1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Local Grocery Store Closing

1. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I'm so sad. The only Family owned Grocery Store chain in AZ is in bankruptcy, and is closing 14 more stores. Turns out our local one is on the list.

This sinks I'm so upset for the people who work there. They will all soon be without a job.

Oh and the next closest store is a mega store and it takes forever to walk it, and if I end up forgetting something (the few time I've gone there) it is better just to go without it than to walk all that way back. Ugh!

2. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

Sounds like a good place to start recruiting, even though it's a total bummer.

Aug 10, 2009
  3. ShellBeach

ShellBeach Veteran Member

I feel your pain. A Walmart grocery store opened. Within 2 years, 4 nearby local grocery stores closed. The new Walmart didn't even hire many checkers. There are only 4 lanes with checkers and the rest are self-check lanes, run into a problem every time and have to wait for someone to come reset the machine with their employee number.

Aug 11, 2009
  4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I have a local grocery store almost across the street from my house. It is so convenient, and very easy in and out. The wonderful township board just overturned the master plan for the township in order to build a bigger, fancier grocery store in a residential/rural area. The plan is for the store across the street from me to close when this one opens. I am very sad to be losing my neighborhood grocery store, so I totally understand your pain!

Aug 11, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

I actually woke up thinking that this morning. :thumbup:

6. BlessedWifeMommy

Thanks for commiserating. It has really been on my mind. There are some really nice people that are going to be hurt by this. My husband talked to one of the employees and they said those with lots of time with the company, may be moved to other stores. They have to stay open for 60 days, since they have more than 50 employees. They are trying to save the company, not just closing all stores.

I'm definitely going to be carrying some extra recruiting info with me.

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted