1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Longerberger VS PC

1. nancycookspc

nancycookspc Member Gold Member

PLEASE help me out...

LOngaberger cons does not think PC is work it...

Please help me w. any facts

Sep 29, 2009
  2. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I'm sorry, but who's buying baskets in this economy? Everyone needs to eat. No one NEEDS an expensive basket, and that would likely be one of the first things cut from a budget!

Sep 29, 2009
  3. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

What exactly does the consultant not think is worth it? Is this a host, potential host? What setting are you in with this person?

4. pclinskie

pclinskie Member Silver Member

they used to pay and annual fee, not sure if that is still the case.
    they used to have to pay for their customers to use a credit card.

Sep 29, 2009
  5. hmolah

hmolah Member

Amen!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Not only does everyone eat, but everyone needs ideas for keeping their budgets down, and the best way for that is our recipes, cookbooks, products, and your service that they can't get at BBB or at a restaurant!

Sep 29, 2009
  6. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

I just got there catalog and here's what it says:

25% commision, own website for free (lb.com/?) set own hours, start your biz for $49 BUT thats only 1 basket PLUS $10 s&h. OR two other options are $169 $15 shipping, or $399 $30 s&h. Risk free, money back guarentee. Not sure how that works. check out the company's website.

Trust me, NO ONE will buy a basket compared to kitchen essentials. I like there stuff a lot but wouldn't buy. In the 10yrs I've known of the company this is the first year I bought a basket ONLY because it was under $50 on sale and I want it for my prize basket as mine if finally biting the dust! lol

Sep 29, 2009
  7. crystalscookingnow

crystalscookingnow Senior Member Gold Member

don't think about the facts of longaberger. Think about the facts of PC. Those you probably know or can find here or on pc.com. Give the facts about pc & DON'T bash the company that the person is a consultant for. It will probably not sit well with the consultant.

8. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

This is a very important point and is well taken. Give her facts about PC. Ask her what questions she has. Don't bash her company. It doesn't sound like she's deciding between the two but wants to know how it would work for her. Her comment could be because she isn't doing so well and is afraid PC would be more of the same.

Personally, I have a lot (TOO MANY!) of their baskets and I love them but I don't use them all and I can't justify buying any more. I can always find something to purchase for my kitchen and to help my time there be easier and more impressive.

Sep 29, 2009
  9. Judybabe

Judybabe Guest

I love Longerberger baskets! I have many of them and won't ever pay over $10 each.
    Goodwill and Garage sales!

Sep 29, 2009
  10. toenail1103

toenail1103 Novice Member

I too love my longaberger baskets but who has the money for them. especially when you can buy the dcb for the price of a nice size basket and feed your family quickly and cheaply in everyday instead of piling junk in it. But i agree with the above poster maybe she is thinking of a change. Hit the point that PC has done for you and your family and what you have made. I know that my sisters and my mom used to buy a basket a month a few years ago and they havent in about a year or so now. We are a product that you can use without the fear of it getting dirty and ruined by using it. Good luck you may have a new recruit! :)

Sep 29, 2009
  11. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I actually know someone who left PC for LB and LOVES it. I guess it's just a matter of who you know. If you have a circle of people who have the financial status to afford luxuries, then you'll do good in LB, if not you'll struggle.

I agree the majority of the people would do better with PC, but all you can do is provide her the details of our company, let her do her due diligence on LB and make her own informed decision on which move is the best one for her situation. ;) If she goes with PC, great! If not, you should respect her decision. There's somebody out there for every DS company. Each person just has to find their passion and go with it.

Sep 30, 2009
  12. heat123

heat123 Legend Member Silver Member

ITA, Nicely stated!

Sep 30, 2009
  13. nancycookspc

OK-
    Here's the scoop...
    SHe's a WACKO :eek:
    Really she is...she does not come across that way at first.

She sells Longaberger, She sells Avon, She signed up w/ Mary Kay and is REALLy upset that she bought 2K of product. She is frustrated that she signed w/ MK and needs to get rid of inventory.

She claims she does well..very well with Longaberger. But when we met for an interview she was impressed w/ my comm statements. I had a really good month sold 5K got paid like 1300. She was sold she wanted to sign up.

Then we start comparing companies. She claims they get 50 % as MK does. She did not like our 20% She does not see it worth her time. Now I tried to explain the tier of comm I guess she's stuck on 20% who knows.

Now I've been in contact w/ her for about 2 weeks. Everytime we speak I make an appt on when I should call HER back. SHe tells me. She can;t get the kit cause she has no money. OK, so I ask when should I follow up ?
    She say thurs after your show call me. So I do...I get an answer machine. Now I wait till Sun to call, left another message. So I call again Tues I GET her on the phone. She is rushed, and is trying to get out of the house we speak for a few moments, WHILE she is brushing her teeth! I suggest I call her back about 3pm tues ok she said. And she mentiones she feels I am pushing her! WHAT??? I let her make the choice on when to speak. I NEVER push for anyone...I will be persistant till you tell me No or I'll call you then I leave it alone.

Life got crazy got stuck at the store almost missed the school bus, my oldest comes home sick and has a 102 fever rush him to the Dr he has SWINE Flu!!! So I never call her at 3pm.

I call when thing in my house calm a bit. about 8pm. I get her on the phone and say who I am..and she says WHO? ok she now knows its me, she said I cannot talk right now I am in the middle of something. OK I ask when she thinks would be a better time? She says well I'm not going to be living here anymore and won;'t have a phone number. I'm stunned. I hung up the phone and threw her contact info in the TRASH! She is outta my life!

Sep 30, 2009
  14. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Wow. Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

Sep 30, 2009
  15. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

What Rae said. Just imagine what it'd be like if she did sign up. :eek:

Sep 30, 2009
  16. nancycookspc

WHY WHY WHY DO I always wind up with the psycho ones????
    any :rolleyes:

Sep 30, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted