• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help with Loaf Pan Baking: Issues and Solutions

In summary, the conversation revolved around a vendor's frustration with a customer who complained about her loaf pans not baking properly. The vendor suggested it could be an issue with the customer's oven and others agreed. They also discussed the possibility of the customer being jealous of the vendor's success. The vendor plans to follow up with the customer and possibly suggest she contact the solution center for assistance.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I did a booth today and had some issues, but hopefully I can get on phone and get some bookings. No one wanted to set up right there, they were at farmer's market and didn't have calendar.

Anyone, one of the other vendors comes over at one of my busiest times :yuck: and starts complaining about her Loaf Pans and how she gets either BURNT bread, RAW bread or BOTH and she's ready to bring them back to me :grumpy: (not her consultant, never saw this woman before today in my life).

I'm trying to help someone else, but bread pan lady is getting really loud and bashing PC, so I excused myself from other person and asked if she had read directions on loaf pan before using......."Why should I, I've been baking for years?" and I said, "well each kind of pan is different and I know my old air bake pans don't bake same as Stoneware Loaf pan." I asked her "if oven temp was accurate?? Was pan(s) centered in oven??" I was trying to think of anything and everything to shut this women up :eek:

What do you think could be her problem with baking in these?? She wants me to call her this week with a solution. :confused:

I hate when I run into people like this and I did ask if she called consultant she ordered from and she said NO, she doesn't like to be bothered with things like this!! :eek: Isn't it part of our job to be sure people are satisfied with their products?? I try to make sure of that, but can't please everyone all the time.

She did say, this has happened whether it's quick breads (banana, apple) or "real" breads (white, wheat). So I'm leaning more and more towards it's her oven.

Help, suggestions??

Lisa

Sounds like her oven's not up to temp when she puts the bread in. If the oven is still coming up to temp, that means the heat is constantly on in order to get the mass (air, oven walls, etc.) up to the desired temp. Bread getting that amount of heat at the beginning of the bake time will definitely affect how it's baked. Many people make the mistake of not waiting long enough for their oven to heat before putting the food in.

I have used my loaf pan for only quick breads and it has been wonderful. Surprisingly wonderful!

I agree with Ann that the over temp probably isn't stable. I guess it could be a defect, but it probably isn't under warranty anymore.

And, BTW, that lady sounds totally annoying.

Go to her home and make the bread with her. It's worth an hour of your life to shut her up. Whle there, recruit her to have a show or become a consultant.Someone who complains is someone who cares about products! God bless; take care.

I too have to agree with everyone here. Go make bread. And the only defective thing you will probably find is her, pause for effect here, oven.
I have two and have never had any problem with them. And if she is having issues with every kind of bread she is making, I too would lean toward here oven being the culprit. Or she is by not using it properly. Which again, I find hard to believe because I have cheated at times and not waited for the oven to be totally preheated, but I still never have issues that drastic.

Well I'm going to be making follow up calls starting tomorrow afternoon to people who stopped at my booth, so I'm hoping I can convince her it's the oven or like you said, let me knwo come with her and see........she was just suck a PIB that I really don't want to spend anymore time with her and am afraid a show would be my WORST nightmare. I can forsee many problems.

I think I'll pray about words to say and see how it goes. I was so trying not to be flippent with this lady, but she really irkked me in front of other customers.

Lisa

Hmmm, probably her biggest problem is that as a vendor, she was jealous about how busy you were.

You could give her the solution center number so she could talk to the directly about her pans. They could give her suggestion. I wouldn't go too crazy trying to solve her problem, because people like that won't appreciate it, and when she needs a product or a party, she'll go to HER consultant, not you.

Did you hear any more about this?

PamperedchefDaly said:
Hmmm, probably her biggest problem is that as a vendor, she was jealous about how busy you were.

You could give her the solution center number so she could talk to the directly about her pans. They could give her suggestion. I wouldn't go too crazy trying to solve her problem, because people like that won't appreciate it, and when she needs a product or a party, she'll go to HER consultant, not you.

I agree with this! I wouldn't waste too much time on her. And if she persists, tell her she'll need to either contact the HO herself or go through her regular consultant because you won't have the information needed to assist her (assuming its within the 3yrs). At most, suggesting a $10 oven thermometer (not sure how much they are, but I know they aren't much) if she wants to be sure- and it may help with other areas in her cooking ;). She's obviously a novice with stone-cooking. Sometimes you have to adjust the time a few minutes. I cook whole wheat bread all the time in mine- takes about 25-28 minutes and I have no problems whatsoever.

esavvymom said:
I agree with this! I wouldn't waste too much time on her. And if she persists, tell her she'll need to either contact the HO herself or go through her regular consultant because you won't have the information needed to assist her (assuming its within the 3yrs). At most, suggesting a $10 oven thermometer (not sure how much they are, but I know they aren't much) if she wants to be sure- and it may help with other areas in her cooking ;). .

I agree with this suggestion. I had to get one for my oven because it preheats too slow and when it beeps to say it is up to temp, its not. AND the oven was only 2 years old when I realized this and had to buy the thermometer. So it can even happen to a newer oven. Good luck. I'd say if you can't get anywhere with her, I agree to just give her HO number. Just say that they designed it so they should have more tips/suggestions.
Good luck!

1. How do I prevent my loaf from sticking to the pan?

Before pouring in the batter, make sure to thoroughly grease the loaf pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray. You can also line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper for extra insurance against sticking.

2. Why does my loaf always come out uneven or lopsided?

This could be due to uneven distribution of batter in the pan. Make sure to spread the batter evenly in the pan before baking. You can also tap the pan gently on the counter to help settle the batter and remove any air bubbles.

3. How can I prevent my loaf from burning on the outside but being undercooked on the inside?

Try lowering the oven temperature and baking the loaf for a longer time. You can also cover the loaf with aluminum foil halfway through baking to prevent the top from browning too quickly.

4. My loaf always collapses in the middle, what am I doing wrong?

This could be due to overmixing the batter, which can cause too much air to be incorporated and result in a collapsed loaf. It could also be caused by opening the oven door too frequently while the loaf is baking. Make sure to follow the recipe and avoid overmixing, and try to resist the urge to peek at the loaf while it's baking.

5. How can I get a nice crispy crust on my loaf?

For a crispy crust, try brushing the top of the loaf with butter or egg wash before baking. You can also place a pan of hot water on the bottom rack of the oven while the loaf is baking to create steam, which will help create a crispy crust on the bread.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Laura420
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedposey
  • mspibb
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kreaser
  • trps