• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Listing Pampered Chef (And Other Direct Sales) on a Resume

In summary, this individual has experience in marketing, consulting, and sales. They list their experience with a kitchen line and customer service.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I am updating my resume, and am wondering how to approach listing this.

I'd like to include it in some fashion, since I think doing direct sales has given me public speaking experience that can translate into other areas.

Do you list your PC job on your resume, and if so, how do you describe it?

You are a small business owner. You do marketing, networking, public speaking, consulting, sales, goal setting, etc. (The list can be a lot longer, but I only have a few minutes this morning.)

The biggest point to get across is that this is your business, not your hobby.:chef:

I haven't added this to mine yet, but I need to do that and soon! Here's how I will probably list it...might need some tweaking...Independent Consultant, The Pampered Chef, October 2007 - Present.
As owner of a small home-based business, maintained database of clients for direct sales, coordinated a variety of home cooking shows and presented marketing materials to potential customers, produced sales to reach monthly goals, and conducted routine phone calls to ensure customer satisfaction and quality level of service.

oh, that sounds great!

That sounds great! I tweaked it just a bit to reflect my prior experience selling jewelry, since direct sales is direct sales, and to reflect my experience in public speaking. What do you think?

Independent Sales Consultant (2005 to present)
As owner of a small home-based business with Sarah Coventry, then The Pampered Chef, maintained database of clients for direct sales, made presentations at live shows large and small, and presented marketing materials to potential customers, produced sales to reach monthly goals, and conducted routine phone calls to ensure customer satisfaction and quality level of service.

Here's what I have:

Pampered Chef, Ann Arbor, Mi. 2006-Present
Independent Consultant
Responsibilities:
· Marketing a line of kitchen and entertaining products designed
for home use.
· Building a long-term relationship with active present customer base.
· Providing education and direct customer service.
· Maintaining a computerized sales and tracking system.

1. Can I list my Pampered Chef experience on my resume even if it's not my full-time job?

Yes, you can absolutely list your Pampered Chef experience on your resume even if it's not your full-time job. Direct sales experience can demonstrate valuable skills such as customer service, sales, and time management.

2. How should I format my Pampered Chef experience on my resume?

You can include your Pampered Chef experience in the work experience section of your resume. Be sure to list the company name, your position, and the dates you were involved. You can also include bullet points highlighting your achievements and responsibilities.

3. Will employers take my Pampered Chef experience seriously on my resume?

Yes, employers often value direct sales experience on a resume. It shows that you have experience in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment and have the ability to meet sales goals. Be sure to highlight specific results and achievements to demonstrate the impact of your work.

4. Can I mention my Pampered Chef team and achievements on my resume?

Absolutely. Your Pampered Chef team and achievements can showcase your leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively. Be sure to mention any awards or recognition you have received, as well as specific examples of how you have supported and motivated your team.

5. Is it appropriate to include my Pampered Chef website or social media profiles on my resume?

Yes, you can include your Pampered Chef website or social media profiles on your resume, but only if they are relevant to the job you are applying for. For example, if you are applying for a marketing position, you can mention your social media experience in promoting and selling Pampered Chef products. However, if the job is unrelated, it may be best to leave it off your resume.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
melissakc
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • slhalepc
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies