• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why do I always end up with psycho partners?

In summary, the conversation revolves around one person asking for facts and advice on whether or not to join Longaberger or Pampered Chef as a consultant. The general consensus is that in the current economy, it may be difficult to sell expensive baskets and therefore, Pampered Chef may be a better option. However, it is also acknowledged that some people may do well with Longaberger depending on their social circle. Ultimately, it is advised to present the facts about Pampered Chef and let the person make their own decision.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
PLEASE help me out...

LOngaberger cons does not think PC is work it...

Please help me w. any facts

I'm sorry, but who's buying baskets in this economy? Everyone needs to eat. No one NEEDS an expensive basket, and that would likely be one of the first things cut from a budget!

What exactly does the consultant not think is worth it? Is this a host, potential host? What setting are you in with this person?

they used to pay and annual fee, not sure if that is still the case.
they used to have to pay for their customers to use a credit card.

kdangel518 said:
I'm sorry, but who's buying baskets in this economy? Everyone needs to eat. No one NEEDS an expensive basket, and that would likely be one of the first things cut from a budget!

Amen!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Not only does everyone eat, but everyone needs ideas for keeping their budgets down, and the best way for that is our recipes, cookbooks, products, and your service that they can't get at BBB or at a restaurant!

I just got there catalog and here's what it says:

25% commision, own website for free (lb.com/?) set own hours, start your biz for $49 BUT thats only 1 basket PLUS $10 s&h. OR two other options are $169 $15 shipping, or $399 $30 s&h. Risk free, money back guarentee. Not sure how that works. check out the company's website.

Trust me, NO ONE will buy a basket compared to kitchen essentials. I like there stuff a lot but wouldn't buy. In the 10yrs I've known of the company this is the first year I bought a basket ONLY because it was under $50 on sale and I want it for my prize basket as mine if finally biting the dust! lol

don't think about the facts of longaberger. Think about the facts of PC. Those you probably know or can find here or on pc.com. Give the facts about pc & DON'T bash the company that the person is a consultant for. It will probably not sit well with the consultant.

crystalscookingnow said:
don't think about the facts of longaberger. Think about the facts of PC. Those you probably know or can find here or on pc.com. Give the facts about pc & DON'T bash the company that the person is a consultant for. It will probably not sit well with the consultant.

This is a very important point and is well taken. Give her facts about PC. Ask her what questions she has. Don't bash her company. It doesn't sound like she's deciding between the two but wants to know how it would work for her. Her comment could be because she isn't doing so well and is afraid PC would be more of the same.

Personally, I have a lot (TOO MANY!) of their baskets and I love them but I don't use them all and I can't justify buying any more. I can always find something to purchase for my kitchen and to help my time there be easier and more impressive.

I love Longerberger baskets! I have many of them and won't ever pay over $10 each.
Goodwill and Garage sales!

I too love my longaberger baskets but who has the money for them. especially when you can buy the dcb for the price of a nice size basket and feed your family quickly and cheaply in everyday instead of piling junk in it. But i agree with the above poster maybe she is thinking of a change. Hit the point that PC has done for you and your family and what you have made. I know that my sisters and my mom used to buy a basket a month a few years ago and they havent in about a year or so now. We are a product that you can use without the fear of it getting dirty and ruined by using it. Good luck you may have a new recruit! :)

I actually know someone who left PC for LB and LOVES it. I guess it's just a matter of who you know. If you have a circle of people who have the financial status to afford luxuries, then you'll do good in LB, if not you'll struggle.I agree the majority of the people would do better with PC, but all you can do is provide her the details of our company, let her do her due diligence on LB and make her own informed decision on which move is the best one for her situation. ;) If she goes with PC, great! If not, you should respect her decision. There's somebody out there for every DS company. Each person just has to find their passion and go with it.

Sheila said:
I actually know someone who left PC for LB and LOVES it. I guess it's just a matter of who you know. If you have a circle of people who have the financial status to afford luxuries, then you'll do good in LB, if not you'll struggle.

I agree the majority of the people would do better with PC, but all you can do is provide her the details of our company, let her do her due diligence on LB and make her own informed decision on which move is the best one for her situation. ;) If she goes with PC, great! If not, you should respect her decision. There's somebody out there for every DS company. Each person just has to find their passion and go with it.

ITA, Nicely stated!

OK-
Here's the scoop...
SHe's a WACKO :eek:
Really she is...she does not come across that way at first.

She sells Longaberger, She sells Avon, She signed up w/ Mary Kay and is REALLy upset that she bought 2K of product. She is frustrated that she signed w/ MK and needs to get rid of inventory.

She claims she does well..very well with Longaberger. But when we met for an interview she was impressed w/ my comm statements. I had a really good month sold 5K got paid like 1300. She was sold she wanted to sign up.

Then we start comparing companies. She claims they get 50 % as MK does. She did not like our 20% She does not see it worth her time. Now I tried to explain the tier of comm I guess she's stuck on 20% who knows.

Now I've been in contact w/ her for about 2 weeks. Everytime we speak I make an appt on when I should call HER back. SHe tells me. She can;t get the kit cause she has no money. OK, so I ask when should I follow up ?
She say thurs after your show call me. So I do...I get an answer machine. Now I wait till Sun to call, left another message. So I call again Tues I GET her on the phone. She is rushed, and is trying to get out of the house we speak for a few moments, WHILE she is brushing her teeth! I suggest I call her back about 3pm tues ok she said. And she mentiones she feels I am pushing her! WHAT??? I let her make the choice on when to speak. I NEVER push for anyone...I will be persistant till you tell me No or I'll call you then I leave it alone.

Life got crazy got stuck at the store almost missed the school bus, my oldest comes home sick and has a 102 fever rush him to the Dr he has SWINE Flu!!! So I never call her at 3pm.

I call when thing in my house calm a bit. about 8pm. I get her on the phone and say who I am..and she says WHO? ok she now knows its me, she said I cannot talk right now I am in the middle of something. OK I ask when she thinks would be a better time? She says well I'm not going to be living here anymore and won;'t have a phone number. I'm stunned. I hung up the phone and threw her contact info in the TRASH! She is outta my life!

Wow. Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

What Rae said. Just imagine what it'd be like if she did sign up. :eek:

WHY WHY WHY DO I always wind up with the psycho ones????
any :rolleyes:

What are the main differences between Longerberger and Pampered Chef products?

Longerberger and Pampered Chef both offer high-quality kitchen and home products, but there are a few key differences between the two brands. Longerberger specializes in handcrafted baskets, pottery, and home decor, while Pampered Chef focuses on kitchen tools and cookware. Additionally, longerberger products are primarily sold through independent consultants, while Pampered Chef products can be purchased directly from their website or through a consultant.

Which brand offers more affordable products?

In general, Longerberger products tend to be more expensive than Pampered Chef products. This is because Longerberger products are handcrafted and made from high-quality materials, while Pampered Chef products are designed for everyday use and are made with more affordable materials. However, both brands offer a range of products at various price points to fit different budgets.

Are there any differences in the warranties for Longerberger and Pampered Chef products?

Yes, there are differences in the warranties offered by Longerberger and Pampered Chef. Longerberger offers a lifetime warranty on their handcrafted products, while Pampered Chef offers a limited warranty on their products. Additionally, Longerberger offers a satisfaction guarantee, allowing customers to return or exchange products within 90 days of purchase.

Which brand offers better customer service?

Both Longerberger and Pampered Chef have a strong commitment to customer satisfaction and offer excellent customer service. However, Pampered Chef has a dedicated customer service team available by phone and email, while Longerberger relies on their independent consultants to handle customer inquiries and concerns.

Can I use Longerberger and Pampered Chef products together?

Yes, you can absolutely use Longerberger and Pampered Chef products together in your kitchen and home. In fact, many customers enjoy mixing and matching products from both brands to create a unique and functional space. Both brands offer a variety of kitchen and home products that can complement each other well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Laura4