1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Listing Shows on Personal Website

1. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

Do you list shows on the calendar page of your personal website? What do you include in the description line? Anything creative to draw interest in a cooking show or catalog show?

Mar 1, 2006
  2. I do!

I feel like when guests or hosts are looking around that they are likely to click on that link and see what's going on. ESPECIALLY if they are interested in the biz, I would think they would like to see what I'm up to, how busy I am, etc. Personally, I list info about what my host gets for doing a show, you can check me out /tiffanyoneill. I am thinking though, for a cooking show, you could tell what recipe you are making or what theme you are doing, etc. MAKE IT FUN!!

3. AJPratt

I like what you've done!

Mar 1, 2006
  4. kitchencop

kitchencop Member Silver Member

I also.....

fill my calendar on the website...I think it creates excitement for the Hosts to see their name and info, and it is helpful for their guests as well....if you want you can see mine (ours) at /kitchencop

Mar 1, 2006
  5. AJPratt

Christina: All I can say is WOW!

Mar 2, 2006
  6. sOhSherri

sOhSherri Member

I post theme show info. about each show, order info. for outside orders or ordering online. When the show is finished but not yet closed (I allow about 5-6 days after the show) I post show closing info too (when it is closing, etc.) I also post tidbits about the show, what recipe(s) was sampled, etc. I keep it full too and update often.

BTW, Tiffany, great idea about also posting what the host is getting (benefits). I added that to each of my shows.

Feel free to check it out /pamperedsherrimc

Mar 2, 2006
  7. AJPratt

What a great site!

Mar 2, 2006
  8. sOSherri - Question for you??

I was checking out your website.. that was amazing! Great job.. I did notice one thing on your 03/16/06 St. Patty's show you featured these Menu features: Rockin' Reuben Ring, Shamrock Dip with crackers, and Leprechaun Lime Drink. -

Could you email me those recipes? Especially the Leprechaun Lime drink?

Thank you.

Mar 3, 2006
  9. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Advanced Member Gold Member

Here what I do

I list my shows and include the following in the description:

If you are unable to attend and would like to place on order go to the Home page, and click the Order Products button in the bottom left corner:

Host's First Name: Jane
    Host's Last Name: Doe

If you do not want to place an order online, contact Jane to view a catalog and place an order.

Orders will be submitted on March 23rd and should arrive at the host's home 7-10 days after that.

If you have any questions, please call or email me. (209) 482-6953 smlagier@msn.com

As information about the show updates (theme, recipe chosen, etc) I will update here also.

I also include any festivals or fairs that I will have a booth at and offer an incentive if customers stop by and mention that they say the information on my website.

Mar 3, 2006
  10. varga11

varga11 Novice Member

St Patty's day

Lorianne,
    If you are looking for St Patty Day ideas there is an awesome thread by DebPC in the theme section of this website!

Mar 4, 2006
  11. thank you :)

Mar 6, 2006
  12. lizcooks4u

lizcooks4u Advanced Member

Personal website calendar

Is there a way to delete off old shows??

Tia

Mar 6, 2006
  13. RachelNguyen

RachelNguyen Guest

Yes, you can delete a show at any time. And you are limited to ten calendar events.

I have put my open house at the very top of the pile... followed by my shows in order of date.

Love+
    Rachel

/rachelnguyen

14. AJPratt

Just wanted to bump this up to see if anyone had any new ideas!

May 26, 2006
  15. I tried this... but it's just way too much work for me. I have to say, those of you who do this on your websites ROCK MY SOCKS. It's so awesome and looks great! :D

16. AJPratt

Thought this might be good for some ideas for anyone with a PWS.

May 8, 2007
  17. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

WOW! What a great idea. Those sites look wonderful. Maybe I could have my DH enter the infor for me on his days off. :)

18. AJPratt

Hi, Laurie... Yes, they are awesome!

May 8, 2007
  19. mellissacooks4you

mellissacooks4you Novice Member Gold Member

I just recently started putting the recipes from the show in the description part on each show. That way if people ask about the recipe at the show I can direct them to my website, and tell them while they are there they can check out the outlet. I just got tired of taking recipes to shows and people didn't want them or them asking for it the time I didn't bring it. This seems to satisfy them.

20. lsm72

lsm72 Member

I think this a great idea Melissa. I may borrow it from you....:eek:

May 10, 2007
  21. genburk

genburk Advanced Member Silver Member

I have a few recipes in the news section, but I think I will add them to my calendar section as well, if you don't mind. Thanks, I was trying to think of ways to personalize the calendar per show.

May 10, 2007
  22. Chef Ritz

Chef Ritz Member

Sherri

I loved your website that was amazing to see and gave me so many ideas.

May 10, 2007
  23. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

There was a thread back in Jan(?) that had some good ideas on personal websites. One of the ideas I liked was simply listing your booking dates and showing which are available and which are already booked. That's what I do...in addition to listing featured themes for the month.

My site is /krisbrooks. (I 'adopted' the calendar format and some of the wording from another PWS...but I don't remember whose!) I offer a lot of dates, but I'm a full-timer...no children, semi-retired, incredibly supportive spouse....and access to all the incredible resources/support on this site!

May 10, 2007
  24. AJPratt

Its been a little while since we discussed this and I was wonering if anyone had any new thoughts...

Jun 25, 2007
  25. mommyhugz1978

mommyhugz1978 Legacy Member Gold Member

I Post the host name and after the show is closed I put in how much she got for free!

26. genburk

I was trying to update a show that had already happened and had to change the date to the date that I was doing the update. Meaning that if a show was on June 24 and today is June 26th, then when I update the show information then I had to put in today's date (26th) or later. Is there a way around that? or am I missing something?

Jun 26, 2007
  27. JAE

JAE Legacy Member

I just signed up for my PWS last Monday night. it's /jill
    Any feedback would be great.

Jun 26, 2007
  28. legacypc46

Tina,

I haven't found a work-around for that. It drives me crazy. I'd prefer they just ask if we mean the date to be passed...kind of like an 'are you sure' pop-up that we can click yes or no to.

Kris

Jun 27, 2007
  29. genburk

I am asking my recruiter to write the date thing down for conference on their table of suggestions. I also have asked Pampered Laura (CS'r)on the Technical committee about it. Hopefully we can get it changed to at least ask if we want to keep the old date.

Jun 28, 2007
  30. legacypc46

thank you!

Jun 28, 2007
Have something to add?