• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Our Local Grocery Store Closing? What Will Happen to the Employees?

In summary, The local grocery store in AZ is on the list of stores that is closing. The only family-owned grocery store chain in AZ is going bankrupt and is closing 14 more stores. The new Walmart grocery store didn't even hire many checkers, and the nearest store is a mega store that is taking forever to walk.
BlessedWifeMommy
I'm so sad. The only Family owned Grocery Store chain in AZ is in bankruptcy, and is closing 14 more stores. Turns out our local one is on the list.

This sinks I'm so upset for the people who work there. They will all soon be without a job.

Oh and the next closest store is a mega store and it takes forever to walk it, and if I end up forgetting something (the few time I've gone there) it is better just to go without it than to walk all that way back. Ugh!

Sounds like a good place to start recruiting, even though it's a total bummer.

I feel your pain. A Walmart grocery store opened. Within 2 years, 4 nearby local grocery stores closed. The new Walmart didn't even hire many checkers. There are only 4 lanes with checkers and the rest are self-check lanes, run into a problem every time and have to wait for someone to come reset the machine with their employee number.

I have a local grocery store almost across the street from my house. It is so convenient, and very easy in and out. The wonderful township board just overturned the master plan for the township in order to build a bigger, fancier grocery store in a residential/rural area. The plan is for the store across the street from me to close when this one opens. I am very sad to be losing my neighborhood grocery store, so I totally understand your pain!

mrshamel3808 said:
Sounds like a good place to start recruiting, even though it's a total bummer.

I actually woke up thinking that this morning. :thumbup:

Thanks for commiserating. It has really been on my mind. There are some really nice people that are going to be hurt by this. My husband talked to one of the employees and they said those with lots of time with the company, may be moved to other stores. They have to stay open for 60 days, since they have more than 50 employees. They are trying to save the company, not just closing all stores.

I'm definitely going to be carrying some extra recruiting info with me.

1. What is the reason for the local grocery store closing?

The local grocery store is closing due to a decline in sales and increased competition from larger chain stores.

2. Will there be any sales or discounts before the store closes?

This decision is ultimately up to the store's management, but it is common for stores to offer discounts and sales before closing their doors for good.

3. How will this affect the availability of products from local farmers and suppliers?

Unfortunately, with the store closing, it is likely that they will no longer be able to source products from local farmers and suppliers. This may impact the availability of certain products in the future.

4. Are there any plans to open a new grocery store in the area?

At this time, there are no plans for a new grocery store to open in the same location. However, there may be other stores in the area that will fill the void left by the closing store.

5. Will Pampered Chef continue to sell products at this location after the grocery store closes?

No, unfortunately, with the grocery store closing, Pampered Chef will no longer have a presence at this location. However, our products will still be available for purchase through our website or through independent consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefshawna
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies