• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Dressing for Success Help Boost My Pampered Chef Business?

In summary, the speaker signed up for Pampered Chef in October and was put under a director who lives in a different state. They have never attended a Kitchen Show with a director and are unsure of how to get more bookings. Suggestions were given to attend a hospitality director's show, wear VIP wear and talk to people about Pampered Chef, and offer to do a short cooking show at local businesses. They also mention finding support through teleclasses and online forums.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
OK. I signed up for PC in October. My upline director moved in the month of November out of State.
I was put under her director, who lives in No. Cal (I live in So. Cal).
My delima is that
1) I have never been to a Kitchen Show w/ a director to see how it really goes. I have been to previous shows w/ friends, and kinda got the swing of it.
2) I am all out of bookings and friends. I don't know where to go next to get bookings. The director that I am talking to has suggested an open house, but the people that would attend are all the people that have already booked w/ me,,KWIM
3) I am kinda out in the air with stuff. Thank God I found this site, because some of the questions that I have are already on here. With out this site, I would be up a creek w/ out a paddle.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
You ladies are wonderful!!!

First, I would go to your hospitality director's show to see how she does it. Secondly, do you have any VIP wear? If you don't you need to get at least one shirt to wear out of the house, if great then start wearing it...grocery store, doctor's, general errands and talk to everyone about it. Such as...at the grocery store, you could speak with the check out person and say "Don't you ever wonder what people are making with what they buy?" They are bound to say yes, when they do tell them that you are a PC consultant and tell her/him what you are going to make. When they say "oh that sounds good" you can say "well if you have a show I will make for you!" Then you will probably get some objections but then you can turn it into an express lunch at the grocery store and do a catalog show and offer an incentive for bookings! Do something like that everywhere you go. It's always better to invite/ask than not to and leave someone out of the loop. I have found that since I have broken out of my comfort zone that things are booming. I have more ideas but less time to type, my two y/o's are running around like crazy people!

Where in So Cal?You could attend my director's cooking shows! I'd never seen a live show until after my second year with the company (signed up because my mother had owned PC products and I was DYING w/o them in my apartment).

As for bookings, have you gone around your neighborhood with catalogs and knocked on doors to let them know they have a consultant in their area?

You can also offer to local businesses to do a short cooking show in their lunch room. Might get some contacts that way.

Have you tried any of the teleclasses? I found them very helpful when I was a consultant the first time...I just signed up again so I haven't had a chance to do them yet this time.
I wonder too if the home office might be able to set you up with a director who is closer to you.

I don't know who started these forums but I'm so grateful to whoever did! This is a fantastic source of encouragement and ideas. One thing I know about Pampered Chef...everyone wants everyone to succeed...there's no cut-throat, back-stabbing, stepping on heads to climb the corporate ladder. This business thrives because of the way we all encourage each other. It's hard to be alone in this business. Support is key.

I do hope all works out for you in your business. Don't give up...you'll find your answers. :)

soonerchef said:
First, I would go to your hospitality director's show to see how she does it. Secondly, do you have any VIP wear? If you don't you need to get at least one shirt to wear out of the house, if great then start wearing it...grocery store, doctor's, general errands and talk to everyone about it. Such as...at the grocery store, you could speak with the check out person and say "Don't you ever wonder what people are making with what they buy?" They are bound to say yes, when they do tell them that you are a PC consultant and tell her/him what you are going to make. When they say "oh that sounds good" you can say "well if you have a show I will make for you!" Then you will probably get some objections but then you can turn it into an express lunch at the grocery store and do a catalog show and offer an incentive for bookings! Do something like that everywhere you go. It's always better to invite/ask than not to and leave someone out of the loop. I have found that since I have broken out of my comfort zone that things are booming. I have more ideas but less time to type, my two y/o's are running around like crazy people!
I don't have any VIP wear. I have looked into it, but never did buy anything. I was wearing one of my aprons out, and that did draw attention, but no bookings.
I talk to people I know, and that is what you are talking about "my comfort zone". I have a hard time approaching people, and then even more intimidated by people that have been to PC shows previously. I hate that I feel that way!
I am going to try though, the worse they can do is "SAY NO". Right

ChefMommyinOC said:
You could attend my director's cooking shows! I'd never seen a live show until after my second year with the company (signed up because my mother had owned PC products and I was DYING w/o them in my apartment).

As for bookings, have you gone around your neighborhood with catalogs and knocked on doors to let them know they have a consultant in their area?

You can also offer to local businesses to do a short cooking show in their lunch room. Might get some contacts that way.
WOW, you are in OC. I live 20 min outside of Palm Springs, in a little town called Beaumont. I have a hospitality director that has meetings once a month on conflicting nights w/ my sons soccer practice (a whole other story).
I have gone around my neiborhood, and no takers. I will be moving to another area, which is a new development, and thought about hitting them up now, and then I can be thier neighbor in a few months.
HMMMMMM, local businesses. You know, I am thinking of joining WW and I have a friend that attends the classes now. I told her about the WW info that we have w/ recipes and points.
I do need to follow up on that. That could be a great lead!

Chozengirl said:
the worse they can do is "SAY NO". Right

Right, writing a tip from my "real world" sales days...every "No" is one step closer to a "Yes!"

Chozengirl said:
conflicting nights w/ my sons soccer practice
How about doing an open house for a "get to know the parents" night for the soccer team?

barbchan said:
Have you tried any of the teleclasses? I found them very helpful when I was a consultant the first time...I just signed up again so I haven't had a chance to do them yet this time.
I wonder too if the home office might be able to set you up with a director who is closer to you.

I don't know who started these forums but I'm so grateful to whoever did! This is a fantastic source of encouragement and ideas. One thing I know about Pampered Chef...everyone wants everyone to succeed...there's no cut-throat, back-stabbing, stepping on heads to climb the corporate ladder. This business thrives because of the way we all encourage each other. It's hard to be alone in this business. Support is key.

I do hope all works out for you in your business. Don't give up...you'll find your answers. :)

Teleclasses, now there is an idea. What are they again? I have been doing recruiting phone conferences on Sat. mornings, but teleclasses are the ones that you call in and listen to the training, right?
Totally agree w/ you regarding the "everyone wants everyone to succeed." My head director is that way, it is just hard when we are over 8 hours away from each other and everything is done via phone.
You girls are great,,, Thanks for the tips and ideas!

soonerchef said:
Chozengirl said:
conflicting nights w/ my sons soccer practice
How about doing an open house for a "get to know the parents" night for the soccer team?
I am actually talking to the team mom about having a fundraiser WOOHOO! We are ironing out the details now.
I have a teeny house right now, and am in the process of selling, but we are looking into using a local building, and having parents invite family and then w/ the $3 per booking, I am going to add on $2 per booking, when thier show is held or set in stone, and I know they aren't messing around w/ me,,,KWIM

soonerchef said:
Right, writing a tip from my "real world" sales days...every "No" is one step closer to a "Yes!"
OOOH I like that one.
It is just so hard to 'just' talk to people. I do not like it, and am kind of person that waits for people to approach me.

Booking - add on from consultantWhat I did when I did a fundraiser through my daughters dance; I said PC would give $3.00 for each booking and I'd match that and give $3.00 after the COMPLETION of the booking, as long as it was held during dance season, or held by C date and I picked the date.

One thing that came to mind just recently, don't know if you'd want to do this or not, but meet with the fundraiser people and say, for each piece of set of cookware sold through the fundraiser, I'll also through in $1.00 or $2.00 (whatever you can do)!! So you now are making the % and $1.00 for each one sold. Gets the buzz out and maybe you'll sell lots of those try me Sauté pans!! (Can you say "Pan-o-rama points??":eek: )

HTH,

Lisa

I'm fairly new , 6months in. I try to were something PC everywhere I go. I carry a PC bag, Have PC and website on my car.. It works great..I am always being asked about PC and get lots of contacts

what do you wear?
I just tried looking through my paper work and can't find the pamplet w/ the clothes on it.
I also saw on a link here where they sell purse type things too.
Anyone know?
I tried a search, but no luck :\

For the clothes...I know this might be a taboo subject on here, but for all us folks tryin to earn $$ not spend it...I bought my PC shirt (have it on now...so cute) on eBay. It looks just like one I saw on VIP and even though I know I shouldn't be buying anything PC from eBay, I figure its not as bad as buying the actual kitchen products and I bought my shirt before I had my consultant ID because I was soooo excited! I couldn't help myself! I LOVE my shirt and wear it all the time! I have had a few people compliment me on it, but haven't worn it enough to get any solid leads from yet. I figure that my $11 investment (that's with shipping!) will eventually pay off.

Anyway, if you want to order a shirt the 'leagal' way, you go to consultants corner and under the Promoting Your Business tab, you click on Merchandise Vendors. At the bottom of that page, you click on VIP. They have all the clothing. Once you log into VIP, you can select Women's Apparel from the menu on the left. Its really pretty easy. I want some of the Help Whip Cancer products. I love Pink!

Hope you find some new leads soon! I understand what you mean about getting outside the comfort zone. I am right there with you! I just take baby steps. You'll do great!

~Kristen

I find that wearing my PC clothing gets me in "PC mode" and my attitude changes and the shirts remind me to talk about PC and it tells people that I am for real, that I just don't talk the talk but I walk the walk!

I don't know if this will be of any help but.............

I enjoy the flylady website for housework and she says that when you get up in the morning, dress all the way down to your shoes. That means, shower, put makeup on if you wear it, get dressed, and wear your shoes...not house slippers, not sandles, but the ones that tie. That way you are dressed for work and will be less likely to find yourself sitting around relaxing all day.
This makes sense to me as far as our businesses go too. Maybe if we dress down to the shoes and put on our aprons we will be more business minded and find it easier to make those calls and organize our stuff!
I work in a c-store on weekends and often see waitresses in their complete uniform, apron and all. Would it be so bad to run errands in town wearing the apron? It also may be a good way to stay in the PC mindset and start conversations with people.

1. How can I find help for my long delimma?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of resources to help with any cooking dilemma you may have. Our website has a section dedicated to tips and tricks, as well as a community forum where you can ask for advice from other Pampered Chef consultants and customers. You can also reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant for personalized assistance.

2. What types of recipes can I find to help with my long delimma?

We have a wide range of recipes on our website that are designed to help with any cooking dilemma. From quick and easy weeknight meals to fancy dinner party dishes, our recipes are tried and tested by our team of chefs and consultants. You can also filter your search by ingredient, meal type, and dietary restrictions to find the perfect recipe for your needs.

3. Can I schedule a cooking class to learn how to deal with my long delimma?

Yes, we offer in-person and virtual cooking classes where our consultants can teach you how to tackle any cooking dilemma you may have. Our classes cover a variety of topics, from knife skills to meal planning, and are a great way to improve your cooking skills and confidence in the kitchen.

4. Are there any products that can help with my long delimma?

Absolutely! Our products are designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient. From our versatile cookware and kitchen tools to our meal prep containers and cookbooks, we have everything you need to conquer any cooking dilemma. You can browse our products on our website or contact your local consultant for recommendations.

5. How can I stay updated on new tips and products to help with my long delimma?

Make sure to follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter for updates on new products and tips. You can also join our community forum and connect with other Pampered Chef enthusiasts to exchange tips and ideas. And don't forget to attend our virtual and in-person events for even more cooking inspiration and advice!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DeniseT
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
DeniseT
Replies
Views
baychef
  • crisbm103
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies