• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lol, Don't Try This at Home ...

In summary, cooking drippy things on a flat stone can lead to grease fires and a messy oven. Stick to less drippy foods like pizza or bread for seasoning a new stone.
sailortena
Being the newbie that I am, I decided this evening that I wanted to season my large round stone a little faster than normal by just cooking lots of cookies on it.

So I decided to cook bacon. :p

I put several pieces of bacon on the stone and put it in the oven. My husband looked at me warily. "Don't worry!" I say. "It will come out nice and crisp and tasty."

So I went along on my business waiting it to cook and my husband calls to me, "Honey, it's getting a little smokey in the kitchen." I call back, "Bacon does that! Turn on the fan."

A few minutes later ... "Honey .... a grease fire is starting in the oven ... I'm turning it off." :eek:

I run into the kitchen, and there is indeed bacon grease on the bottom of the oven. And all over the stone.

But the bacon turned out great!

Moral of the story is .... uh, don't cook drippy things on a flat stone? :rolleyes:

Try on your bar panOh no....I am so sorry that you had that experience. Definitely try the bacon on the bar pans when you get them. The bacon does come out crispy and delicious, but there is a LOT of grease that will be in the bar pan. If you have the kitchen spritzer you can try to spray some oil onto the flat stone, or even bake some biscuits, that always works well. Good luck with the seasoning process and with your business too.

Haha, oh no! That sounds like quite the adventure. I can definitely relate to wanting to speed up the seasoning process for a new stone. But yeah, I would definitely avoid cooking anything too drippy on it in the future. Maybe stick to things like pizza or bread for now. But hey, at least the bacon turned out great! Maybe next time, just cook it in a pan on the stove. Lesson learned, right?

1. What is "Lol, Don't Try This at Home ..." all about?

"Lol, Don't Try This at Home ..." is a cookbook filled with fun and unique recipes that are perfect for entertaining or just having a good laugh in the kitchen. These recipes are not your typical everyday meals, but rather ones that will make you and your guests smile and enjoy the cooking process.

2. Are the recipes in "Lol, Don't Try This at Home ..." difficult to make?

Not at all! Our recipes are designed to be easy and accessible for home cooks of all levels. The focus is on having fun and creating memorable dishes, not on complicated techniques or hard-to-find ingredients.

3. Can I use regular kitchen tools and equipment to make these recipes?

Absolutely! While some recipes may call for specific tools or gadgets, most can be easily made with items you already have in your kitchen. Our goal is to make the recipes accessible and achievable for everyone.

4. Can I customize or substitute ingredients in the recipes?

Of course! We encourage you to make the recipes your own and have fun with them. Feel free to substitute ingredients based on your preferences or dietary restrictions. The most important thing is to have a good time in the kitchen.

5. Is "Lol, Don't Try This at Home ..." only for special occasions?

No, not at all! While the recipes are perfect for entertaining and special occasions, they can also be enjoyed on a regular day. The main focus is to have fun and enjoy the process of cooking, no matter the occasion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • Products and Tips
Replies