdtrgd said:
You could call her Exclamation Point or Exie for short.

That is too cute! And what a fun story to tell. One of our cats is Fizbo. The friend we got him from said he was black and white, so we were thinking Oreo. When we got to pick him up, he wasn't just black and white, but shades of gray and a bit of dark brown... so Oreo didn't fit. My other cat was a caramel color and his name was Caramel, so we wanted a "color" name. But on the way home, we wouldn't come up with anything that we liked. DH was a realtor at the time and as we were pulling into our condo, we saw a FSBO (for sale by owner) sign... FSBO is pronouced fiz-bo. At first, I thought it was really stupid, but somehow it just fit the cat and stuck.

Sometimes, you have to get 'em home and check out their personality before giving them a name.That's how Puck and Pyewacket got their names - Puck for the imp in Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream and Pyewacket? What else would you call a black cat born on Friday the Thirteenth? Puck is also very approriately named.

Oh how cute! My first Siamese cat we named Miyagi like Mr. Miyagi from Karate kid. The strangest thing is Mr. Miyagi died just a few days after my cat died!

My second Siamese (look left) is Mia.

My Golden Retriever is Champ. Not the name I would have chosen, but he was supposed to be my husband's dog (yeah right - I of course do all the work for him)! I wanted to name him Peyton:D !

Here is where we got our Golden: http://www.thebearsgoldens.com/

Enjoy your new puppy!

Last edited:
sarahlegare said:

Those puppies are adorable, but your name choices made me smile!! We have a black lab named Molly, my sister's name is Maggie, and my best friend had a dog growing up (a yellow lab) named Sadie! Too funny! So, of course, I think any of those would be a great choice, but in deference to my sister, she hates when she hears that people named a dog her name, so maybe stay away from that one ;).

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Bang!

(That's what ! is called.) My old Scottish Terrier, Dugan, was the offspring of Mason's Firecracker - his call name was Bang.

ROFL - If I say "BANG!" to my black lab, she rolls over and plays dead! :D

Three pets total!!Now we have Muffin the maltipoo, Snowball the cat and Bella the german shepherd. A wild bunch of animals with their own funny personalities.
Here are some pics of Muffin when we first got him. He was so cute we could have eaten him up! My daugher fell in love with him from the moment she saw that little cottonball walking around.
My son fell in love with his Snowball. He used to be as fast as a snowball coming at ya, but now he's snowball because he's white. LOL
And then some pics of them now, grown, it's been 18 months since we brought them home.
Muffin is a whopping 5 pounds and thinks he can take on Bella. Snowball hisses and prefers his meals outside now. After some training Bella won't be so eager to smother either of them and they should be happier.
Scroll all the way down!!
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s208/MD4Christ/

Debbie :D

Love the puppies!!!!!!

And yes they are soooo cute!!!

Names.. when we got Sophia, we named her that because our golden is named Enzo, we needed a good Italian name!

But more so, it should have been, NOOOOOOO, GET DOWN, DROP THAT SHOE!!!!!

I have a cat we all love and her name is Charlie, I think the puppy named Charlie would be adorable

My dogs are Katie & Mollie (Named afer my great-great-grandmothers). Here they are in their favorite place to hang-out - the back of my car! Mollie has the all-white nose and Katie has the half-white nose (if you are creative you can see a 'K' in the b/w pattern) That's my son with them.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/016.jpg

I'm glad you explained that they didn't just herd some neighborhood kid into the back of your car. ;)I was going to try to show you a picture of my Scottish Terrierists, but it's next to impossible to get a good photo of two all black dogs.

I love looking at all the pics. Dogs aren't for me, but they are cute!

I love my cat Christmas, she's a handfull too. LOL

vwpamperedchef said:
I love looking at all the pics. Dogs aren't for me, but they are cute!

I love my cat Christmas, she's a handfull too. LOL
You couldn't keep her out of the tree, so that's how she got her name?

pamperedharriet said:
We named our puppy "Shana" which means pretty. I like Molly, Maggie and Sadie too as names for a puppy. Good luck and have fun--you'll know which one is yours when you get near them too!

Yes, but it is a better name for a person! :)

ShanaSmith said:
Yes, but it is a better name for a person! :)

I was waiting to see how long it would take for you to read this:) ! When we named her I forgot to add the "y" to show that it is pronounced as shayna.

Unless you're a fan of the '70s group that popularized the '50s revival.Get a job!
Shana nana, shana nana na!
Get a job!

pamperedharriet said:
I was waiting to see how long it would take for you to read this:) ! When we named her I forgot to add the "y" to show that it is pronounced as shayna.

Mine is pronounce Shayna also. My highschool boy friends family had a cat named Shana also

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Unless you're a fan of the '70s group that popularized the '50s revival.

Get a job!
Get a job!

Thanks for the reminder! I have a friend who sings this to her!

ShanaSmith said:
Mine is pronounce Shayna also. My highschool boy friends family had a cat named Shana also

Well, now I now how to pronounce your name properly if I ever get to meet you! Sometime I will take a new picture of Shana and post it so you can see her. Right now she needs a good grooming.:eek:

cute cute!! our dogs are Maddie and Grace... or they also go by Tigger (Maddie) and Piglet (Grace)

they're german shorthair pointers... have fun.. remember it's just like a baby.. no sleep for the first few weeks.. .our newlywed neighbors just got a puppy and she was complaining... oh bring back those memories... haha.. I just laughed... just wait for kids.. I thought to myself.

other dogs we've had... Irish, Zeus, Wonder, Magic, Bruiser, Porsche, Sissy, Rufus, ... but those aren't all that great.. :)

My son has a border collie named Buddy. When he was trying to come up with a name, he said "I just want him to be my buddy", and that puppy started barking. so that his name. We also have a cat named pepper and one named princess. My friends' little boy, age 4 has a cat named Socks, he ahs white feet. So when he got a new puppy he named her FEET. Makes sense.

WOW! This post really took off. I've had a name change, and it may happen a few more times, cause we can't pick her up until next friday :cry: :cry:

We're thinking Duga

My 20 month old calls one of our friends dogs Dugie (for Doggie). Well, Duga is the female version. I really like it & that's what we've been calling her all day today, so it's probably gonna stick!! I picked up a cute collar & some other 'things' for her & the kids & I are going shopping tomorrow to pick out toys & stuff! I'm so stinkin' excited! My almost SIL is going to school for dog grooming & is just as excited as me!! I can't wait!!!!!

I like the name Bailey.

chefkristin said:
I like the name Bailey.

I do too, but it's one of our friends daughter's name!! Although, it would almost be ok, cause our son's name is Jaden & her dogs name is Aiden.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef