• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Losing 50 lbs in 30 Days: Lite Cooking Recipes

In summary, Julie Myers went to her yearly checkup and was told by her doctor that she needs to lose weight. She has been practicing on recipes from the "Lite and Lovely" cookbook and found a theme show for Lite Cooking Recipes. There are a few light recipes in the "All The Best" cookbook. She asks for suggestions of appetizers, main dishes and desserts for the show. Some people suggested chicken caesar salad pizza and lemon pepper crab canapes. The doctor wants to see her in 30 days so this is a serious issue. Julie has made some recipes from the "It's Good for You" cookbook and always
pkd09
Silver Member
HELP...Just came back from my yearly checkup and need to drop 50 lbs. Since I am in SS2 I have been practicing on wonderful PC recipes (many loaded with calories). I have an idea of a theme show of Lite Cooking Recipes. Does anyone have any suggestions of appetizers, main dishes and desserts for this? Doctor wants to see me in 30 days so this is serious.

There are a few light recipes in the Season's Best cookbooks. Let me know if I can help you in anyway. :)

For my light shows I like to do the Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza (It's Good for You Cookbook) and the Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake (All the Best Cookbook). They are both very yummy!

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

You could also try these from the All The Best Cookbook ~
Spring Pasta Stir Fry
Summer Tortellini Salad
Oriental Vegetable Pizza
Lemon Pepper Crab Canapes
Apple Berry Salsa
All of the above have a low-fat version.
The Summer Tortellini salad is a favorite of mine. :)
I hope this helps !!

Thank youThank you for your input. I will try a lot of them. I appreciate the help available on this web site. I suck it up like a sponge. Thank you all!!!:)

I've made the following recipes from the It's Good For You Cookbook and they are always a hit! Let me know if you need any recipes.

Salmon Cakes Cool Lime Sauce
Mexican Bean Dip
Lively Lemon Bars

Could you post the recipe for the Mexican Bean Dip?

Mexican Bean Dip from It's Good For YouMexican Bean Dip

1 can (16oz) 99% fat-free refried black beans
3/4 cup (3oz) reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese, divided
3/4 cup thick and chunky salsa, divided
2 tsp lime juice
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 tsp Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
3/4 cup diced red bell pepper, divided
1/2 cup whole kernel corn
2 tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
Lime Tortilla Chips (recipe follows)

1. Preheat oven to 350F. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine refried beans, 1/2 cup of the cheese, 1/4 cup of the salsa, lime juice, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and seasoning mix. Spread bean mixture into bottom of Mini Baker.

2. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the bell pepper and corn evenly over bean mixture. Spoon remaining salsa over corn mixture. Bake 22-25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining cheese, remaining bell pepper and cilantro. Garnish with sour cream, if desired. Serve with Lime Tortilla Chips.

Yield: 14 servings

-----------

Lime Tortilla Chips

8 (7 inch) flour tortillas
2 tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp coarse salt

1. Preheat oven to 400F. Brush one side of each tortilla with lime juice; sprinkly lightly with salt. Cut each tortilla into eight wedges; arrange half of the tortilla wedges in a single layer on Large Round Stone. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and crisp.

2. Remove from baking stone; cool completely. Repeat with remaining tortilla wedges.

Yield: 64 chips (16 servings)

I double the vote on the Salmon Cakes with Cool Lime Sauce... that sauce is outstanding!!!

I also LOVE , in the "IT's Good for You" cookbook... the Skinny Chicken Stroganoff, and the Quick Chicken Curry!!! YUMMMY!
BUT with the Chicken Curry, I use regular Coconut milk, not lowfat... sorry, I've tried it both ways, and it is 10 times better with regular coconut milk.

Someone out there may have the old discontinued "lite'' cookbook... they discontinued it about four years ago, and I never got it. I can't remember what it was called , but it was a smaller cookbook, not spiral bound... something like "lite and lively"...? I don't remember.

I was thinking it would be fun to do a "Recipes to Die(t) For" show and choose ones from the It's Good For You cookbook. Maybe the california wraps and lively lemon bars. Or something summery and cool.

Light and Simple?Is that the one you're talking about?

1. Can I really lose 50 lbs in just 30 days with these lite cooking recipes?

While everyone's weight loss journey is different and results may vary, these lite cooking recipes are designed to help you make healthier food choices and aid in weight loss. Consistently following a balanced diet and incorporating exercise will also play a significant role in achieving your weight loss goals.

2. Are these recipes difficult to make?

No, these recipes are specifically created to be simple and quick to prepare. They use basic cooking techniques and readily available ingredients to make healthy and delicious meals in no time.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make these recipes?

No, these recipes can be made with basic kitchen equipment that most people already have. Some recipes may call for a specific kitchen tool, but it is not necessary to make the dish.

4. Are the ingredients expensive?

Not at all. These recipes use affordable and accessible ingredients that can be found at most grocery stores. In fact, cooking at home with these recipes can save you money compared to eating out or buying pre-packaged meals.

5. Are these recipes suitable for people with dietary restrictions?

Yes, these recipes offer a variety of options for different dietary needs. They include vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options, as well as tips for making substitutions to fit your specific dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnikkir
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies