• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Surprise Hair Transformation: Revealing My Excitement!

In summary, a woman is about to have her hair chopped short, and her boyfriend is not happy about it. She has donated her hair to Locks of Love before, and her daughters have done the same.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I am so excited I could scream..but I really would like to make this a surprise for most of the people who know me. Right now I have hair down to my butt. But I have an appointment in about 1 hour and 15 minutes to get it CHOPPED. It will be now around the top of my neck. I am so excited about it. And I have been able to keep it a secret for a while now but now today I am about to burst. I got some people thinking on FB because all I have as my status is I AM SO EXCITED! My sister thinks she knows why but I know that she has NO CLUE!

My boyfriend is not THRILLED with the idea. He likes long hair. So I told him to just think of the kid that will get the wig made from it and that should make it all better.

Sorry I just had to share my excitement with someone. And you all are the only ones I can tell without ruining my surprise.

I have donated mine twice now. DH wasn't exactly thrilled but hair does grow back.

wadesgirl said:
I have donated mine twice now. DH wasn't exactly thrilled but hair does grow back.

Yes it does. Last year I got my hair highlighted the beginning of June so last night I made a point of showing him the line between highlighted and unhighlighted so that he could see how much it grew in the last year.

That is awesome.

I thought they wouldn't accept color treated hair though.

Yes they do. It just can't be bleached.

Yes, Heidi, I just went and found the guidelines.
I have always wanted to do this, but mine gets so fried at the ends. I am excited for you and hope you enjoy the short hair for the summer.

GUIDELINES FOR ACCEPTABLE DONATIONS
Hair that is colored or permed is acceptable.
Hair cut years ago is usable if it has been stored in a ponytail or braid.
Hair that has been bleached (usually this refers to highlighted hair) is not usable. If unsure, ask your stylist.
Hair that is swept off of the floor is not usable.
Hair that is shaved off and not in a ponytail or braid is not usable.
We cannot accept dreadlocks. Our manufacturer is not able to use them in our children's hairpieces. We also cannot accept wigs, falls, hair extensions or synthetic hair.
Layered hair is acceptable if the longest layer is 10 inches.
Layered hair may be divided into multiple ponytails.
Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum 10 inches.
10 inches measured tip to tip is the minimum length needed for a hairpiece.
Please Note: Shorter hair will be separated from the ponytails and sold to offset the manufacturing costs. Although the shorter hair cannot be used in the hairpieces, it still greatly helps to reduce costs.
Gray hair will be accepted and sold to offset the manufacturing costs.

Yeah I went on the website the other day because I wanted to know about sending it in. I didn't realize that my hairdresser would do that for me. I did it one other time. It was the week before I left for the Air Force it was great for Basic training. Although it was not required it was the best decision that I made. When I got it done that time I went to JC Penney Salon because they would cut it for free if you donated it to Locks Of Love.

Now you are really making me want to do this, but mine is really in such bad shape. I have naturally frizzy hair that I usually try to tame with a flat iron and end up frying it.

Both of my daughters have donated their hair to Locks for Love, I love to tell the story of my oldest daughter, when my son was about 2 months, he was in the childrens hospital in Austin, Texas for 2 months for Acid reflex (he had it bad), dh came for a visit and asked me why the girl next door didn't have any hair. So when I explained it to my then 4 year old. She exlaimed, that she bet that little girl would love her red hair, then when I explained to her that could be possible with locks for love, she was all game.. her hair too was past her rear..
Well this last week my younger daughter, 8 years old, now, wanted to cut her hair for locks for love, as a present for her birthday... I just have the sweetest girls when they want to be!!!!

What a blessing you have giving some lucky person!! Thank-you!!!!!!

My daughter and I donated together last year!! She was 7 and it was such a great experience for us to do together. She is already talking about doing it again, she just wants her hair to get a bit longer!!

That's awesome! I have been able to donate once and it felt great that I was helping someone else.

Ladies, thank you all. I work with cancer survivors, and things like this make such a difference. Even for those who don't need it or don't directly benefit, just knowing someone would do this for a stranger in a situation like theirs makes such a big difference.Thanks again for bringing a little more light into the world
Marghi

God bless all of you who have done this.

Well I did it..and I love it. I have had short hair before but this is my favorite.

I had to laugh at my hairdresser before she cut it she said can we donate it. I said ABSOLUTELY. I kept thinking what the heck do I want it for. And I certainly don't want it just thrown away.

I will post before and after pictures on here a little later.

I've done it a few times before, and am happy to see so many generous cheffers here have done so too. The last time I did it, my son mentioned that someone was going to be so excited to get curly hair. When I asked why...he said, everyone knows you need to keep curly long so I don't think a lot of girls give their curly hair away. :)

I did it on the five year anniversary of being in remission. I had grown it from bald til then. I even sent a note with it (hoping someone read it) telling of my original diagnosis of Stage 4 with 2 months and that I hoped the hair I was sending would pass on the karma. One of my dear friends also did it as a tribute to me while I was fighting. I have now been cancer free for 11 years! Thank you to all who have done this!

Darlene that is AWESOME. Thanks for sharing. I got chills reading your post. Congrats on being Cancer Free for 11 years.

Oh my what wonderful hearts you all have. Made me cry! You are awesome! I have a friend who has a wig from Locks of Love. She is 12 this year and would not leave her room until she got her wig. She went back to school and has been in remission since. She has some sort of blood cancer but I can not remember what it is. Not leukemia though. So on her behalf, BIG HUGE HUGS!

pampered1224 said:
Oh my what wonderful hearts you all have. Made me cry! You are awesome! I have a friend who has a wig from Locks of Love. She is 12 this year and would not leave her room until she got her wig. She went back to school and has been in remission since. She has some sort of blood cancer but I can not remember what it is. Not leukemia though. So on her behalf, BIG HUGE HUGS!

Maybe it was lymphoma. That is what I had. It is normally found in the lymph nodes but travels using your blood system.

Thanks for the encouragement Heidi and THANK YOU! for starting this thread and passing on the message!

My daughter did it two years ago, at the age of 8, and we were so proud of her. She is letting her hair grow long to do it again. Now my 6-year old wants to do it too. A year later, last Christmas, I surprised her by framing the certificate I printed for her from the Locks for Love website. (Notice her length of hair- It was above her shoulders when cut, and grows like crazy).

Attachments

• nichole.jpg
    nichole.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 278
  • nichole2.jpg
    nichole2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
chefheidi2003 said:
Well I did it..and I love it. I have had short hair before but this is my favorite.

I had to laugh at my hairdresser before she cut it she said can we donate it. I said ABSOLUTELY. I kept thinking what the heck do I want it for. And I certainly don't want it just thrown away.

I will post before and after pictures on here a little later.

I'd love to see the pics! :)

babywings76 said:
I'd love to see the pics! :)

I am having issues posting them. What am I doing wrong? I tried to attach them but it gave me an error message saying about security code is missing..hhmm..I will see what I can do. I would like to post some

So glad to see that I am among an awesome group. I had mine cut a few years back and donated it as well. It is naturally curly, and was down to the middle of my back. It's down that long again (maybe longer) and I'm considering doing it again. It is so much easier to work with on days that I have shows when it's shorter...

1. Can you explain the surprise hair transformation process?

The surprise hair transformation process is a personalized experience where a consultant will work with you to determine your desired look and then create a customized hair transformation using our Pampered Chef hair products. The surprise element comes in when you reveal your new hairstyle and see the excitement on your face!

2. How do I book a surprise hair transformation appointment?

You can book a surprise hair transformation appointment by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant or by hosting a Pampered Chef party. Your consultant will work with you to schedule a time that is convenient for both of you.

3. Is the surprise hair transformation suitable for all hair types?

Yes, the surprise hair transformation is suitable for all hair types. Our consultants are trained to work with a variety of hair textures and styles to create a personalized transformation that will suit your individual needs.

4. How long does the surprise hair transformation appointment take?

The length of the surprise hair transformation appointment can vary depending on the complexity of your desired look. On average, the appointment can take anywhere from 1-2 hours. Your consultant will be able to give you a more accurate estimate during the consultation process.

5. Can I purchase the Pampered Chef hair products used during the surprise hair transformation?

Yes, you can purchase the Pampered Chef hair products used during the surprise hair transformation from your consultant. They will also be able to provide you with tips and techniques on how to maintain your new hairstyle using these products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
raebates